Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
matt082600

Check-In Time / Maitre' D Email

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

 

Sailing the Sunrise on 7/2.  Can someone confirm that Sunrise's Maitre'd's email is srmaitred@carnival.com.  

 

Also, have check-in times been strictly enforced.  I know Sunrise just got to NY a couple of weeks ago, but I'm hoping some cruisers can share some insight.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, matt082600 said:

Hello all,

 

Sailing the Sunrise on 7/2.  Can someone confirm that Sunrise's Maitre'd's email is srmaitred@carnival.com.  

 

Also, have check-in times been strictly enforced.  I know Sunrise just got to NY a couple of weeks ago, but I'm hoping some cruisers can share some insight.  Thanks!

Yes, all Carnival sailings have strictly enforced check-in times. Unless, of course, the check-in computers broke, and you are forced to wait about 2 hours in 80-degree weather in a long line. But yeah!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is an early/late line but we have arrived as much as an hour early and not even been directed to that line. Just the regular line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, great.  We got stuck with a late check-in time but we're anticipating getting to the pier rather early, depending on traffic of course.  Naturally, we'd like to board as soon as possible, so your insight is very helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, matt082600 said:

Ok, great.  We got stuck with a late check-in time but we're anticipating getting to the pier rather early, depending on traffic of course.  Naturally, we'd like to board as soon as possible, so your insight is very helpful.

 

Just don’t be like the couple we met on Horizon who complained about waiting in line for roughly 2 hours when they showed up more than 2 hours prior to their check-in appointment.  They actually turned out to be a lot of fun, but on embarkation day they were both in a bad mood when they boarded the ship (we met them at the lobby bar) and they had no one to blame but themselves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

 

Just don’t be like the couple we met on Horizon who complained about waiting in line for roughly 2 hours when they showed up more than 2 hours prior to their check-in appointment.  They actually turned out to be a lot of fun, but on embarkation day they were both in a bad mood when they boarded the ship (we met them at the lobby bar) and they had no one to blame but themselves. 

 

And that's the whole reason why they have the appointments, so that not everyone shows up at the earliest time, especially when Mardi Gras starts boarding 6,000 passengers.  I will say that the boarding process was well organized and it was the shortest walk from the terminal to any ship on which we sailed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My last sailing out of the Manhattan terminal for pier 90 was the Vista's inaugural cruise in 2016 at that time there was no early/late line and those arriving before their check-in appointment time (as arrival appointments were called then) were turned away from the door. This lead to many just hanging out on the concourse being very grumpy and obstructing the door area. We wee priority at that time so I don't know how they ultimately handled all the early arrivals. We have also encountered similar when at the terminal for pier 88 boarding the NCL's Breakaway, and since we were the newbies for that line but hubby was using a cane they let us in but gave us a high zone number that we boarded 2 hours after finishing check-in..

Again in the 2.75 years things may of changed but since many that cruise from NYC are repeat passengers across several cruise lines you may want to post this query in your roll-call to get definitively current answers or glance through comment on other roll-calls around your sailing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

 

Just don’t be like the couple we met on Horizon who complained about waiting in line for roughly 2 hours when they showed up more than 2 hours prior to their check-in appointment.  They actually turned out to be a lot of fun, but on embarkation day they were both in a bad mood when they boarded the ship (we met them at the lobby bar) and they had no one to blame but themselves. 

I would never.  I understand my time slot and will board at that time if its the earliest I'm allowed to board.  But I'll happily board early, if allowed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any help with the email address?  I'm sailing with a group of 20 and I'm hoping to have adults and young adults at separate tables.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone confirm that Sunrise's Maitre'd's email is srmaitred@carnival.com.  

 

The email address for the maitre'd on the Sunrise is SNmaitred@carnival.com.  Enjoy your cruise!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Florida Paesano said:

Can someone confirm that Sunrise's Maitre'd's email is srmaitred@carnival.com.  

 

The email address for the maitre'd on the Sunrise is SNmaitred@carnival.com.  Enjoy your cruise!

 

Thank you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2019 at 10:28 PM, 2wheelin said:

There is an early/late line but we have arrived as much as an hour early and not even been directed to that line. Just the regular line.

This all depends on which port you are leaving from. I have no experience with New York but Miami sticks to the early late line.

Pat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, quickrate said:

This all depends on which port you are leaving from. I have no experience with New York but Miami sticks to the early late line.

Pat

Ok, thanks Pat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, quickrate said:

This all depends on which port you are leaving from. I have no experience with New York but Miami sticks to the early late line.

Pat

Funny—we were in Miami when we just got in line about an hour early. I didn’t even notice if there was another line—except priority. Around noon so not late in the process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2019 at 9:31 PM, matt082600 said:

Any help with the email address?  I'm sailing with a group of 20 and I'm hoping to have adults and young adults at separate tables.

On one of our CCL cruises we were assigned the table next to two 10 tops assigned to a group of 20 - assorted ages. 

Nightly, they moved around at will in the seating as long as they used their 2 tables.  The teens claimed the end of one of the tables and seemed quite happy with that arrangement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...