Viking Venus - Verandah Cabins (V1 & V2 deck 3)

What was that?

I am a complete stranger to Viking Ocean, and would like to hear personal experiences with these cabins on cruises. Noise, access, etc. We are looking at the maiden cruise on 26 January 2021 B2B with the Northern Lights cruise on 2 February, so we would have plenty of cabin time.

Our first experience in VO was in a Veranda on deck three-forget the numbe me but we were the fourth one from the bow.  We really liked it as one has a close relationship to the sea.  Only issues were:

-an occasional clank (really loud) from what all nearby decided was the anchor chain during some rough seas. 

-occasionally hearing sound from the theatre. 

Have ve a great cruise!

Given a choice, take aft over the dining room. Much quieter than the rooms near the theater, which from reports here seems to busy night and day and the cabins near the disco (Torshavn) which parties into the night. 

We were in a DV (3072 and 3074 is a V) over the dining room and never heard a thing -- not from the dining room and not from the engines.

Closer to the sea means less rocking. That's why we prefer the lower decks.

Edited by Peregrina651

We were in V1 (forward, portside) on Deck 3 twice before. We did hear engine noise once and noise from the theatre every night. Nothing from Torshavn. The shows usually ended by 10:30, which was before our bedtime. So we were not too bothered. If you go to bed early, V1 on deck 3 may be problematic. 

1 hour ago, sleepybobo said:

We were in V1 (forward, portside) on Deck 3 twice before. We did hear engine noise once and noise from the theatre every night. Nothing from Torshavn. The shows usually ended by 10:30, which was before our bedtime. So we were not too bothered. If you go to bed early, V1 on deck 3 may be problematic. 

On the other hand, if you like to sleep in, I have read here at least one complaint of the noise  in the morning when the tours are mustered in the theater prior and of people practicing the piano in the early morning hours.

I am doing my usual over-analysis of these staterooms, and the conclusion I have come to is that there is no bureau, and no drawers in the closet. If this is true, where will I put my ... socks, etc.? I can find no specific indication of such features in the photos or floor plans I have seen.

We were in 3002 ..noise from the theater..I figured I might as well go to the last show as I was going to hear the whole thing anyway..

Next c ruisr we are booked in 3043..more midships..

I was on the Orion and we had drawers in the closet.. plus some outside of

The closet.. We had amble space..

Your socks go on your feet.

The 360° does not really tell all. Storage space in the V/DV cabins:

The closet is 5 feet wide, all hanging space with a shelf above on the Star, Sea and Sky. On the Sun, which is tasked to the World Cruises, the closet has a different configuration and includes hanging space as well as additional drawers for storage. Can't remember what they have done on the Orion (oops, geffric says drawers in closet) and the Jupiter. No idea what they are planning for the Venus. BTW, ask you steward for more hangers.

image.png.469925055326fab1da252c00789481cb.png

In the space marked up in red is where they hide the drawers in the cabin for storage of things like socks. You access them from the entry corridor and so can't see them in the 360°. In this space from top to bottom are: two shelves for storage, the space for the coffeemaker (which you can ask to have removed for the duration of the cruise), the safe and three drawers.

In the bathroom, there are two drawers, one on each side of side of the sink:

image.png.00f78a9d07922eccf0be6088af0cdc52.png

There is a small drawer in each night stand with open storage space below. Nightstands also have outlets and USB ports.

There is a vanity built into the desk with a mirror for make-up. This is where Viking hides the binoculars. I never use the vanity because have too much other stuff stacked on top of it.

There is plenty of space under the bed to store empty/partially full suitcases.

There is no clock in the room.

Okay. I think I have covered it all.

Edited by Peregrina651
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 6/13/2019 at 6:01 PM, What was that? said:

I am a complete stranger to Viking Ocean, and would like to hear personal experiences with these cabins on cruises. Noise, access, etc. We are looking at the maiden cruise on 26 January 2021 B2B with the Northern Lights cruise on 2 February, so we would have plenty of cabin time.

Definitely go for the aft rooms over the dining room. 

• Like 2