Jump to content

ms Volendam in Juneau June 14, 2019


Scrapnana
 Share

Recommended Posts

Only two ships are spending Flag Day in Juneau.

 

Volendam will be at the CT dock from 1300-2200 (and nobody will be blocking our view).

 

Disney Wonder will be at the AJ dock from 0645-1645.

 

There is only a 10% chance of rain and the forecast is for a mix of sunshine and clouds.  High will be 65F/18C and the low 52F/11C.  Sunrise is at 3:51 am and sunset at 10:05 pm.

 

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/.

 

Next up:  the Signature Sisters on Monday (and "Himself" will be on NA).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Currently on the Volendam. Notified earlier that new arrival time is 5pm. Technical issue with one of the diesel generators re stricting ability to operate at full speed. Supposedly someone from generator company flying into Juneau to help fix the problem. 

 

Other than that that all is good on the Volendam. 

 

Barbara

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Currently on the Volendam. Notified earlier that new arrival time is 5pm. Technical issue with one of the diesel generators re stricting ability to operate at full speed. Supposedly someone from generator company flying into Juneau to help fix the problem. 

 

Other than that that all is good on the Volendam. 

 

Barbara

 

Thank you for the information.

 

Hope the generator gets fixed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AIS now has Volendam heading north at almost 20kt, but she's far behind where she should be.  I wonder if they've already fixed the problem or managed to bring one of the engines that was out for maintenance back online.  In either case I expect she will arrive earlier than first predicted but still hours late.

 

Roy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

 

Thank you for the information.

 

Hope the generator gets fixed.

I might be able to watch the sail in.  Will be in Vancouver by then.  Sorry to hear about the problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

AIS now has Volendam heading north at almost 20kt, but she's far behind where she should be.  I wonder if they've already fixed the problem or managed to bring one of the engines that was out for maintenance back online.  In either case I expect she will arrive earlier than first predicted but still hours late.

 

Roy

That would be nice.  It looks like a nice day in Juneau.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

It looks like Disney Wonder is just entering the channel.  I thought she was suppose to arrive early this morning.

That's an AIS problem.  Wonder is visible at her dock.  She will probably leave about the time Volendam arrives.

 

Roy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...