Jeans in main dining room

2 minutes ago, dave9898 said:

Have never cruised in school holidays before, but will be on the Indy 27th July, my grandson has asked the question can he wear jeans in main dining room on a normal evening.

Yes. 

Definitely. On our last cruise things were very casual. After a couple of nights DH moved to nice shorts and a collared shirt for our meals and we fit in fine. Going more casual is something we have moved to as we have cruised, just less to pack and we aren't dressy people. I wasn't impressed with the man next to us in his white cotton tank top but I guess everyone has their limits.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bballmomma said:

I wasn't impressed with the man next to us in his white cotton tank top but I guess everyone has their limits.

Im really surprised they let him in.  That is one of the very FEW prohibited clothing items in the MDR.  Of course this sign is likely old too.  Shorts are permitted any time and people wear their caps too.   Oh well  

245f8a7b1a1847fc2b2de57d0fb8e2da.jpg

Edited by ryano

14 minutes ago, ryano said:

Im really surprised they let him in.  That is one of the very FEW prohibited clothing items in the MDR.  Of course this sign is likely old too.  Shorts are permitted any time and people wear their caps too.   Oh well  

Old?  ANCIENT!  😄 

32 minutes ago, ryano said:

Haven’t seen that sign all week. Last night was formal night. We have my time dining and we’re seated in traditional dining last night because of the overflow in my time. Most were dressed formal but in my time it ranged from shorts to kilts. Not many jeans but my son did wear them one night. There is absolutely no dress code. Saw people dressed formal on non formal nights as well.

OP, I was on Indy last month and jeans will be fine in the MDR. The vast majority did dress up on formal night though.

To those who say there is no dress code check out the Day 2 compass from the current live review from Vision. There is a note in the compass headed 'Appropriate Attire' and it does not sound like a suggestion. 

1 hour ago, ryano said:

I'd be more surprised if the staff didn't let him in. 

3 hours ago, dave9898 said:

Have never cruised in school holidays before, but will be on the Indy 27th July, my grandson has asked the question can he wear jeans in main dining room on a normal evening.

He can wear anything he wants.....sweatshorts are perfetly OK!👍

1 hour ago, kernow said:

OP, I was on Indy last month and jeans will be fine in the MDR. The vast majority did dress up on formal night though.

To those who say there is no dress code check out the Day 2 compass from the current live review from Vision. There is a note in the compass headed 'Appropriate Attire' and it does not sound like a suggestion. 

They absolutely do NOT care what you wear!👍

1 hour ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Disagree, have witnessed on several Formal Nites people turned away wearing shorts/tank tops. this resent as last 3yrs. At least once posted "No Shorts" on Formal nites. Now Jeans, no issues

Edited by ONECRUISER

6 hours ago, kernow said:

I was just on Vision May 18th - 30th. No enforcement of dress at all. And by the way the cruise compass did not have day numbers on them. This was the first time I have seen that detail left off the compass...perhaps it's new that they have deleted this along with the day of the week in the elevator.

6 minutes ago, George C said:

Appears that enforcing any dress code is long gone, sister line celebrity seems to be going same way but people are much better dressed there. 

There are dress "suggestions" which are mostly ignored. Shorts are common in the MDR now, even on "formal" nights. People are on vacation and don't get dressed up any more. 

Edited by BirdTravels

7 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Whom is "They " ? Nearly all the culture's around the world would see turning up to dinner in yard work /pool attire as the absolute pinnacle of rudeness and the staff turn a blind eye knowing that if they say anything that the response would be abusive. 

9 minutes ago, Tin can said:

In the US maybe, this is not our experience cruising Royal world wide.

We've also cruised "world wide" with RCI and haven't seen that it's enforced to any extent anywhere.

8 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Disagree, have witnessed on several Formal Nites people turned away wearing shorts/tank tops. this resent as last 3yrs. At least once posted "No Shorts" on Formal nites. Now Jeans, no issues

Three years ago is a lifetime in dress code relaxation time.

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

I was just on Vision May 18th - 30th. No enforcement of dress at all. And by the way the cruise compass did not have day numbers on them. This was the first time I have seen that detail left off the compass...perhaps it's new that they have deleted this along with the day of the week in the elevator.

Vision class ships do not have and never had the day of the week in the elevator.  That was an innovation with the Radiance class.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Vision class ships do not have and never had the day of the week in the elevator.  That was an innovation with the Radiance class.

Meant in each of last 3 yrs, last Fall most recent on Serenade in Nov

Edited by ONECRUISER

15 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Well darn me for looking then. I hadn't been on the Vision class for many years and guess I just got used to it on other ships in the fleet.

What about not having the day number on the Cruise Compass? Is that a Vision class thing too?