Cruise Critic Community

I vote for the summit hands down.  We sailed last summer on the Adventure of the Seas instead of our usual August cruise on the summit.  We were disappointed with the Adventure as compared to the summit. We were in a Suite on both and the Adventure had poor suite perks as compared to the summit.

If you want a more refinded relaxed cruise- go for the Summit- It has also be through a remodelization recently.  If you want more  glitz and activity go for the Royal ship

Enjoy your cruise.

28 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I vote for the summit hands down.  We sailed last summer on the Adventure of the Seas instead of our usual August cruise on the summit.  We were disappointed with the Adventure as compared to the summit. We were in a Suite on both and the Adventure had poor suite perks as compared to the summit.

If you want a more refinded relaxed cruise- go for the Summit- It has also be through a remodelization recently.  If you want more  glitz and activity go for the Royal ship

Enjoy your cruise.

I perfer voyager class ships over summit because of the entertainment, ice show etc, but totally agree on celebrity suite perks , both suite restaurant and lounge are great.  Also give edge in suite cabins to rccl , we have done sky suite and celebrity suites on celebrity, rccl grand suite and owner suites are nicer at least in our opinion. 

On 6/16/2019 at 5:40 PM, Starry Eyes said:

I agree, go with Summit.  Coco Cay visits will become commonplace; you can see it some other time.

It is already common place since more than one ship stops there plus it seems every time they make a change or cancel a port Coco Cay is the replacement. You may land there by default. 

4 hours ago, George C said:

I perfer voyager class ships over summit because of the entertainment, ice show etc, but totally agree on celebrity suite perks , both suite restaurant and lounge are great.  Also give edge in suite cabins to rccl , we have done sky suite and celebrity suites on celebrity, rccl grand suite and owner suites are nicer at least in our opinion. 

I really like the Oasis Class Crown Loft suite.  It is a spectacular suite with Two bathrooms!!  The price is about the same as a S1 or S2 on the Edge-  However, the all inclusive Celebrity Edge bonuses are really great!  We have a March 2020 Edge cruise booked in an S2 and are considering changing it to a Crown Loft on the Oasis.  

48 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I really like the Oasis Class Crown Loft suite.  It is a spectacular suite with Two bathrooms!!  The price is about the same as a S1 or S2 on the Edge-  However, the all inclusive Celebrity Edge bonuses are really great!  We have a March 2020 Edge cruise booked in an S2 and are considering changing it to a Crown Loft on the Oasis.  

Only thing that stopped me from getting Crown loft suite was the stairs since I sometimes have knee issues, it was cheaper than the owners suite but owners suite was huge with a 200sq ft balcony, we have our first celebrity royal booked for next year on infinity, also have a msc yacht club on seaside for November that’s about size of sky suite. Luminae is so much better than costal kitchen. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/16/2019 at 5:44 PM, mugtech said:

Have you considered NCL Escape from NYC?

I was also going to suggest NCL Escape to Bermuda out of NYC. Did this in 2018 and liked it so much we did it again this year in May. The Escape is a beautiful ship, plus great food and entertainment. You will love three days in Bermuda.

We live in western Pennsylvania and it was an easy drive for us. Check it out.

Edited by barb65
Corrected misspelled word.