Jump to content

Diamond Plus Gift/Amenities


Recommended Posts

We are new D+ members.  Our first D+ sailing will be on the Adventure of the Seas Snowbird Migration Cruise in October.  We have been told that we should call RCI to request our D+ gift.  I do see that benefit listed on the "Benefits" page of the RCI site, but the gifts are not listed.  I do plan to call soon, but would like to know what those gifts are so that DH and I can decide what we would like.  Has anyone recently requested a gift and can tell me what the choices are?

 

Also, what can we expect onboard new as D+ members? Since we haven't sailed a Voyager Class ship in a number of years can we expect discounts to venues such as Johnny Rockets? What other perks we can expect over the ones we have received in the past as D members?

 

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Croozin Soozin said:

 

8 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I see Soozin posted it. https://dlxffu6hwewxp.cloudfront.net/cas/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/18063159_CAS_MemberBonus_Amenity_List_v3.pdf

 

You can also log into your RCCL account and click on Diamond Plus or Pinnacle, then select Onboard Rewards and scroll down to the Amenity List link. 

Thank you both.  That is exactly what I wanted to see!  I had missed it while looking on the RCI site.😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We just got off 4 b2b cruises on the Adventure, and went up to the Viking Crown, which is right outside the Diamond Lounge, both on deck 14.

 

The DL is small, and holds about 50 people.  They have appetizers set up at 4:30, and a bar set up for drinks.  I usually tip $1 per drink.  The unofficial overflow lounge is the Viking Crown.  You can take your appetizers out there, and your drinks, too.  Your seapass card has 3 free drinks loaded per night, and you can order them during the happy hour time:  4:30 - 8pm.  Just tell the Viking Crown bar staff is a D+ order.

 

The first night is VERY crowded, and then many people go elsewhere for the rest of the cruise.  It's a pleasant place to have snacks, drinks, and conversation.  

 

If there are more than 450 D, D+, Pinnacle on the cruise, they will reserve the entire Viking Crown for happy hour, and put a HUGE spread of appetizers out.  We had that on one of our 4 cruises, and it was very nice.  They also added 1 free specialty coffee drink to everyone's seapass card to avoid a crush at the expresso machine in the DL.  

 

If you don't want to go to another bar, you need to get a seat in the Viking Crown or DL by 4pm.

 

All of our D+ amentities trickled in over the first 1 - 3 days of the cruise, so they may not be in your cabin at first.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

We are new D+ members.  Our first D+ sailing will be on the Adventure of the Seas Snowbird Migration Cruise in October.  We have been told that we should call RCI to request our D+ gift.  I do see that benefit listed on the "Benefits" page of the RCI site, but the gifts are not listed.  I do plan to call soon, but would like to know what those gifts are so that DH and I can decide what we would like.  Has anyone recently requested a gift and can tell me what the choices are?

 

Also, what can we expect onboard new as D+ members? Since we haven't sailed a Voyager Class ship in a number of years can we expect discounts to venues such as Johnny Rockets? What other perks we can expect over the ones we have received in the past as D members?

 

Thank you in advance!

This is the onboard D+ benefits.

Graham.

IMG_20180528_135613.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

I see Soozin posted it. https://dlxffu6hwewxp.cloudfront.net/cas/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/18063159_CAS_MemberBonus_Amenity_List_v3.pdf

 

You can also log into your RCCL account and click on Diamond Plus or Pinnacle, then select Onboard Rewards and scroll down to the Amenity List link. 

This hasn't worked since RCL re-did their website. The only way to do anything with C&A now is to call.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

 

 

You didn't miss it.  It's not there.

Very true.

I emailed C&A because my choices had been on my C&A page before the IT change but not now and last year when my drinks were not in our cabin the DL concierge said I hadn't ordered any but she did sort this out for the next day.

IMG_20180923_155229.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

😛The list is there. (Windows 10 desktop/Microsoft Edge) I just looked at it under my RCI log-in this morning when Ginny inquired. You just can't select anything from it. You have to call to make requests or changes. 

Edited by Coralc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We used to get the Chateau STe Michelle Brut - very good.  Now that we are at the 560 point, we get the Chandon for our first choice and then the Michelle Brut for our second on a 7 night cruise.  So super nice to get 2 bottles of champagne to bring home!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, biomedbob said:

Graham:  How old is your photocopy of the 30% off onboard Premium beverage offer?  Still trying to pre-purchase or roll the dice on an on board purchase.  Thanks!

