Does anyone else feel that they were robbed by NCL

Charlesw1968

2 hours ago, Shoppie124 said:

Am I the only one who noticed the OP only has 3 posts - all about the same thing.  They haven't responded to a single question.

Seems we've been TROLLED!

giphy.gif

I said this...about 40 posts ago.  Literally one of these posts every 2 weeks or so.  The last one I believe was from the person who felt singled out about being in a certain category on a certain cruise which may or may not have included a certain jewish demographic of people (yes I am intentionally being as vague as the OPs always are).  

Think that one got over 250 responses.  Wonder how many this troll post will hit

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/13/2019 at 4:50 AM, Charlesw1968 said:

I spent an extreme amount of money to give my family the vacation of a lifetime. We had the Owner's Suite on the Joy in May   I saved for over a year and a half to get this cruise and was completely disappointed.  NCL could care less about my horrible experience.  Everything from horrible food to overcrowded and even the a/c which has to be constantly turned back own ( because it automatically shuts its self off after being on for an hour).  All I can say is stay away from this cruise line.  I have had much better experiences on Carnival and Royal Caribbean.    Cruise at your own risk.  You have been warned

I say you should rent the Penthouse on the Millennium

• Thanks 1

I get tired of the "don't book this cruise line because I had a bad experience" posts.  maybe I'm lucky or just easy going but I haven't had a bad cruise with any cruise line.  I keep feeling that I'm in line for one of these "bad cruises" but I doubt it. 

I went on my last cruise with someone who I thought was just like the typical negative poster.  Seems there wasn't anything up to her standards and she complained about everything it seemed, mostly it was the dining rooms though.  It was her first ever cruise but all she talks about was how she had a great time despite all the complaining she did.

I mean I have some inconvenient experiences but nothing I would go and warn someone to never cruise over.  Last cruise I tried to go to the noodle bar and they told me I needed a reservation for that night even when I tried to make a reservation and the system said I didn't need one.  Then I made a reservation for a few nights later which they lost or forgot about but sat the family anyway.  Last night of the cruise I came down with a cold so I stayed in the room.  I ordered room service which never came.  my wife just grabbed me some food from the buffet.  No big deal to me.  The negatives don't outweigh the positives and I look forward to my next cruise.

• Like 3

On 6/13/2019 at 4:50 AM, Charlesw1968 said:

I spent an extreme amount of money to give my family the vacation of a lifetime. We had the Owner's Suite on the Joy in May   I saved for over a year and a half to get this cruise and was completely disappointed.  NCL could care less about my horrible experience.  Everything from horrible food to overcrowded and even the a/c which has to be constantly turned back own ( because it automatically shuts its self off after being on for an hour).  All I can say is stay away from this cruise line.  I have had much better experiences on Carnival and Royal Caribbean.    Cruise at your own risk.  You have been warned

I have been on 51 cruises and don't think I have ever been robbed, except when a $20,000 Rolex was stolen while on a private tour in BA Argentina. Celebrity had nothing to do with that.  I forgot the watch was a piece of jewelry. Had used it as a watch for 20 years.

I am not sure what an extreme amount of money is. I once took 5 of my 7 children with there spouses on a cruise for a week and including  air fare I think I spent $45,000 for a week. It was the cruise of a life time. I think D.Trump would not call that an extreme amount of money. 

I have jumped ship once, hit another ship on another cruise, been bumped up a class that I did no want and was going to make a scene since the bump up was done without my permission and I wanted the forward viewing cabin, not the stern which I had already had. My wife told me to shut up and quick making a scene. Listen to the wife or no one will be happy.

I have helped a personal friend of JW Marriott when he broke his arm on a cruise in 1975. Have eaten at the captain's table many times and remember wonderful experiences. 

I am so sorry that the OP feels he was robbed. I  hate to hear of people not having a good time on a cruise since I always seem to have. We only jumped Ship because my wife and a friend wanted to in Vera Cruse Mexico. Ship was an old converted steamer and the cruise was for the crippled children hospital benefit. 

Edited by scapel
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

I get tired of the "don't book this cruise line because I had a bad experience" posts.  maybe I'm lucky or just easy going but I haven't had a bad cruise with any cruise line.  I keep feeling that I'm in line for one of these "bad cruises" but I doubt it. 

I went on my last cruise with someone who I thought was just like the typical negative poster.  Seems there wasn't anything up to her standards and she complained about everything it seemed, mostly it was the dining rooms though.  It was her first ever cruise but all she talks about was how she had a great time despite all the complaining she did.

I mean I have some inconvenient experiences but nothing I would go and warn someone to never cruise over.  Last cruise I tried to go to the noodle bar and they told me I needed a reservation for that night even when I tried to make a reservation and the system said I didn't need one.  Then I made a reservation for a few nights later which they lost or forgot about but sat the family anyway.  Last night of the cruise I came down with a cold so I stayed in the room.  I ordered room service which never came.  my wife just grabbed me some food from the buffet.  No big deal to me.  The negatives don't outweigh the positives and I look forward to my next cruise.

I would cruise with you anytime. Funny Story: My wife had a cousin that had a cruise on her bucket list. She was in a wheelchair and on oxygen all the time. We sailed out of Galveston and her husband had permission to bring on about 12 bottles of Oxygen to carry on the chair. She used an oxygen generator in the cabin. I wasn't sure how we would get her motorized chair off the ship so I had told the husband to bring a mechanical w.c. In Grand Caymon I went down to see how the tender would work and the tender had a two story and she was able to roll the wheelchair on the tender. 

