Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.
Mark_UK

Diamond @ 175? (and 32)

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Always one in the Bunch..

 

Yeah, rotten apples in the barrel.  😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, island lady said:

 

He actually finally made real Pinnacle.  I was curious when I saw him without the fake Pinnacle badge and asked the concierge in the DL on Rhapsody.  He didn't need the fake one anymore, was waiting for his real one.   

 

Makes me wonder.  If you are so used to being a fake Pinnacle, is the excitement of finally making it to that level officially .....that less exciting?  🤔

Good point.

Maybe the fact he was faking being Pinnacle was his excitement and once he made Pinnacle the faking thrill was no longer there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, island lady said:

 

He actually finally made real Pinnacle.  I was curious when I saw him without the fake Pinnacle badge and asked the concierge in the DL on Rhapsody.  He didn't need the fake one anymore, was waiting for his real one.   

 

Makes me wonder.  If you are so used to being a fake Pinnacle, is the excitement of finally making it to that level officially .....that less exciting?  🤔

Once he actually made Pinnacle he seemed to fade away. You're right. The thrill is gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to laugh at the self appointed lounge police. I mean taking pictures. PLEASE. If it bothers you that much leave.

OR

It is the concierge's job to police who's in their and what they are wearing. If you have a problem either go the them if they don't do their job, go to the HD. A year or so ago one afternoon we had gone to the casino for longer then we had planned. I went straight to the lounge while my wife went to change. Beatrice (whom we love dearly) told me I had to go change, it was formal night. No problem I went back and changed. She was only doing her job. And I actually knew the rules but forgot it was formal night. 

I know of a couple that were Pinnacle in their early forties. Sometimes when they would go to the Pinnacle lunch and go to sit down they would be told "this is for Pinnacles Only" . They would reply "so why are you here".

I personally don't like kids running around during happy hour. But if it bothers me enough I just leave. No problem, no looks. 

That is why we hardly ever use the suite lounge. My decision, but I don't sit on a computer complaining. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rt1092 said:

I have to laugh at the self appointed lounge police. I mean taking pictures. PLEASE. If it bothers you that much leave.

OR

It is the concierge's job to police who's in their and what they are wearing. If you have a problem either go the them if they don't do their job, go to the HD. A year or so ago one afternoon we had gone to the casino for longer then we had planned. I went straight to the lounge while my wife went to change. Beatrice (whom we love dearly) told me I had to go change, it was formal night. No problem I went back and changed. She was only doing her job. And I actually knew the rules but forgot it was formal night. 

I know of a couple that were Pinnacle in their early forties. Sometimes when they would go to the Pinnacle lunch and go to sit down they would be told "this is for Pinnacles Only" . They would reply "so why are you here".

I personally don't like kids running around during happy hour. But if it bothers me enough I just leave. No problem, no looks. 

That is why we hardly ever use the suite lounge. My decision, but I don't sit on a computer complaining. 

Exactly. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Retired LEO said:

Once he actually made Pinnacle he seemed to fade away. You're right. The thrill is gone.

 

Have you cruised more or less since making Pinnacle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't read much of the thread other than the first page, but...I was 29 and Diamond Plus!  Now 30 and sailing solo for the first time after grabbing a killer rate on Majesty!  Come say hi if you find me (not that it won't be obvious ;-))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Have you cruised more or less since making Pinnacle?

Actually more. I retired about 15 months before making Pinnacle so now I can go when I want to and not tied down to a vacation schedule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

You'd be throwing money away. No 21 year old will ever be top cruiser. For the very reason that they would rarely be traveling without their elders who likely have more points.

Agreeing. Our kids were 3rd top cruisers early this year, as we were the only Pinnacles.

They are 24.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Retired LEO said:

Actually more. I retired about 15 months before making Pinnacle so now I can go when I want to and not tied down to a vacation schedule.

 

Laura retired 6 months prior, I just quit.  She thought we would cruise less, and maybe mix in some other lines. That didn't happen. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Laura retired 6 months prior, I just quit.  She thought we would cruise less, and maybe mix in some other lines. That didn't happen. 😉

I hear you. It's nice booking cruises when you want without looking at a calendar first. I'd like to try Celebrity but I'm not too keen on Port Everglades. Now if they were out of Port Canaveral I'd be all over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

I hear you. It's nice booking cruises when you want without looking at a calendar first. I'd like to try Celebrity but I'm not too keen on Port Everglades. Now if they were out of Port Canaveral I'd be all over it.

 

I have to look at the schedule for Bella's dog sitter. Waiting on confirmation to sail Harmony Aug 18 right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

I have to look at the schedule for Bella's dog sitter. Waiting on confirmation to sail Harmony Aug 18 right now

I have not heard back from our pet sitter yet for that one.  Might be off to the kennel for Tica.  Our friend stays at the house and watches her (for free) and sometimes I feel guilty about imposing on her so much. 

