Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
bayportkat

Seltzer at dinner?

Cruising on Adventure of the Seas soon and just wanted to check- if I want seltzer with my dinner, I would need to have the soda package or purchase it, correct?  It is not included in the cruise fair?

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Actually, you can buy club soda by the glass.  The bars have the club soda in the soda guns.  It costs the same as buy Coke, around $3.  I asked after doing a b2b on NCL, then RCCL.  NCL gave it to me free, and RCCL charged the soda price for it.

Edited by pcur

8 hours ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

correct, you will need to purchase the soda package.

No, you can purchase individual cans if you wish. 

Seltzer or any carbonated drink is not included in the cruise fare.

Such drinks can be purchased individually  in cans or from the guns at the bars

Soda packages are available,but purchasing one would depend on your seltzer and/or soda consumption per day to justify the cost  of the package.

Usually,coffee (regular,not specialty coffees),tea,water,lemonade and perhaps some juices are included in the cruise fare.

Miss the days when Soda/Soda Pop was Free with Meals on Royal...

9 hours ago, pcur said:

Actually, you can buy club soda by the glass.  The bars have the club soda in the soda guns.  It costs the same as buy Coke, around $3.  I asked after doing a b2b on NCL, then RCCL.  NCL gave it to me free, and RCCL charged the soda price for it.

Can of pop/soda including 18% gratuity is just over $4. 

14 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

Can of pop/soda including 18% gratuity is just over $4. 

I don't think you can buy club soda by the can; I think it's only available from the bar soda gun.

What's the difference between seltzer, sparkling water, club soda and tonic water?

They’re all fizzy, refreshing and fun to drink, but is there any real difference between sparkling water, seltzer, club soda and tonic water? Lots of us choose these sparkling drinks as a healthier alternative to soda, but one recent study found that they may actually make you hungrier. That's enough to burst anyone's bubble. Let's take a closer look at these sparkling sips. 

At its most basic, seltzer is simply plain water that has had carbonation added to it. It does not contain added salt, so it is sodium-free. Seltzer may also be naturally or artificially flavored.

You should be able to by it by the bottle or can at your dining table. Just let your waiter know when you are seated and they will make sure the right person takes your order...

15 hours ago, gerif said:

No, you can purchase individual cans if you wish. 

you are correct. I meant it isn't free. My bad. 

Thanks all!  That is what I thought- purchased the soda package!  Love the sparkling water options in the freestyle machine and the seltzer with lime at dinner clinched it!