When we checked in in Galveston the cousin's husband (good ole country boy) had a 2-inch pocket knife on him as all country boys would have. Security took it away from him, but even helped him bring the 12 "bombs" aboard. Oxygen bottles can be rigged. Rules are Rules and just because we had prior authorization for the oxygen bottles didn't mean we had authorization for the pocket knife. They couldn't afford the Imogen portable oxygen generators.

Edited by scapel
Add note

17 minutes ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

I think some just complain, because they think they will get something from the company.  The way the OP's post was written, I feel that was certainly his intention.  I also think by voicing their complaints on here, they are looking for two things.  One, that others will back them up so they have more ammunition against the company and two, the company will see their post and think it is bad publicity and compensate them.  I think I saw this poster's post on FB as well.

Love your attitude, as I feel the same.  I've been on over sixty cruises and they have all been great, does that mean they were not without an issue here or there, no, but still you have to look at the overall experience.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 2:52 PM, Peachypooh said:

but if you have

ever been hot to the point of fainting and alarmed because you couldn't find your family in a big

park and pay $800 for the priviledge you can see why I was upset..

I share the feeling.  I think I was put off tours for life when  queuing for our tour to Pompeii on our  first cruise.  DH was in the cabin sick.  My teen daughters went back  to fetch something and got lost on the way back.  The crew were like ‘If they are not here in the next 5 minutes we are going.  I had paid about $200 for the trip.  

All I could think of was “my kids are lost at sea”.  Exaggeration but mother bear panic can do that to you.  

On 6/14/2019 at 12:45 AM, Seany527 said:

I agree, this is incredibly annoying.  

Anyone know how to fix this to keep it from happening?

I would rather someone tell me how to keep the A/C from coming on in the first place.  Whichever ship i have been on, I have always been too cold.  I just want balcony temperature - but the ship does not like you keeping the balcony open.  

We love NCL but was a bit miffed last month when we were charged £160 admin fee to upgrade from balcony to junior suite...plus the £500 cabin difference. I'd only made the booking the week before too. Lesson learnt! Make sure we know the exact category before we book.

I wouldn't say ripped off- but feel as though they are starting to take advantage and I'll probably have a larger gap in between cruises. Anywhere they can squeeze and extra $3-$5 they are doing so. Taking the UBP and then making a premier UBP is one example. Removing public spaces such as Spice H20 and replacing them with a revenue grabbing Octopus like structure is another.

It will get to the point where I either find a different line or go to Vegas instead . Raising service charges- come on- we know those arent going to the crew. 

48 minutes ago, HowardK said:

I wouldn't say ripped off- but feel as though they are starting to take advantage and I'll probably have a larger gap in between cruises. Anywhere they can squeeze and extra $3-$5 they are doing so. Taking the UBP and then making a premier UBP is one example. Removing public spaces such as Spice H20 and replacing them with a revenue grabbing Octopus like structure is another.

It will get to the point where I either find a different line or go to Vegas instead . Raising service charges- come on- we know those arent going to the crew. 

It is called business and last time I checked companies were in the market to make a profit. Don't like some of the charges either, but I know I have a choice and if I choose something that I feel is overpriced I have no one but myself to blame. 

On 6/13/2019 at 6:45 PM, Seany527 said:

I agree, this is incredibly annoying.  

Anyone know how to fix this to keep it from happening?

Yeah. I posted how in like the 10th reply to this thread. Don't push the little snowflake button.  While that might look like it turns on the air conditioning, it really just turns on a blast of cold air that shuts off after an hour. If you just stick to the regular hot/cool temp controls, it will run normal.

Edited by LrgPizza
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Carnac767 said:

I've been on 17 NCL cruises and all of them were terrible . . . when the cruise ended and they dragged me off.

Yep, all of mine have ENDED horribly as well. They stopped serving me drinks and made me get off the ship!

• Like 2

Just now, JamieLogical said:

Yep, all of mine have ENDED horribly as well. They stopped serving me drinks and made me get off the ship!

I know. The nerve!  I keep hoping they'll say "okay, you can stay on."

We are about to take our 7th Ncl cruise in an owners suite.  We have done 3 balconies or mini suites and 3 penthouses previously, all on different ships.  I always think you can’t equate having paid more for the suites to being owed a more perfect vacation because it just doesn’t work that way, we like a larger room and some of the perks but nothing is perfect, we always know we will have an awesome time and we always do, we know we are paying a lot for a suite but it’s up to us to have a let’s have a great vacation mindset! That being said every cruise line isn’t for everyone and that’s ok! 

On 6/13/2019 at 8:20 AM, LrgPizza said:

Sounds like you had the little snowflake thingie turned on for the air conditioning. That will shut it off after an hour. It's for like a cool blast. If you don't push the button to turn that on, it will simply run.

This is exactly what happened to me last week.  I couldn't figure out why it kept getting hot, until our butler showed me what I was doing wrong lol.  

On 6/13/2019 at 8:31 AM, MrMike45 said:

The weekly troll, create a new account, post a few vague threads/posts bashing NCL without giving any real details...disappear in a few days never to be heard from again.  

The RCCL board gets alot of these too.