Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
luv2sailAgain

Port Canaveral Parking

Recommended Posts

I don't think its included. Last year I paid 120ish for a week long cruise. 

 

They used to allow you to pre-pay before getting to port, but they stopped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Rates are subject to change without notice. Contact the Canaveral Port Authority at 321-783-7831 for the latest information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also keep in mind that Port Canaveral charges for an extra night. They charge 8 nights on a 7 night cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Capt_BJ said:

*Rates are subject to change without notice. Contact the Canaveral Port Authority at 321-783-7831 for the latest information.

I saw this phone number. You have to call Mon. - Fri. and I was doing my budget now.  I was hoping to get an answer sooner. You guys are the experts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

Also keep in mind that Port Canaveral charges for an extra night. They charge 8 nights on a 7 night cruise.

Thank you!  I know I will pay more for the convenience. But I have a long drive when I get off the ship after a two week vacation.  So I am sure I will be ready to get home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We always do offsite parking 5 min from the port. Park n Go they have a veterans site with an excellent price for parking. Shuttles are nice and fast. Waiting to a minimum. Veterans, Lots of Honor $8.95 a day. Parking there for many years. Never a problem. No need to walk from the parking garage to the ship. Especially if it is raining. Just a suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

Also keep in mind that Port Canaveral charges for an extra night. They charge 8 nights on a 7 night cruise.

 

And was the reason I started parking with outside companies.  Have really great service with ParkNCruise.  They give 10% Veterans discount, and every 5th visit free.  🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never paid anything but a flat rate at PC.  No tax added and ALWAYS for the same number of nights the cruise is for.  A 3-night cruise, I paid for three nights, not 4.  A 7 night cruise, I paid for 7 nights, not 8.  Unless it's changed for 2019 and forward.  So you may want to call and confirm on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, island lady said:

 

And was the reason I started parking with outside companies.  Have really great service with ParkNCruise.  They give 10% Veterans discount, and every 5th visit free.  🙂 

 

I also park at Park ‘n Cruise.  They have different shuttles for different ships, so you don’t have to stop at other ships first.  They are located just a few minutes before the port, so you don’t have to backtrack.  And on one cruise last year,  the Oasis had arrived late and cars were standing still, lined up to get into the garage.  The shuttle used a different entrance to the port and got us there quite a while before the cars were able to park and unload.  There is also a AAA discount.  I just paid $60.65 vs. $85 at the port for a four-nighter in October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe many of the off site lots also charge 8 days for a 7 night cruise.    Easy to do the math and see if the convenience  of the port  is worth the extra $$. 

 

M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mickeychicky said:

I have never paid anything but a flat rate at PC.  No tax added and ALWAYS for the same number of nights the cruise is for.  A 3-night cruise, I paid for three nights, not 4.  A 7 night cruise, I paid for 7 nights, not 8.  Unless it's changed for 2019 and forward.  So you may want to call and confirm on that.

 After further research it appears they are NOW charging for the actual DAYS you are parked and no longer the duration of your cruise.  So that really sucks.  But tax IS included in the $17/day rate and NO MORE CASH accepted to pay for parking (another sucky thing). 

But I don't think I would ever park off site.  I have read some terrible stories about the hotel cruise parking rates and the separate parking lot businesses in the surrounding area.  I like the thought of my car being in a garage, not-so-easy access, with security, and not crammed in like a sardine like some of those lots do, again from reviews I have read.  I'd like to come back from a 7-day cruise not spending my time filing a police report because it's been broken in to, damaged, or stolen. 

Edited by mickeychicky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mickeychicky said:

 After further research it appears they are NOW charging for the actual DAYS you are parked and no longer the duration of your cruise.  So that really sucks.  But tax IS included in the $17/day rate and NO MORE CASH accepted to pay for parking (another sucky thing). 

But I don't think I would ever park off site.  I have read some terrible stories about the hotel cruise parking rates and the separate parking lot businesses in the surrounding area.  I like the thought of my car being in a garage, not-so-easy access, with security, and not crammed in like a sardine like some of those lots do, again from reviews I have read.  I'd like to come back from a 7-day cruise not spending my time filing a police report because it's been broken in to, damaged, or stolen. 