Has been pretty consistent for about a year to see the 30% off for d+ members,  it is usually off the full price of a n packagae which is i think $64.99

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, frank808 said:

Has been pretty consistent for about a year to see the 30% off for d+ members,  it is usually off the full price of a n packagae which is i think $64.99

 

1 minute ago, frank808 said:

Has been pretty consistent for about a year to see the 30% off for d+ members,  it is usually off the full price of a n packagae which is i think $64.99

the 30% off is totally correct.  We cruise all the time and we always get 30% off when we buy on the ship.  Prices online have been very consistent with ship prices.  For example - if the online price is 25% off then figure out what the 100% price is and take 30% and you will know that the on ship price will be.  We always buy our 3 night cruises on the ship as it is way cheaper with our 30% off.  In the last 2 years minimum I have not been wrong once when buying on the ship vs buying online for a % off since none of my cruises have ever gone to 30% off online.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2019 at 2:45 PM, pcur said:

We just got off 4 b2b cruises on the Adventure, and went up to the Viking Crown, which is right outside the Diamond Lounge, both on deck 14.

 

The DL is small, and holds about 50 people.  They have appetizers set up at 4:30, and a bar set up for drinks.  I usually tip $1 per drink.  The unofficial overflow lounge is the Viking Crown.  You can take your appetizers out there, and your drinks, too.  Your seapass card has 3 free drinks loaded per night, and you can order them during the happy hour time:  4:30 - 8pm.  Just tell the Viking Crown bar staff is a D+ order.

 

The first night is VERY crowded, and then many people go elsewhere for the rest of the cruise.  It's a pleasant place to have snacks, drinks, and conversation.  

 

If there are more than 450 D, D+, Pinnacle on the cruise, they will reserve the entire Viking Crown for happy hour, and put a HUGE spread of appetizers out.  We had that on one of our 4 cruises, and it was very nice.  They also added 1 free specialty coffee drink to everyone's seapass card to avoid a crush at the expresso machine in the DL.  

 

If you don't want to go to another bar, you need to get a seat in the Viking Crown or DL by 4pm.

 

All of our D+ amentities trickled in over the first 1 - 3 days of the cruise, so they may not be in your cabin at first.

 

 

On the Adv. of the Seas, we found both the location  of the DL  (deck 14) and the times you can get beverages there to be completely unfavorable to 2nd sitting passengers.  More often than not our shows were scheduled prior ( 7 or 7:15 PM) to our 8:15PM dinner on deck 4.  Returning from port you want to shower and get ready for dinner,   Our cabin was on deck 6 which was a very good location for many of the activities on the ship, but not the DL.  We do not drink alcohol and normally get either a soda or bottled water from the DL in the evening or a coffee in the AM.  Onl y 3 times during our sailing I ordered soft drinks from one of the bars on deck 5 and took them into dinner.  At least on the Anthem the location of the DL was near an area you could easily access.  Even then I choose to get the free drinks from one of the bars instead of the DL due to the large number of people who arrived as soon as the DL opened and did not leave until the time of the drinks was over.  The bartenders in the other lounges were glad to get my tip when I ordered and were always very polite.

 

MARAPRINCE

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Maraprince said:

On the Adv. of the Seas, we found both the location  of the DL  (deck 14) and the times you can get beverages there to be completely unfavorable to 2nd sitting passengers.  More often than not our shows were scheduled prior ( 7 or 7:15 PM) to our 8:15PM dinner on deck 4.  Returning from port you want to shower and get ready for dinner,   Our cabin was on deck 6 which was a very good location for many of the activities on the ship, but not the DL.  We do not drink alcohol and normally get either a soda or bottled water from the DL in the evening or a coffee in the AM.  Onl y 3 times during our sailing I ordered soft drinks from one of the bars on deck 5 and took them into dinner.  At least on the Anthem the location of the DL was near an area you could easily access.  Even then I choose to get the free drinks from one of the bars instead of the DL due to the large number of people who arrived as soon as the DL opened and did not leave until the time of the drinks was over.  The bartenders in the other lounges were glad to get my tip when I ordered and were always very polite.

