Cruise Critic Community
juniper berries

Can canned sodas be brought on board in Sydney NSW

Hi i am doing a cruise from Sydney NSW next January and I am from Canada. Are there any restrictions when boarding a ship in Sydney at Circular Quay. I was wanting to bring Pepsi on board.  That will  purchased near by. It is a Princess cruise.  Also does any one know the cost per day for the classic soda package in AUD. Also what are the internet package pricing in AUD.

Thanks for any information. 

Which line, might help us answer?

56 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Which line, might help us answer?

The OP mentioned Princess cruises in their post. I don't have an answer but hopefully others will chime in.

Yes a Princess cruise on the Majestic Princess. Was wanting to know the regulations for Australia. It will be 3 B2B cruises first to New Zealand, then the South Pacific then to Tasmania. I checked and pop seems higher priced in Australia than in Canada by doing a google  search. Especially  Dr Pepper you can get a case of 12 cans for $ 4.99 CDN on sale. Same goes for Pepsi as well.

Thanks for any information.

Sorry must have missed the Princess read it twice, but then my eyes are going pretty badly.

they are rejigging their packages so it’s hard to say till the new season kicks on, it was $8 a day for soda and more last year, but I have read that that is being replaced by a package that includes coffees.

never had any trouble taking cans on, man6 suggest wrapping the carton in a Duck Tape and slapping a luggage tag on.

probably grab a carton at Woolworths or Coles.

4 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Sorry must have missed the Princess read it twice, but then my eyes are going pretty badly.

You want to stop or you WILL go blind.

It would be the same as anywhere in the world,I’m not sure about princess but a lot of lines slow 12 cans

Yes, definitely OK for Princess. As much as you like. 

Hi Thank you for the reply's. For some reason it is hard to get information about cruises out of Australia. Especially what the cost will be. 

One other question can you bring  1 bottle of wine per person on board at embarkation.  

Really looking forward to to the cruises we have booked.

Yes, you can  take as much wine as you like as well. The first two bottles incur no corkage but can only be drunk in your cabin. Other bottles incur a $15 corkage fee and can be taken to dining venues.

Yes you can bring soda on the ships, they really did not seem to care. The soda package was about AUD $8 per day and the internet was about AUD$20 per day. These prices are from a March 2019 Cruise. 

When leaving out of FLL, I bring soda on Princess in my carry-on.  I've also brought it on in ports.  Good to know I can do the same in Australia.  Last time I bought a soda card in Jan 2018 the cost was about $7.95 USD/day x number of days on ship.  I feel sure the price has not gone down.  I hope they haven't changed their system to include coffee on the soda card.  This info should be on the Princess website for current prices, but I haven't bothered to look yet.  A can of soda purchased on board was about $2.15 + 15% gratuity making it close to $2.50/can.  They have Coke products, though.