Azamara Booked Transfer to Ship

Vic11

Hello,

We are currently in Venice and are joining Pursuit tomorrow. We booked our hotel and transfer directly with Azamara.

We came in a day early ( booked our own hotel for a cnight) so did not expect any greeting at the airport.

However, we are now well into our Azamara booked pre cruise experience and have not had any contact by a company representative either in person by email or message at hotel?

Wondering if this is the norm? We travelled this year with AMA waterways and the experience was much different. A in person AMA rep resentative toured us through Prague with a personal orientation to the city and was available to assist with anything as required.

I am concerned we have no information on our transfer tomorrow. I do have the voucher after several calls pre cruise to Azamara to recieve it ( It was not originally included in our cruise documents).

I can find my own way as needed but was expecting more support in Venice from the company.

Any insight or previous experiences would be helpful.

Adrift in Venice.

A.

I’m not an Azamara expert, but if you have booked your own Hotel, do Azamara even know where you are?  I have always tended to think of transfers to and from Airports or Azamara booked hotels. 

Have a wonderful cruise. 

The important thing is: Are you staying at an Azamara booked hotel? (You said you came a night early and booked a night yourselves). Ask in the reception if Azamara has left you a notice. 

Thanks all.

To clarify ... I booked the hotel and transfer directly with Azamara. Prepaid both when I booked the cruise. (Just added an additional day on my own).

I have just returned to the hotel after a day in Venice and still no contact from Azamara.

I checked with the hotel and they said normally Azamara faxes documents to the hotel to authorize the transfer. No fax has been received.

Bonnie ....are you there to help! I have called the emergency numbers provided on the transfer invoice Azamara issued to us but no answer on both Italy based numbers.

Oh my gosh ...this is yet another issue with our experience with Azamara on booking this cruise. One if so many! 

Am I to pay personally to get to the ship? I already prepaid Azamara $225 for a private transfer!

Help!

A.

That is really poor. I hope that you get it sorted out. Of course today is Sunday. I'd expect a transfer to the ship at around midday so if not clarified today then that is the time I'd go for, but of course you want to know. I have to ask. Are there any other Azamara cruisers that you may have identified at the hotel?. Perhaps they know. Good luck!

Phil 

I’ve been trying to to find an Azamara telephone number for Italy, but can’t. All I can suggest is trying the numbers you have tomorrow morning, and if you can’t get an answer from them, you could try the UK number, which would be a cheaper call than the US. You would need to ring +44344 493 4016

It should be no problem to get the agents number. Someone in UK just make the call and help this person. Luckily Pursuit doesn’t sail until tuesday, but boarding is tomorrow. 

Reminds me when we booked a hotel thru Azamara in Istanbul. We ended up in the midst of a huge riot and demonstrations just on the doorstep to our hotel at Taksim Square. The literally burnt buses 20 meters from the hotel entrance. We got a note from Azamara telling us to stay away from Taksim Square. No numbers to call.

36 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

I think the OP has to call themselves - for a start we don’t know their name, Hotel, cabin etc.

Oops, I didn’t see the UK number in previous post. Helps a lot. This problem is fixable✌🏼👌

Thanks so much to all of you. It is truly appreciated. Your support while away from home and dealing with this defys our thanks! This is so stressful but mirrors our experience with Azamara pre departure at home! So sad it continues.

We will persevere. But honestly... I have spent 30 plus hours of my own time getting a final paid invoice, OBC sorted out and credited, final accurate cruise documents including documents for the now in jeopardy cruise transfer ...etc., etc., etc,.

The amount of my time chasing Azamara is ridiculous for things a basic cruise line competently provides

Really ...is this an upscale pre cruise service? No it is not. AMA waterways shames Azamara in this regard based on our March 2019 this year.

I fully expect I will be paying on my own to get to the pier tomorrow. No response from anyone in Azamara despite calling the emergency numbers listed on the Azamara issued invoice, asking for  Bonnie's help on this forum and asking the hotel ( not their issue). 

So disappointed and scared.

A.

BTW ...  as suggested  ( with thanks) we have asked the hotel if other Azamara cruisers where at our hotel but due to privacy this was not shared. No obvious connections unless we stalk the lobby! LOL! 

