Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
fragilek

thanks to advice on here got an upgrade

Hi just wanted to say that after reading on here that some things may be available after finial payment,  I contacted my TA when I noticed a price drop and to my surprise I got an upgrade offered and got to keep all my original perks too.  I asked if anything could be done given the price drop, even just a gesture of min extra OBC or meal. but got offered a 5 cat upgrade.  This is even more useful as I now have 2 accessible rooms - I have MS and so the shower seat for me is fab and if in my wheelchair someday I have space to move about and like wise for my MIL who is just recovering from a knee replacement so seat very handy. We have gone from cat OV allocated a cat 8 to cat 4.  As we are from the UK we didn't fully understand the advantages of booking in the USA.  I knew I could cancel until payment and I knew to look for price drops but only recently learned on here that you can also speak with TA after finial payment to see if any further perks can be added if there has been a price drop.  So a big thanks to those posters.  

Hope I now like the new cabins on deck 6 Infinity  we now have 6002 6004 6010 & 6012

Congratulations and thanks for the reminder about requesting an upgrade after a price drop. It's not a good as a refund, but it is a gesture of good will that many likely miss out on.

Have a more wonderful trip!

bon voyage

So wonderful that you got a great upgrade.  Enjoy your cruise.

The price of our August cruise on Silhouette suddenly dropped this week, and a lot of people were able to upgrade.  We were able to go from Concierge to Aqua, from 2 perks to 4 perks for no extra charge.   Only one person had a problem with her TA, but with encouragement from a lot of people on our roll call, she was able to upgrade.