classic soda package - price

I've been following pricing threads to get the best deals and I can say you never know, book at the lowest price and cancel/re-book if it drops. They had a lot of advertising sales for memorial day in the US but I didn't see any real price changes from what was offered earlier. The prices do fluctuate so once it goes up there is no guarantee it will come back down, so booking at the lowest price and re-booking if it drops seems the best course of action if you are buying that item.

I follow prices very carefully for the 3 cruises we have upcoming with RC and so far I had seen no movement at all on the soda pkg price.  Then about a month ago it dropped by a dollar a day and has stayed there ever since.  Others, who have more experience than I, have posted here on CC that Soda pkg never goes on sale.  I'm assuming that the drop in price from $9.99 a day to $8.99 is just a reflection of supply and demand.  Until last year it had been $8.50  a day for the quite a while then they raised it.  I'm wondering if they saw a sharp reduction in sales as a result of the change and have just adjusted the regular price to reflect what the market will bare.  

Was $6.50 a day for Classic Soda Package 5yrs ago, and has only gone up since. Grateful and surprised to see I finally get a reduction. Still paying $127.30 for 12nite but will take it. Been sailing 4-6 Cruises a yr since 2012 and this is the First Reduction

Another thing to note (if you are planning on buying surf and stream for 1 device) the combined soda+surf&stream was $21 a few weeks back and been running $22 which is cheaper than both of them separately (currently $9 +$14). 

9 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I follow prices very carefully for the 3 cruises we have upcoming with RC and so far I had seen no movement at all on the soda pkg price.  Then about a month ago it dropped by a dollar a day and has stayed there ever since.  Others, who have more experience than I, have posted here on CC that Soda pkg never goes on sale.  I'm assuming that the drop in price from $9.99 a day to $8.99 is just a reflection of supply and demand.  Until last year it had been $8.50  a day for the quite a while then they raised it.  I'm wondering if they saw a sharp reduction in sales as a result of the change and have just adjusted the regular price to reflect what the market will bare.  

9 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Was $6.50 a day for Classic Soda Package 5yrs ago, and has only gone up since.... Been sailing 4-6 Cruises a yr since 2012 and this is the First Reduction

There was some fanfare that the cost of the soda package would increase on January 1st. However, it remained at $9.99 just as tree skier says above. I'm not sure if the reputed increase  applied to the on board pricing? I have read that there is no difference  in soda package pricing though...

13 minutes ago, dutchclogs said:

There was some fanfare that the cost of the soda package would increase on January 1st. However, it remained at $9.99 just as tree skier says above. I'm not sure if the reputed increase  applied to the on board pricing? I have read that there is no difference  in soda package pricing though...

Onboard increased significantly.... 🙄

Last I saw was $12,99👎

38 minutes ago, dutchclogs said:

Have had my soda package in my Oct 2019 sailing Cruise Planner "Cart"  Price dropped and lists "Price Update"  Mine is now cheaper then was last time I checked