Almost Live from Prinsendam's Farewell Voyage

TiogaCruiser

Thank you for your reports from this farewell cruise on Prinsendam, our favourite ship. We sailed on her three times, in total nine weeks, over the past 10 years. The last time was last month around the British Isles, ending June 17. We have many wonderful memories. 

Tioga, thank you so much for allowing us to come along with you!  I really enjoyed it and we will most certainly miss the elegant lady after having spending 248 days on her.  She truly was special, being so small and able to get into unique places.  I'll miss her.  Here's a picture from when we were in Kotor, Montenegro.

Linda R.

pdamkotor.jpg

Home now, and have internet again. Here is a short video of leaving the ship. We could see the gangway from our cabin windows, and the crew lining both sides.....  (Not sure if this is a Prinsendam tradition, or if it was because it was the last voyage.) The crew from the Rotterdam had a very short line (maybe 12 people) seeing guests out also.

And here is the final walk......

https://photos.smugmug.com/Norway/n-rTtJRN/Norway/i-J4kNKb5/0/710b5250/640/20190702_101439_030-640.mp4

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Home now, and have internet again. Here is a short video of leaving the ship. We could see the gangway from our cabin windows, and the crew lining both sides.....  (Not sure if this is a Prinsendam tradition, or if it was because it was the last voyage.) The crew from the Rotterdam had a very short line (maybe 12 people) seeing guests out also.

And here is the final walk......

https://photos.smugmug.com/Norway/n-rTtJRN/Norway/i-J4kNKb5/0/710b5250/640/20190702_101439_030-640.mp4

What a great video 😄 

thanks for sharing it with us.  I saw a number of familiar faces and some tears being wiped too.

What a special moment, indeed!

Glad to hear that you arrived home safely and thank you again for a wonderful report and photos ❤️ 

I hope everyone had a wonderful time on Prinsendam’s last voyage in Norway.  Thanks to everyone who attended the meet and greet and to those who did not, we missed you. Special thanks to Tioga for the name tags and for her ongoing commentary about the final voyage.  Until we meet again, enjoy whatever you do.

thanks.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/22/2019 at 10:53 AM, TiogaCruiser said:

Just got back from Canaletto.  .  .  .

On returning to to our room we had special books about Prinsendam, with reflections by Captain Dag.  .  .  . 

D6C92E5B-59CE-48CC-A788-6B5AB510B1C4.jpeg

Thank you for sharing this historic cruise with all of us.

I keep thinking about ".  .  .  Even as we say goodbye to the original, YOUR  NEXT  PRINSENDAM  is waiting to give you a new perspective on the world we share .  .  ."  There is no "next Prinsendam" in the current HAL fleet.  Orlando Ashford has missed the heart of the good ship Prinsendam.

I wish that he and all of the other HAL leaders would look through the memories shared by those who have loved cruising on the Elegant Explorer.   

Current and announced future HAL practices will not measure up to the good memories shared here.

Barbara

Edited by bcummin