CHEAPEST AIRPORT FOR ALASKA

25 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I didn't ask about issues on flights or ports, I have shared our experiences with the original poster.  We have been to all of the cities the OP is asking about multiple times.

Then no clue how your info was in there, whether IPad weirdness of what as my response was to the OP. Actually I have seen that once before recently. Odd. Still my intent was to be helpful as I think most people here at cruise critic are trying to do

Edited by 2Beeze

5 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

Then no clue how your info was in there, whether IPad weirdness of what as my response was to the OP. Actually I have seen that once before recently. Odd. Still my intent was to be helpful as I think most people here at cruise critic are trying to do

There was no weirdness. Go back and look at all the posts, you just mistakenly replied to and quoted a reallyitsmema post as if it was from the OP.

• Like 1

Also if you do a northbound cruise and Seward is your disembarkation port you will have about a 2 1/2 to 3 hours bus ride to get to Anchorage as that is where the airport is. This is an extra charge of about 100 - 150 dollars depending on what busline you use. And at least the bus line we used expected you to be aboard by no later than 8AM.

Edited by WeLuvVacation

23 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Ovation is doing one in September round trip Vancouver but Serenade is doing round trip Vancouver for the 2020 season.

Actually, the Ovation cruise in September that disembarks in Vancouver starts in Seattle. I’m on that cruise. 

Meaning I bought airfare to Seattle and from Vancouver. IIRC, the fare was relatively similar. But the Seattle flight during the day, and the Vancouver flight is a red eye. 

3 minutes ago, LadyBeBop said:

Actually, the Ovation cruise in September that disembarks in Vancouver starts in Seattle. I’m on that cruise. 

Meaning I bought airfare to Seattle and from Vancouver. IIRC, the fare was relatively similar. But the Seattle flight during the day, and the Vancouver flight is a red eye. 

Yes, I got that mixed up as I was changing all my search parameters. 🙂 That looks like a decent itinerary too, though I wish I could have done the first sailing Ovation did this season, that itinerary was excellent!  I was hoping they would be doing something similar in 2021 when we want to book again but they are doing a very different itinerary.

2 hours ago, blackshirt said:

There was no weirdness. Go back and look at all the posts, you just mistakenly replied to and quoted a reallyitsmema post as if it was from the OP.

Thanks, but you will just have to trust that I know better than you on what happened to me.  I have had several odd reply issues in the last month (including 2 incidents where an image from someone else’s post popped up in mine and could not be deleted). It would be great if we could just all be nice to one another, especially when someone was trying to add useful information. I am not sure why you felt the need to add in an opinion, to suggest in other words that I am too dull witted to figure this complex “posting thing.” It was not helpful to anyone that I can tell for you to add criticism unless it gave you some joy. Feel free to ignore any post from me in the future.

4 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

Feel free to ignore any post from me in the future.

I definitely will because I was not criticizing and in no way implying you are dim witted. Believe it or not, my intent was to be helpful. I have no idea why you would react that way. I will certainly ignore you in the future.

10 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

I definitely will because I was not criticizing and in no way implying you are dim witted. Believe it or not, my intent was to be helpful. I have no idea why you would react that way. I will certainly ignore you in the future.

Great. I had said that I had been experiencing some posting issues recently and had no idea why and you stated that it was no mystery but rather that I posted incorrectly.  Perhaps you did not read through what I said closely, but if you will read it again, with your response, it should be easy to understand how it would be perceived negatively. When we have only written words by which to communicate, the words matter (reading them and writing them). Happy sailing 

I would definitely say Seattle versus Vancouver/Anchorage. 

You have that seasonal nonstop on Frontier and close by here in Pittsburgh, we have a daily nonstop on Alaska Air, which is amazing. 

If you did end up doing the one from/to Vancouver, as others have said, the Amtrak Cascades is a nice, beautiful and cheap option to get to Seattle.