Jump to content

Harmony Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge


Recommended Posts

Have only been in the Suite Lounge and CK on Allure and it was very nice.  Bar had lots of seats and an OV view out the large windows.  Looking at the pics on the Harmony the bar is faced against a wall with only 5 or 6 seats.

 

Also it appears in the photos that I saw that the tables in CK are pretty close together.  Is that true ?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We were on Harmony in Feb. and this was my least favorite CK. The tables are very close together but more than anything the food was terrible. This of course is our opinion and experience. After trying it a couple of times, we quit going there. We are not picky by any means and the ones working in CK were very nice, but it wasn’t worth it to us to go there. I enjoy going to eat at CK usually but this wasn’t the case on Harmony. We opted for the windjammer in favor of CK because our food in the WJ on Harmony was surprisingly very good. I hope you enjoy a different experience and have a wonderful cruise. We really enjoyed sailing on Harmony. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Have only been in the Suite Lounge and CK on Allure and it was very nice.  Bar had lots of seats and an OV view out the large windows.  Looking at the pics on the Harmony the bar is faced against a wall with only 5 or 6 seats.

 

Also it appears in the photos that I saw that the tables in CK are pretty close together.  Is that true ?

 

 

This is true. You're looking at a wall with limited seating.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And from what I understand...CK and the SL are flip flopped on opposite sides.   Really no real separation between CK tables and SL tables.  I think it was to add more seating in CK.  

 

I will miss the bar seating facing the windows in the SL that separated CK from the SL...that we enjoyed on Oasis....sigh....  😞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

The bar faces inward. The lounge part is nicer than Allure. It does seem smaller as it was designed with ck in mind and is a little narrower. On the positive side the suite sun deck has a hot tub!

Do you get free beer and wine all day like you do on the Allure?   Sorry you could not make this one  I'll keep my eyes out for another one

Edited by molly361
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you liked the bar in the suite lounge on the Allure you will be disappointed on the Harmony.  I don't understand why it was designed so that the bar faces inwards with limited seating.  Who wants look at a wall and not the sea while on a cruise ship?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Do you get free beer and wine all day like you do on the Allure?   Sorry you could not make this one

 

Should be the same set up.  We loved going into the SL on Oasis to sit at the bar after coming back from a port of call to have a glass of wine/beer before getting ready for dinner.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, maudde said:

We were on Harmony in Feb. and this was my least favorite CK. The tables are very close together but more than anything the food was terrible. 

 

Possibly intentional to get people to go elsewhere, take the load off from Sky suite guests + Pinnacles + junior suites?  We'll see, I'll be on Harmony 7/14 and will see what the quality is like.  It was pretty hit or miss on Oasis 2 years ago, though.

 

1 minute ago, crusinthrough said:

If you liked the bar in the suite lounge on the Allure you will be disappointed on the Harmony.  I don't understand why it was designed so that the bar faces inwards with limited seating.  Who wants look at a wall and not the sea while on a cruise ship?

 

To accommodate more CK seating that faces out toward the windows, I would bet.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

i'm sure but I would rather a small bar facing a window than a wall.  Most people are on a ship to see the ocean.  

 

That is why I liked the set up on Oasis.   The bar also served as an actual separation between CK and the SL also.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@molly361 Ellen, the bar is nice, you are closer to the bartender so it's fun to chat with them. As far as CK, I thought it was a nicer setup than Oasis. Lots more window seats. Plus the buffet area is a huge improvement.

 

SL is better also

 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, lovelife said:

I agree the food at Coastal Kitchen on Harmony is just not up to the quality of the other Oasis Class ships.  I have been on her three times and it was the same each cruise.  Service was great though.

 

Have you been on since she relocated to Pt Canaveral 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was wondering about the SL after reading this thread... does everyone that has dinner at Coastal Kitchen have access  to the SL since they are basically in the same room? Just curious. We are in a CL , however, seems like all people including the junior suites would essentially already be in there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, pop5 said:

Was wondering about the SL after reading this thread... does everyone that has dinner at Coastal Kitchen have access  to the SL since they are basically in the same room? Just curious. We are in a CL , however, seems like all people including the junior suites would essentially already be in there. 

 

If you are in a Crown Loft. You have full access to the Suite Lounge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, pop5 said:

Was wondering about the SL after reading this thread... does everyone that has dinner at Coastal Kitchen have access  to the SL since they are basically in the same room? Just curious. We are in a CL , however, seems like all people including the junior suites would essentially already be in there. 

 

No access for JS. They should allow them to have drinks at dinner, though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...