MSC Seaside Yacht Club Royal Suite

Gampy1967

Silly question that I tried to find the answer too on the MSC site but couldn't and I have learned never to assume.  In the Yacht Club Royal Suites, do either of the two couches in the living room fold out or make into a bed.  We are planning on taking our granddaughter with us and could not find anywhere where it mentioned if the couches made into a bed or not.  Thanks.

Gampy1967, Yes, one of the couches does make into a bed.  I think the max occupancy for the RS is 4.  You will love it. I have stayed in 16037 before and will be there again in September.  Let me know if you have questions about the cabin.

Mary Ann

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

Gampy1967, Yes, one of the couches does make into a bed.  I think the max occupancy for the RS is 4.  You will love it. I have stayed in 16037 before and will be there again in September.  Let me know if you have questions about the cabin.

Mary Ann

Hi Mary Ann! My wife and I will be in 16037 in 17 days! So excited

~Fred F.

53 minutes ago, max996 said:

Hi Mary Ann! My wife and I will be in 16037 in 17 days! So excited

~Fred F.

You will really like all the space. Hubby says it's too much for just the 2 of us but I really like it.  Y'all take good care of it.  Hopefully you will have Vishnu as your butler.  But then, we have never had a bad one!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Gampy - you are not allowed to stray from NCL.

We too have 16037 in 10 days in case you have any other questions.

Don't forget, you have luggage storage space under the master bed.  A strap at the end of the bed pulls it up for the storage.  Enjoy!!!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

Don't forget, you have luggage storage space under the master bed.  A strap at the end of the bed pulls it up for the storage.  Enjoy!!!

Thanks.  

When we talked to Vishnu in March he said he had that room and he would be there when we got back.  He is a great guy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dexddd said:

Thanks.  

When we talked to Vishnu in March he said he had that room and he would be there when we got back.  He is a great guy.

Yes he is!! even if he isn't your butler he still makes sure you have everything you need.  We love all of the YC crews and staff.  Many are like family now that we have sailed so many times with them.

On 6/12/2019 at 1:02 PM, dexddd said:

Gampy - you are not allowed to stray from NCL.

We too have 16037 in 10 days in case you have any other questions.

They have simply gotten too expensive so going to try yacht club

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gampy1967 said:

They have and I think they sucker who they can with the high prices and rely on bidding to get them more revenue than the old method.  There are a few off season that aren't too bad though.

We have our third YC coming up in a bit over a week with 4th next March.

17 minutes ago, susanrobert said:

What if you have 2 kids that cannot sleep together?  Do you know if there is a 2nd sofa bed?

IMG-3194-Copy.jpg

I don't think that the other sofa is a sofa-bed (where would it open?). I would guess that for 2 small children who cannot sleep together, the steward could make each sofa into a bed without opening the sofa-bed. 

6 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

IMG-3194-Copy.jpg

I don't think that the other sofa is a sofa-bed (where would it open?). I would guess that for 2 small children who cannot sleep together, the steward could make each sofa into a bed without opening the sofa-bed. 

I should have been more specific.  They're grown children.   Hopefully they'll be able to bring in a roll away or something.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, susanrobert said:

I should have been more specific.  They're grown children.   Hopefully they'll be able to bring in a roll away or something.

Thanks!

I've never seen mention of rollaways on MSC but maybe they exist.  I know on NCL they are rare but sometimes can be gotten.

Maybe call MSC?

Edited by dexddd

On 6/13/2019 at 12:08 PM, Gampy1967 said:

You will love MSC YC!! My DD wanted to spend her birthday in New orleans and then take a cruise so I went back to NCL for that one in November. Alas not in the Haven by a spa balcony. Planning on waiting for the new ships in 2021 to enjoy the YC again. 

13 hours ago, susanrobert said:

Thanks!

What I would do is bring an air mattress. Inflate it once and the steward will do the rest. During the day, the steward can store the inflated mattress under the king bed in the bedroom (it lifts via struts...like the hood of a car). In the evening, the steward will set up the air mattress in the livingroom.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

29 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

What I would do is bring an air mattress. Inflate it once and the steward will do the rest. During the day, the steward can store the inflated mattress under the king bed in the bedroom (it lifts via struts...like the hood of a car). In the evening, the steward will set up the air mattress in the livingroom.

Heck, just have them sleep under the king bed.

20 hours ago, susanrobert said:

Thanks!

Well, you could maybe consider giving the grown children the king bed split into two (I think it splits?) and then you guys take the sofa bed.