Cruise Critic Community
morky

Times of Anthem on the Seas 3 major shows-Spectra,Gift & We Will Rock You

I have read that the major Anthem shows are either at  6:30 PM or in the afternoon.  Is it true that there aren't 8:00 PM shows?  I'm inquiring because I want to make dinner reservations for our 9 night September Anthem cruise.  Also when is the Captain's boarding reception on the first day.  Thanks

1 hour ago, morky said:

I have read that the major Anthem shows are either at  6:30 PM or in the afternoon.  Is it true that there aren't 8:00 PM shows? 

The timing of shows varies and some should be available in your planner. 

5 hours ago, morky said:

I have read that the major Anthem shows are either at  6:30 PM or in the afternoon.  Is it true that there aren't 8:00 PM shows?  I'm inquiring because I want to make dinner reservations for our 9 night September Anthem cruise.  Also when is the Captain's boarding reception on the first day.  Thanks

There is no "Captain's boarding reception on the first day".  Perhaps you are thinking about the Captain's reception on the first formal night?  That would be night #2.

6 hours ago, morky said:

I have read that the major Anthem shows are either at  6:30 PM or in the afternoon.  Is it true that there aren't 8:00 PM shows?  

For my July anthem sailing, I have The Gift booked at 10:00 pm (Day 1) and Spectra’s Cabaret at 9:00 pm (Day 4).  We will Rock you I can only do 2:30 or 6:30.   This is a 5 night Bermuda sailing, so your mileage may vary...

I’m on a 9 night in August. Here are the show times that we’re available for my cruise. 

Gift- day 2 at 6 and 845, day 3 at 745

Spectra- day 2 at 730 and 1015, day 3, day 7, and day 8 at 9, and day 6 at 730 and 930

WWRY- day 7 at 630, day 8 at 230 and 630

Last week on Anthem we attended We will Rock you at 6:30 on the second formal night. I made dinner reservations for 9:00. The timing of this show couldn't have been planned at the worst time on the worst day. It really backed up the dining room. We didn't have a long wait because we had reservations. They did have to seat us in the traditional dining room Chic. This was probably the worst dining experience I had all week. They never took drink orders and they just rushed us through. I had just complained about the poor service to Juan Carlos the head waiter the day before and formal night service was a disaster. The timing of the most popular show was the cause of the bums rush service. Juan Carlos approached us the next day in Silk and asked how the service was. He didn't like our answer and my survey also reflected my dissatisfaction.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Crazydancemom said:

I’m on a 9 night in August. Here are the show times that we’re available for my cruise. 

Gift- day 2 at 6 and 845, day 3 at 745

Spectra- day 2 at 730 and 1015, day 3, day 7, and day 8 at 9, and day 6 at 730 and 930

WWRY- day 7 at 630, day 8 at 230 and 630

Strange times. For example, if you have early dining then you only have one option for WWRY (and not everyone wants a matinee).

PS - And just read the above post about the flip side if booking late dinner around the show.

Edited by LuCruise

The nine night cruise show schedule in August, was that for the Bermuda/Caribbean  itinerary or the Canadian/New England one?

1 hour ago, morky said:

The nine night cruise show schedule in August, was that for the Bermuda/Caribbean  itinerary or the Canadian/New England one?

I’m on the August sailing and have the same times for the Bermuda/Caribbean sailing. No idea about the Canada times. 

Posted (edited)

Our Anthem cruise 29th (5 nt Bermuda)

is providing us with these showtimes:

The Gift                    10pm -> 10:50 pm, Day1

Spectra's Caberet   7:30pm -> 8:25pm, Day2

WWRY                      6:30pm -> 8:20pm, Day4

We have MDR early seating at 5:30pm, so we are planning of scheduling 2 of our 3nt specialty dining dates on Day 2 and Day 4.  Although I expect Day 4 is the only real issue.

Edited by PigsCanFly
ill placed carriage returns