Loyalty obc bonus

windsor26

I wonder if anyone knows the answer for me

We have been getting the loyalty bonus for a few years and now have booked a cruise which goes over 2 segments.  We booked it as one and note on our account with Princess it is showing s 2 credits - great -  I am told this will give us 2 refrigerator fills but will we get two loyalty bonuses?

Thanks in advance 

35 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

I wonder if anyone knows the answer for me

We have been getting the loyalty bonus for a few years and now have booked a cruise which goes over 2 segments.  We booked it as one and note on our account with Princess it is showing s 2 credits - great -  I am told this will give us 2 refrigerator fills but will we get two loyalty bonuses?

Thanks in advance 

It’s been my experience that the loyalty credits are based on how we book a cruise unlike the minibar & cruise credits which are based on how many cruises are included within a longer cruise booking.  

We have a 28-day booking that can be booked as 7-7-14 days so we’ll receive 3 cruise credits & minibars but only 1 loyalty credit.

37 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

It’s been my experience that the loyalty credits are based on how we book a cruise unlike the minibar & cruise credits which are based on how many cruises are included within a longer cruise booking.  

We have a 28-day booking that can be booked as 7-7-14 days so we’ll receive 3 cruise credits & minibars but only 1 loyalty credit.

Thank you for your speedy reply  Sad but obviously the correct thing really

5 minutes ago, Level six said:

What is the loyalty credit and when do you get it?

Captain's Circle Loyalty OBC/cabin based on the number of cruise credits. Starting at cruise 21, from 21 to 31 you receive $25. From 32 to 41, $50. From 42 to 51, $75. 52 and over $100

6 hours ago, Level six said:

Thanks, I did not know that.  I get shareholders and I am 10 days from elite, but I had never heard of the loyalty OBC.  Nice.  

I am not sure why, but Princess has never done anything to promote this OBC.

18 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

7 hours ago, paul929207 said:

Since you booked it as one cruise, you only get one Loyalty Credit.

Next year we're on the 35 day Tahiti- Fort Lauderdale cruise that could have been booked as a 10 and a 25.

We booked it as a 35 day.

I never thought about it before but the OP's post has me wondering if we'll get 2 shareholder credits or one?

(I figured we'd only get one - just like the loyalty but it would potentially be  a lot more money than the loyalty )

5 minutes ago, chamima said:

Next year we're on the 35 day Tahiti- Fort Lauderdale cruise that could have been booked as a 10 and a 25.

We booked it as a 35 day.

I never thought about it before but the OP's post has me wondering if we'll get 2 shareholder credits or one?

(I figured we'd only get one - just like the loyalty but it would potentially be  a lot more money than the loyalty )

Shareholder (also military & FCD credits) is based on how a cruise is booked.

Like my 28-day booking that can be booked as 7-7-14 days you’ll only receive one shareholders credit...$150/pp.

If you want to request the SOBC it’s been my experience that we can now apply long before a cruise...did it as far as nearly 2 years in advance for the Sky in November.  Although I only apply for it on cruises that I am very unlikely to cancel which for me is usually the case.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Shareholder credit is $50 for cruises up to 6 days, $100 for cruises 7 to 13 days, and $250 for cruises 14 days or longer. So booking the 28 days as 7-7-14 would add up to $450 in shareholder credit versus just $250 if booked as one cruise. And if you're at the higher end of the loyalty credit, you'd get $300 by booking it as three cruises rather than $100 booking it as one.

For my upcoming back-to-back cruises, it was a lot cheaper to book the two 7-day cruises than one 14-day cruise. I'm getting $200 in shareholder credit and $50 in loyalty credit for a total of $250. I would have gotten $275 total if I had booked it as one cruise.

• Like 1

Previously the loyalty OBC was not viewable in our Cruise Personalizer but recent posts state we can now view it about 5 days before a cruise where it’s listed with other credits.

Edited by Astro Flyer

13 hours ago, paul929207 said:

I am not sure why, but Princess has never done anything to promote this OBC.

It was once mentioned in their Newsletter years ago.

I asked the Captains Circle hose if she knew where it was written & was told that they just wanted to keep it a surprise. 

14 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Previously the loyalty OBC was not viewable in our Cruise Personalizer but recent posts state we can now view it about 5 days before a cruise where it’s listed with other credits.

I just printed off my info for my Island Princess cruises. It's not listed with the other credits but on the travel summary instead under special services. The credit has shown up for my 6/19 cruise but not my 6/26 one. 

Presently I have 20 cruise credits.  I have a 14 day cruise booked for Oct which shows I will receive 2 cruise credits when I complete this cruise.  This cruise can be taken as 7 or 14 days.

When will I receive the loyal bonus, on the first 7 days or the second 7 days?

1 hour ago, geoherb said:

I just printed off my info for my Island Princess cruises. It's not listed with the other credits but on the travel summary instead under special services. The credit has shown up for my 6/19 cruise but not my 6/26 one. 

On my last b2b, the loyalty  credit was posted on each travel summary about 5-7 days prior to start date of each cruise.

9 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

Per cabin.

Just had a thought.

Let's say that I book one cabin for me and either a friend or our underage children and a second cabin for my husband and other children and/or friends.

We are both Elite and have the same number of cruises.

Do  BOTH cabins get the Loyalty OBC?

Also, if we both had stock would both cabins get stockholder credit?

5 hours ago, geoherb said:

3 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

On my last b2b, the loyalty  credit was posted on each travel summary about 5-7 days prior to start date of each cruise.

Thanks...will look for it there & next time will post the correct information.

3 hours ago, phabric said:

Presently I have 20 cruise credits.  I have a 14 day cruise booked for Oct which shows I will receive 2 cruise credits when I complete this cruise.  This cruise can be taken as 7 or 14 days.

When will I receive the loyal bonus, on the first 7 days or the second 7 days?

On the first day of your 14 day cruise & since it can be booked as two 7 day cruises you’ll receive a minibar at the beginning of each 7 day segment.