We paid in cash at the terminal in PC. You just feed the bills into the machine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I believe many of the off site lots also charge 8 days for a 7 night cruise.    Easy to do the math and see if the convenience  of the port  is worth the extra $$. 

 

M

 

Yes, they do indeed ....4 days for a 3 night..8 for a 7 night...etc.   

 

My math works like this:   Park four times with ParkNCruise, get 5th free.  1st and 3rd time paid for 4 night, other two paid 7 night.  Does not matter if you are 3, 4 night or 7 night, still get a stamp on your card.  My fifth visit coming up....a B2B on Harmony....14 nights.   Charge?  Free.    That math works for me.  😉 

Edited by island lady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

We always do offsite parking 5 min from the port. Park n Go they have a veterans site with an excellent price for parking. Shuttles are nice and fast. Waiting to a minimum. Veterans, Lots of Honor $8.95 a day. Parking there for many years. Never a problem. No need to walk from the parking garage to the ship. Especially if it is raining. Just a suggestion.

Messed up. Not Park n Go for Port Canaveral it is Park n Cruise the vets is correct. Park n Go for Fort Lauderdale Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to clarify,

 

Park N Cruise serves Port Canaveral

 

Park N Go serves Port Everglades near Ft. Lauderdale 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, molly361 said:

We paid in cash at the terminal in PC. You just feed the bills into the machine

Yeah, I've always paid cash too. I haven't been there in a while though, since last cruises were out of Tampa and Miami.   But it does appear I will have to pay more than what I expected for my 7 night cruise, 136 instead of the 119 I had set aside.

 

 

Edited by mickeychicky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I believe many of the off site lots also charge 8 days for a 7 night cruise.    Easy to do the math and see if the convenience  of the port  is worth the extra $$. 

 

M

Park n Cruise charge correctly. never had a problem. Parking there for many years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, loudbmw said:

Just to clarify,

 

Park N Cruise serves Port Canaveral

 

Park N Go serves Port Everglades near Ft. Lauderdale 

 

Park N Go has several locations.  We use them for flights out of Orlando also.  Every 10th night free.  🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Park n Cruise charge correctly. never had a problem. Parking there for many years.

 

I paid 5 nights for a 4 night cruise, and 8 nights for a 7 night cruise with ParkNCruise.  They all got on the so called bandwagon with that extra night, which Port Canaveral port authority started charging first.  This is for a 4 night cruise (without discounts).

 

From ParkNCruise website:

 

Rate details

Reservation Details(change)

ROYAL CARIBBEAN MARINER OF THE SEAS    

2 Persons 

6/10/19 - 6/14/19 (5 days) 

 

Rate $54.75

Port Canaveral Entry Fee + $5.00

Subtotal = $59.75

Tax (7.00%) + $3.83

Total: = $63.58

 

Payment due at reservation: $63.58

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Park n Cruise charge correctly. never had a problem. Parking there for many years.

All parking lots in PC change the extra day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, molly361 said:

All parking lots in PC change the extra day

 

Yup.  😉   They all get double whammy for that extra day...for the same parking space.  Nice racket.  😮 

 

Would be more honest to charge by the hour.  

Edited by island lady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, island lady said:

 

I paid 5 nights for a 4 night cruise, and 8 nights for a 7 night cruise with ParkNCruise.  They all got on the so called bandwagon with that extra night, which Port Canaveral port authority started charging first.  This is for a 4 night cruise (without discounts).

 

From ParkNCruise website:

 

Rate details

Reservation Details(change)

ROYAL CARIBBEAN MARINER OF THE SEAS    

2 Persons 

6/10/19 - 6/14/19 (5 days) 

 

Rate $54.75

Port Canaveral Entry Fee + $5.00

Subtotal = $59.75

Tax (7.00%) + $3.83

Total: = $63.58

 

Payment due at reservation: $63.58

 

 

 

I just booked that today for the Mariner for 10/28/19.  With AAA discount, it was $60.65.

 

Edited to add:  I wish I was going on June 10!

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, island lady said:

 

And was the reason I started parking with outside companies.  Have really great service with ParkNCruise.  They give 10% Veterans discount, and every 5th visit free.  🙂 

Most of my cruises out of Port Canaveral are B2B's or longer so it works out well in my favor. You only pay for the 1st cruise. So you can pay for a 3 night cruise and park as long as you're cruising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...