Why does Celebrity Website suck?

It drives me absolutely insane that I can't CTRL+Click on a cruise to have the info for that cruise open in another tab or SHIFT+click to open in a new window. That's pretty standard on websites. But when you try it on the Celebrity site, it just opens in the current browser tab so that to go back, I think end up back at the beginning of the search and have to scroll through the options. I can't open two or more cruises to go back and forth between them and compare itineraries, prices for the cabins I want, etc. But at least they have itinerary maps (although I don't need all that fancy animation). I was trying to find a map on an RCCL cruise recently and couldn't find a map for the life of me.

A few years back Bimmer wrote a cruise review and he relayed that during a presentation by the captain, the captain asked the audience if they knew what Celebrity does with all of the garbage it generates and someone from the audience yelled out “Make a website out of it.”

My perspective is the Celebrity website has improved and is more useful. At times, It does get hung up when I start a search and just keeps rolling through and not displaying anything. But I have more success than in the past, and it seems to be about the same as so many other Cruise Lines, and even general cruise search tools. More than a few of those give a great looking price, I go to the particulars and it show the cruise is not available at that price. Bait and Switch? And many of the cruise lines require you to call them or send an email to get anything beyond superficial info. 

This sounds like an ad for CruiseCritic, but I find this website for searching for cruises to be one of the best. My favorite tool on CC ‘Find a Cruise’ is an extended list of port calls that you can select and it shows the cruises stopping there. Most cruise websites just list departure ports. This allows you do an extensive search. Example: I Love Valletta Malta and did a search based on that. It shows 9 pages of options. 

Just use the Advance Search tool.  

And Yes, I’m a Cruise Critic/Celebrity/Viking River Cruise/Malta/Dublin/Prague/Amsterdam UnPaid Cheerleader-Huckster-Hawker-Booster! 

Den

Edited by Denny01