Tahiti Weather

Codymomma

4 hours ago, Codymomma said:

Has anyone traveled to Tahiti Islands mid February?   What is the weather like? 

It's a bit more hot and humid …. usually rain comes and goes quickly. I've had good luck rain wise but there is more humidity and a few more degrees of hot.

We were there January 30 - February 13, 2019.  (1/31 - 2/10 on Oceania Marina)  The weather was perfect.  It did rain a few times during the evening, but that made for beautiful photos from our deck.  The only island where we really felt the heat was Rangiroa where we walked about two miles exploring the area after our excursion.  There was a gentle breeze that kept the heat from being uncomfortable and the bugs away.

On the other hand, we have friends who went in February 2018 on Windstar and it rained/stormed non stop and they were never able to get off the ship the whole seven days.

On 6/16/2019 at 9:25 PM, Heartfelttraveler said:

We were there January 30 - February 13, 2019.  (1/31 - 2/10 on Oceania Marina)  The weather was perfect.  It did rain a few times during the evening, but that made for beautiful photos from our deck.  The only island where we really felt the heat was Rangiroa where we walked about two miles exploring the area after our excursion.  There was a gentle breeze that kept the heat from being uncomfortable and the bugs away.

On the other hand, we have friends who went in February 2018 on Windstar and it rained/stormed non stop and they were never able to get off the ship the whole seven days.

That is what I am afraid of.  Pay so much and travel so far to sit on a ship. 

Codymomma.

I did Windstar also in February 5 years ago and it was beautiful. 11 days and we had 1/2 day of daytime rain, the rest some rain at night. I'd have no hesitation about taking my chances in February. But if I had my druthers I'd choose April-October even though it can also rain periodically then. There was a poster here last fall who visited at  perfect time of  year, last year during the last week in August. If I remember  correctly it rained 7 out of 10 days and during the day. With climate change presently you never know what you are going to get anytime of the year anywhere in the world.

We returned from a November/December Windstar cruise last winter. By all rights we should have had a decent amount of rain- we had 1/2 day.