Cruise Critic Community
EleventyBangBang

Cancel/rebook and Cruise next... And Vibe on Bliss in Alaska

Booked a balcony on Bliss for next May.

Used two CruiseNext certificates, because they are running that promotion.  But now I'm hearing that you can use two for balconies at ANY time, doesn't have to be a promotion? 

So at this point, if the price drops, between now and, what, 120 days out, I can cancel/rebook without penalty, and reuse my certificates? 

And... Is it worth getting Vibe in Alaska, in May? I had it before on Escape and Getaway,  when it was warmer, and enjoyed it...  

Edited by EleventyBangBang

you can use two for balconies and above, but it has to be a certain amount of months out.  I believe it is 9 months, but I'm not positive on that.  It is more than 120 days though.  hopefully, someone else will chime in and confirm the number of months

Do you think you'll use Vibe on rainy, chilly days looking at ice?  I think it would be a waste of money.

4 hours ago, EleventyBangBang said:

Booked a balcony on Bliss for next May.

Used two CruiseNext certificates, because they are running that promotion.  But now I'm hearing that you can use two for balconies at ANY time, doesn't have to be a promotion? 

So at this point, if the price drops, between now and, what, 120 days out, I can cancel/rebook without penalty, and reuse my certificates? 

And... Is it worth getting Vibe in Alaska, in May? I had it before on Escape and Getaway,  when it was warmer, and enjoyed it...  

You don't need to cancel and rebook.  If you are more than 120 days out, just call up and ask for a price adjustment.  Your promotions may be adjusted to what is current at the time, but the CruiseNext certificates will remain regardless.

13 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

you can use two for balconies and above, but it has to be a certain amount of months out.  I believe it is 9 months, but I'm not positive on that.  It is more than 120 days though.  hopefully, someone else will chime in and confirm the number of months

It's 6 months out. However, the current double-up promotion that allows you to use two CruiseNext deposits on balconies and above within the 6 month window has been running for almost a full year now (since July 2018), so it's safe to say that if there is a price drop for the OP between now and next May, the promotion will still be going.

If you want a GREAT experience (but pricey) get the Thermal Spa. I just had it for my Bliss Alaska cruise (returned 6/2) and it was the BEST place to be for me. I was in a different situation than you - had an inside cabin - so I used the spa every day but one. Was great to have a quiet place to be comfortable and just stare at the mountains and ocean. I did go outside while cruising Glacier Bay National Park - deck 8 forward helipad was opened up for viewing the glaciers that day. But when done outside, I went to the Thermal Spa, laid on a heated lounger and watched the rest of the scenery go by. It was a Blissful day 🙂