Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
lightink2

Yukon Suspension Bridge question

DS 17 has a fear of heights.  I'm pretty sure the Yukon Suspension Bridge will be out.  Does the bridge sway when folks are walking across?  I would assume so.  About how long is the walk across and back?  Maybe I'd walk over and leave him on solid land.  Thanks.

5 hours ago, lightink2 said:

DS 17 has a fear of heights.  I'm pretty sure the Yukon Suspension Bridge will be out.  Does the bridge sway when folks are walking across?  I would assume so.  About how long is the walk across and back?  Maybe I'd walk over and leave him on solid land.  Thanks.

Yes it does have movement.   Frankly.  It’s an easy miss in my opinion.   Over priced and not even in the Yukon.   😀.    In your case I’d only consider it if driving.   You stop and go ahead.   Then leave when done.     

44 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

Yes it does have movement.   Frankly.  It’s an easy miss in my opinion.   Over priced and not even in the Yukon.   😀.    In your case I’d only consider it if driving.   You stop and go ahead.   Then leave when done.     

Thank you - that's very helpful. I'll skip. 

P1040933.thumb.JPG.e60445d0278d224b5c1dc9b3c3c2965f.JPGWe had a good time at the bridge. Yes it is in The Yukon. Yes it does move. The views from the center are beautiful. I thought it was worth the stop.

IMG_8757.thumb.JPG.6eda5caa4466600222ee2d802d3da378.JPG

P1040950.thumb.JPG.b4f90e31b854feff323f597a14105476.JPG

Hate to burst your bubble, but the Yukon Suspension Bridge is, in fact, in Northern BC.  Don’t want to take away from your experience, but in the interest of accuracy,wanted to point that out.

signed ...a Third Generation Yukon resident.

I thought the suspension bridge was overpriced, even when it was in Toursaver and I got half off.  And then you go back to Vancouver and experience the real BC suspension bridge anyway.