How do you know when price drops?

We just got back from our first cruise and loved it. We are now booked for our next one. I see lots of posts about getting price adjustments if price goes down but I never see exactly how to do that. One lady said she called everyday but that seems over the top. We booked direct with RCCL and got an interior with central park view. How do we know when that exact category goes down? I would appreciate specifics on sites you use and if you just repeatedly do mock bookings or how you do it. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, KB Cruisin said:

We just got back from our first cruise and loved it. We are now booked for our next one. I see lots of posts about getting price adjustments if price goes down but I never see exactly how to do that. One lady said she called everyday but that seems over the top. We booked direct with RCCL and got an interior with central park view. How do we know when that exact category goes down? I would appreciate specifics on sites you use and if you just repeatedly do mock bookings or how you do it. Thank you!

We do a mock booking once or twice a week, see a drop we call the TA and it is done.  There are some TA"S that check for you but that is rare. Now that you have booked direct you have 60 days from time of booking to transfer to a TA.  If you are inclined to do that find a TA that is throwing in pre paid gratuities, extra OBC and a specialty dinner. Switching to a TA is easy, find a TA and give them your booking number, they do all the work and pile on the perks.  Some of the big box warehouse stores give a pretty hefty gift card for their store. happy cruising   

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, KB Cruisin said:

Just do it on RCi's website.  Assuming you booked onboard, you got $100 OBC.  You keep that every time you reprice as well. I have repriced all three of my up coming RCi cruises and saved hundreds of dollars!

• Like 1

If you want a price reduction you have to compare what you paid to what the cruise line is charging, not the lowest price you can find from anybody. Some agencies might have a "group rate" and that can be quite a bit lower than the advertised rate. Also you have to compare the perks from what you are currently getting to what you would get if you took the reduction. Sometimes they play games by lowering the price but eliminate a perk or two. Perks are not free there is a cost built into the cruise price. Usually it's less than if you buy the perk on your own.

• Like 1

There are websites where you can pay $1 for the website to monitor the pricing on a cruise for you.  A friend of mine has used it and got a price drop that way.  I personally just check daily myself.  Only takes a few minutes of my time.  I do not know for the websites that monitor price drops how often they check, if they email you right away or not, or even if they are capable of knowing discounts that apply to you (senior, military, kids sail free events, etc)