Is this a fun thing to do on niew amsterdam pub crawl

kittycat2340

Is a pub crawl anywhere a fun thing to do?

I have seen the 'crawlers' on several ships and all are in various stages of inebriation! 

Slamming shots and consuming 5, 6, 7 or 8 drinks in the course of a couple of hours is not my idea of fun, specially if you have an early port day ahead of you!

ps I am not anti drink (I am Irish!) but ........🤔

• Like 2

We haven't done the pub crawl, not really our thing. BUT we have done several Mixology classes and they have all been fun. Those seem to draw a happy crowd and the bartenders make it even more fun. 

I did a pub crawl at Medeival Times, once, and that was fun.

I have not done one on the ships but I’ve seen them come through and they look like they’re having fun.  I did not see anyone inebriated.

The bartender at the Lido pool asked if we’d like to join one so I asked him about it.  He said you go around to four venues (the Zaandam last month) and they give you a drink at each one.  Their choice; not mine.  Since I am very particular on what I drink I said no thanks.  But if you don’t mind what you’re given then I’m sure it builds camaraderie with the staff and other crawlers.  Fun is what you make it.

I did pub crawl with hubby on an Alaskan cruise last year and it was TONS of fun. There was only about 10 of us but the crew made it very entertaining... It was more than just drinking. Only bad part was they did it the last day of the cruise so everyone you met and made friends with the next day you were leaving. 

We saw people doing it on the larger ships -- Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam.  We were in the Crow's Nest which was one of their stops -- a few people were getting looped and they still had a couple more bars to go.

We don't go for mixed drinks and certainly would not want 5 or 6 drinks in a couple of hours.

We haven't participated (wanted to, but were always a few cocktails in before it started and knew we couldn't keep up  🙂but every time we have observed it looked like everyone was having an absolute great time!    

The pub crawl on the Masdamm was super fun! Alcoholic beverages, games and singing songs as you travel between bars.  People stare at you because you are having so much fun!  I hope this activity is offered on my Alaska cruise coming up soon.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Susieinph said:

The pub crawl on the Masdamm was super fun! Alcoholic beverages, games and singing songs as you travel between bars.  People stare at you because you are having so much fun!  I hope this activity is offered on my Alaska cruise coming up soon.

No, they weren't staring at you because you were having fun. They were staring because they were wondering to themselves how they ended up on a Carnival cruise.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

We did this on a Zuiderdam cruise.  I am particular about what I drink, but my husband, sister and brother in law wanted to do it, so I paid to join in and I did not drink any of the drinks on the pub crawl.  I just ordered my own.  It was super fun and no one was out of control or acting like they were on a Carnival cruise.  My husband and I also did a mixology class on a HAL cruise. We enjoyed it.

13 hours ago, ksmaxey said:

On our last cruise in March we were told they were being phased out fleet wide because of problems and noise

Last August on Zuiderdam there was a pub crawl scheduled but it got canceled and never did happen. I have done one and it was four venues and four drinks (smaller than normal), games and singing. It's not a way to get drunk, it's a way for the ship to sell more alcohol.

On 6/12/2019 at 8:44 AM, VMax1700 said:

Is a pub crawl anywhere a fun thing to do?

I have seen the 'crawlers' on several ships and all are in various stages of inebriation! 

Slamming shots and consuming 5, 6, 7 or 8 drinks in the course of a couple of hours is not my idea of fun, specially if you have an early port day ahead of you!

ps I am not anti drink (I am Irish!) but ........🤔

The pub crawl is a set price for FOUR stops with ONE drink (smaller than normal) at each stop. "Slamming shots" and "consuming 5,6,7 or 8 drinks" is not the Pub Crawl.  It is something  that you do on your own if you are so inclined.

4 hours ago, kevingastreich said:

The pub crawl is a set price for FOUR stops with ONE drink (smaller than normal) at each stop. "Slamming shots" and "consuming 5,6,7 or 8 drinks" is not the Pub Crawl.  It is something  that you do on your own if you are so inclined.

Completely agree, and this over about a two hour period. Not fair to have people who have no clue about the HAL pub crawls making up "facts". The pub crawl on the Eurodam at the end of April was the same night as the Orange night celebration and ended in the B.B.King lounge. Very fun!