Edited by molly361

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to go back to the original post --

We hit 175 cruise points on our cruise last October. As soon as the cruise points posted to our Crown and Anchor account, it reflected that we were Diamond Plus. 

So that confirms you can have exactly 175 points and be confirmed Diamond Plus. Benefits for D+ kick in at your next sailing.

 

We are 34 now, DH turned 34 during the cruise where we hit D+ status. I started sailing at 21 but the bulk of our points have been accrued since 2012, when my DH and I started cruising together.

 

We don't tend to get odd looks for going in lounges (which we rarely do anyway) but in general we tend to be some of the youngest passengers on the ship (if you don't count children), as we tend to pick longer cruise itineraries. It's never been a problem for us before but I'd happily show anyone my seapass card if challenged which clearly states my C&A tier!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Aussie FF said:

Agreeing. Our kids were 3rd top cruisers early this year, as we were the only Pinnacles.

They are 24.

 

Our daughter made D+ at age 14, with her own points, and was joint highest cruiser, with us, at age 15 on VY, we got the champagne, she didn't lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never cease to be surprised at some of the behavior exhibited in the DL and CL.  Some people act like they OWN the lounge!  You find them on every cruise, unfortunately.  Geez, it's a FREE program, and RCCL calls the shots no matter what the rest of us think.  

 

Speaking of which, I was talking to the Loyalty Ambassador on the Jewel a few months ago, and he was telling me his pet peeve, which I found not only applicable to us, but very interesting.  He said the number of points between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle is waaaaaay off-balance.  When they decided to have the different levels years ago, Emerald was suppose to be the mid-way point between Diamond and Pinnacle, but they moved it to where it is now:  in his opinion a wasted level with no real perks.

 

He said the Loyalty staff are meeting in Miami the end of this year to talk about the C&A levels and perks.  I assumed it's an annual thing.  He said he expects they will make some adjustments, and he said he pushes every chance he gets to even out the number of points between D+ and Pinnacle.  

 

Personally, I'd like to see a level in between 175 and 700 points.  Right now there's these "easter eggs" in the program with extra perks sprinkled as you go up in points.  I even had to ask the other day about one that I thought I heard about, after not being able to find a single thing about it on RCCL's web site.
 

Edited by pcur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pcur said:

Personally, I'd like to see a level in between 175 and 700 points.  Right now there's these "easter eggs" in the program with extra perks sprinkled as you go up in points.  I even had to ask the other day about one that I thought I heard about, after not being able to find a single thing about it on RCCL's web site.

You mean not every one knows about D++ and D+++?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pcur said:

Right now there's these "easter eggs" in the program with extra perks sprinkled as you go up in points.  I even had to ask the other day about one that I thought I heard about, after not being able to find a single thing about it on RCCL's web site.

 

 

The only Easter Eggs between D+ and Pinnacle are extra/different gifts at 340 and 525 points, meal with officer at 340, 150% single supplement at 340, and upgraded toiletries at 340. All are listed prominently on web site. 

 

Which one are you looking for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

You mean not every one knows about D++ and D+++?

 

Soon to be PC+ 😉🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

The only Easter Eggs between D+ and Pinnacle are extra/different gifts at 340 and 525 points, meal with officer at 340, 150% single supplement at 340, and upgraded toiletries at 340. All are listed prominently on web site. 

 

Which one are you looking for?

 

It was the 525 points:  I couldn't find out what it was, and then didn't want to wade through the amenity list for it.  It's just these things are usually in the very teeny fine print (at least what I'm finding to read on their web site).  Foot marks, symbols, fine print........it's easter-eggish and not really all that transparent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Have you cruised more or less since making Pinnacle?

We really turned on the cruises about 2 years before making Pinnacle in Apr 2018. We were going to slow it up a bit afterwards. Well slowing it up was not in the cards. We have sailed 19 times since, have 10 more booked for this year. And 10 booked for next year. (so far) . Plus both the wife and I have already qualified for Prime in the casino for next year. So that's another 2 for next year. We are at 837 points now and hope to get to 1050 sometime in 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Laura retired 6 months prior, I just quit.  She thought we would cruise less, and maybe mix in some other lines. That didn't happen. 😉

If I lived where you do we would cruise more.

We have to fly 330 miles to Southampton for RC or P&O.

Newcastle Tyne Dock is only 15 minutes from home but Fred Olsen, Marella and occasionally MSC plus a daily DFDS ferry to Amsterdam are the only cruises from here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rt1092 said:

We really turned on the cruises about 2 years before making Pinnacle in Apr 2018. We were going to slow it up a bit afterwards. Well slowing it up was not in the cards. We have sailed 19 times since, have 10 more booked for this year. And 10 booked for next year. (so far) . Plus both the wife and I have already qualified for Prime in the casino for next year. So that's another 2 for next year. We are at 837 points now and hope to get to 1050 sometime in 2021.

 

Laura is halfway to Prime, should qualify quite easily.  I doubt I'll even come close. We/She hit 1050 last month. Took a little over 18 months. Should make 1400 in about the same time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...