We will get to our ship ... but so stressed .... this is just not acceptable. Thank goodness we have no further bookings on this line. I have never experienced such shameful service.

A.

Bonnie... can you please call me  providing the contact email and phone number for the Canadian lead responsible customer relations in Canada. Only this level of approach is acceptable at this point!

Any pre discussion with this individual on your behalf is anticipated and appreciated so an informed discussion can occur.

Time is of the essence as our pre booked, pre paid  Azamara $ 225 dollar one way hotel to pier transfer is still not confirmed less than 12 hours due to providing this sevice. (See previous two day blog posts of trying to get this resolved with no resolution.

With thanks and respect.

A.

Just a suggestion so that this gets Bonnies’ attention. Can you edit the subject to add her name? Or perhaps start a new thread (with her name in the subect) with a link to this. Just seeing the title may not convey the urgency of your situation and may not get her immediate attention.

Edited by lovecruzin

Hi Vic11,

I’m sorry you’re so upset. Did you not have a transfer confirmation in your booking information and you are now worried our transfer service won’t remember to pick you up? Or you did have one but were expecting a confirmation in your room? I don’t think you should worry. Of all the times I’ve used our ship transfers I can’t recall having a confirmation in the hotel room.

I’m sure it will be okay. In the meantime I will let our Customer Service know they should call you as soon as possible.

P.s. There’s no sense in me calling you...I work remotely from California and do not have access to the internal reservation data.

Hi Bonnie,

I have a transfer invoice/confirmation document but it has no details regarding where to meet and how the transfer will occur. I am in Venice so not hour typical bus transfer. I will call the emergency numbers agsin this morning. No one answered yesterday!

I am used to a company representative or some contact on site to provide these details and facilitate our transfer etc. especially given the premium price paid for the hotel and transfer via Azamara.

The hotel says normally there is some contact to confirm the transfer is booked. A fax from Azamara. Nothing has been received and I have had no company response, other than yours!

This is not ok! It is now 730am in Venice. I don't know what to do. 

I guess I will have to arrange and pay myself for our transfer and deal, yet again, with Azamara. Just like I did to get a paid invoice, OBC credit, proper documents (including the one for the transfer) etc.

Never again will I book with this line.

Abhorrent service. Review of this and actual cruise will be posted on appropriate social media travel sites. Stay tuned.

A.

• 3 weeks later...

I promised a review of my total Azamara experience. Here it is summarized to key points.

*The pre cruise experience was not good. Many calls and posts to this forum to receive basic documents and promised credits. 

*Despite booking transfers to the ship directly with Azamara we were forgotten at our hotel in Venice and once again this forum and Bonnie came to the rescue. We got it sorted just hours before sail which created a great deal if stress while in Venice. We received no compensation for this despite contacting guest relations immediately once on the ship.

*Did the cruise experience outweigh these troubles? Honestly, no it did not. Despite boarding the ship with an open mind and determined to enjoy ourselves, we came away disappointed with the overall experience.

* The crew are amazing. So genuine in their desire to ensure you have a great cruise. Top shelf experience!

*However, the food was, in our experience, only average. We experienced much better on a recent river cruise with AMA waterways.

*The included wines are a challenge. One good wine in 19 days. In our opinion.

*The ship was at times not that clean. Spilt food at the buffets, stained chair pads, peeling door in bathroom, hair on pool deck, etc.

*Anf finally the lack of response (much like pre cruise) to concerns regarding shore excursions and transfers, etc. by guest services.

All in all, in our experience, it was not value for money and quite stressful.

We know many people love Azamara but we will not be cruising with them again.

A.

• Thanks 1

Sorry that your cruise wasn’t good. We booked the cruise almost a year ago. My precruise experience has been a mystery tour. It just seems like Azamara is not tuned into guest requests and concerns. Calling Azamara is a challenge. Sending emails is a waste of time. I seldom get responses and when I do, it is not helpful. I am hoping that the actual cruise experience is better than the precruise experience.  After reading your postings, I am wondering what will happen on my cruise.