Internet & Hub app Question

Methosage

We haven’t sailed Carnival in 3 years. Last time we sailed we purchased the Social Media internet package. But we shared it. One person would use it on their cell, then log off and the other person would log on using their cell. I know we can still do this, but my question is does that impact the Hub app chat feature. 

Let’s say I purchase the hub app chat feature for all three cell phones (myself, wife, and daughter). And purchase one of the social media internet (not 3 copies for all three people). Can the three cell phones log in and out of the internet package without messing up the chat feature on the hub app? Can all three people stay logged into the hub app while the phone are logging into and out of the internet package? 

Thank You in advance for your help!!!

Edited by Methosage

On 6/14/2019 at 2:21 PM, Organized Chaos said:

You don't even have to purchase an internet plan to use the Hub app. It'll work without it. But to use the chat feature, you do have to buy it for all of the devices you want to use it with.

Is this only purchased on the ship?  I'm getting the wifi package for some in our group and others only want the chat feature and I do not see a place to add it ahead of time.

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, ski_mom said:

Is this only purchased on the ship?  I'm getting the wifi package for some in our group and others only want the chat feature and I do not see a place to add it ahead of time.

Thanks!

it's in the App Store, download from home

14 minutes ago, coevan said:

it's in the App Store, download from home

Thank you!  We all have the app downloaded, I just wasn't sure how / when to pay the $5 to be able to use it if someone isn't getting one of the wifi packages.

1 hour ago, ski_mom said:

Thank you!  We all have the app downloaded, I just wasn't sure how / when to pay the $5 to be able to use it if someone isn't getting one of the wifi packages.

You add it as soon as you get on the ship. You cannot use the app features until you're on the ship.  

Going on my first Carnival cruise in September. I've been on Princess, and you purchase X amount of minutes for the length of the cruise. Are the internet plans on Carnival unlimited in terms of minutes? Can two of us just share one plan?

48 minutes ago, sroxy549 said:

Going on my first Carnival cruise in September. I've been on Princess, and you purchase X amount of minutes for the length of the cruise. Are the internet plans on Carnival unlimited in terms of minutes? Can two of us just share one plan?

yes you can share, all you need to do is have the person who's purchased the wifi folio number and their birth date. you select switch user and then you have access. 

The plan has no limit to it its based on three types Social media, Value, Premium. 

I know you can purchase wifi for a day use also that would be the only limit 

• Like 1