Cruise Critic Community
lele100

So who do you think cruise director will be?

Who do you think cruise director will be on the Mardi Gras per JH he will be in Finland on Tuesday doing videos and will be joined by officers and cruise director   Any guesses?

Matt Mitcham is my best guess. CD schedule shows he is taking a short break from the Vista, returning next Sat. Maybe to fly to Finland? Just my 2 cents 

Matt Mitcham is my guess. He’s been the inaugural cruise director for every new ship going back quite a few years now.

Edited by TheTravelista

Just now, havanadaydreaming said:

I've sailed carnival 3x and only CD i can remember by name is Butchy Baby from the Breeze. that was, oh man....at least 5-6 years ago.  

I loved Butch! Still my favorite CD til this day, followed by Matt. He really kind of revolutionized the cruise director position for Carnival. His popularity lead to a big youth movement and the switch to a different type of CD.

He was definitely one of a kind.

I have a school of thought that leads me into a bit of investigative work, lol.

1. When is Mardi Gras due for inaugural sail?

2. CD's on contract at that time are unlikely to be transferred to a different ship mid-contract

3. Who isn't on contract at the time she sails for the inaugural trip?

4. Pick someone from that list.

5 hours ago, rn4t5 said:

Matt Mitcham is my best guess. CD schedule shows he is taking a short break from the Vista, returning next Sat. Maybe to fly to Finland? Just my 2 cents 

That’s my guess as well. I just came off the Horizon  last month and I asked Mike who the CD will be for the Mardi Gras he said it was between a couple of them and I said let me guess you and Matt and he just nodded his head yes then he said it doesn’t matter to me either way because I love to be the CD on the horizon  we shall see hopefully Tuesday

Hopefully the Flying Scotsman. Wildest, craziest, funniest and nicest CD ever. 

11 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

As long as it’s not him...

He was a great CD. 

10 minutes ago, RRLLAL said:

Hopefully the Flying Scotsman. Wildest, craziest, funniest and nicest CD ever. 

The Flying Scotsman was just 'awarded' the Sunrise so slim chance he will get another new build. Dr E has quite a following too altho' I haven't sailed with him as CD. My personal choice is Malcolm Burns but he's been on medical leave and has not been cleared to return.

10 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Glad you think so... not everyone will agree.

And many will agree, especially if they had him as a CD back when he did that thing. 

46 minutes ago, rn4t5 said:

The Flying Scotsman was just 'awarded' the Sunrise so slim chance he will get another new build. Dr E has quite a following too altho' I haven't sailed with him as CD. My personal choice is Malcolm Burns but he's been on medical leave and has not been cleared to return.

Sunrise is far from a new build.

Matt Mitchum is my guess too.  He is off Vista this week. I recall when they were naming CD for the Horizon, someone asked him if it was going to be him and his response was that he did not want it and that he was waiting for “the new XL ship”. This was before Carnival had even announced they were building Mardi Gras.

Looks like the brand ambassador saw this post and confirmed he will be sharing the news tomorrow. In the meantime, thanks for another shoutout, Heald.

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

Looks like the brand ambassador saw this post and confirmed he will be sharing the news tomorrow. In the meantime, thanks for another shoutout, Heald.

Not easy to be one of his best buddies😁

11 hours ago, rn4t5 said:

Malcolm Burns posted on FB that an announcement was coming soon as to where he will be next.  I'm wondering if it will be him, or if he will be backfilling whoever it is.

21 hours ago, TheTravelista said:

Matt Mitcham is my guess. He’s been the inaugural cruise director for every new ship going back quite a few years now.

Not so, Mike Pack has been first lately.

6 hours ago, Micah's Grandad said:

Not easy to be one of his best buddies😁

You've been an honorable mention of John's, Stu , when you were golfadj 😉

Edited by sanmarcosman