 

MARAPRINCE

 

 

 

Yes, I can see how this wouldn't fit with your preferences. 

 

We eat around 7:30 - 8pm, and don't go to the shows.  After decades of cruising, we don't really enjoy the entertainment anymore, and to us, it's just another venue with lots of people.  The exception is live music if it's guitar or piano music.

 

Throughout all 4 of our b2b cruises on the Adventure, we found the crowds in the DL and Viking Crown thinned out considerably between 5:30 - 6pm when many people eat dinner.

 

Anyway, we go up around 4pm, have our happy hour and snacks, then back to the cabin to change clothes for dinner.  Since we start dinner before the happy hours are over, we order diet coke and a glass of champagne in the dining room with our D+ drinks from one of our cards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately for us, the schedule and location of the DL on Adventure simply does not work.  Had no problem on Anthem however.

 

We try to go to all the live shows even though most require us to do so prior to out 8:15 PM second sitting dinner.  Running up to deck 14 for some muchies and drinks from deck 6 really cuts into our shower/dressing time when returning from a day ashore.  I guess it is a question of priorities.  We are not alcohol drinkers.  It is easier to get a soda from the closest bar and take it into dinner than commuting to and from deck 14.

 

MARAPRINCE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since we will be in one of the new Panoramic OV cabins on Deck 12 I am hoping the weather will allow us to just cross over the open deck to the aft elevators/stairs and go up to the D Club easily.  We have MTD and like to go to the dining room around 6:30.  We find that going to the D Club around 5:30 works, right after the early diners leave for dinner.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2019 at 10:48 PM, biomedbob said:

Graham:  How old is your photocopy of the 30% off onboard Premium beverage offer?  Still trying to pre-purchase or roll the dice on an on board purchase.  Thanks!

This was on Independence 25-28th May 2019.

1560890954967411723720729494599.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2019 at 6:25 PM, karena1 said:

 

the 30% off is totally correct.  We cruise all the time and we always get 30% off when we buy on the ship.  Prices online have been very consistent with ship prices.  For example - if the online price is 25% off then figure out what the 100% price is and take 30% and you will know that the on ship price will be.  We always buy our 3 night cruises on the ship as it is way cheaper with our 30% off.  In the last 2 years minimum I have not been wrong once when buying on the ship vs buying online for a % off since none of my cruises have ever gone to 30% off online.

Yes, but this offer can be made available pre cruise to all depending on the sale offered.  This is not a true D+ benefit, with the exception of buying onboard. This is very similar to the bogo perk that is offered on most oasis class ships. 

 

I do do think RCCL need to review these perks and make adjustments for diamond +. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, maggieq said:

Yes, but this offer can be made available pre cruise to all depending on the sale offered.  This is not a true D+ benefit, with the exception of buying onboard. This is very similar to the bogo perk that is offered on most oasis class ships. 

 

I do do think RCCL need to review these perks and make adjustments for diamond +. 

I agree, but no reason for me to pay more online if I know I can get 30% off once I board. I have 20 cruises booked and only ONE is 30% off, so for me it is a true perk when I can get it for less once I board.  In a couple years we will be Pinnacle and then we will get 40% off on the ship so will end up always buying once we board.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2019 at 6:03 PM, karena1 said:

We used to get the Chateau STe Michelle Brut - very good.  Now that we are at the 560 point, we get the Chandon for our first choice and then the Michelle Brut for our second on a 7 night cruise.  So super nice to get 2 bottles of champagne to bring home!  

 

Good to have choices. We left both of these on the Serenade last month.  Did take a White Zin to the hotel. 😉

20190511_142326.thumb.jpg.2b79c7151cd3f3f3a6f50633c9c5f778.jpg

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, John&LaLa said:

 

Good to have choices. We left both of these on the Serenade last month.  Did take a White Zin to the hotel. 😉

20190511_142326.thumb.jpg.2b79c7151cd3f3f3a6f50633c9c5f778.jpg

 

 

OMG you left them!!!!!  If I did not want them I would have found someone who would take them.  But trust me, they come home with me on every cruise!  We cruise enough that I rarely have to buy any for at home!  Love my Mimosas!!!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Another way to request changes or additions to your gift choices is to go to see the LA on board, have done this myself several times when we wanted to change our choice in wine.  

 

We ended up with the Ravenwood old vine Zin😱

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...