Cruise Critic Community
fyree39

Can we PLEASE have an edit feature?

The photos of the bright orange feet painted to look like some kind of animal are just horrible.  I'm seeing 4 pictures of the horrible feet decorating the side of my screen and there's no way to turn that feature off.  Those photos are disgusting! 

Are you talking about the photos that CC members have been allowed to share over in the right column since the site upgrade in October?   If so, this subject was discussed a great deal back then (see, e.g., one such thread below), as many folks asked to make seeing the feature optional because of concerns such as yours.  It’s not.

i share your concern that some of the photos are inappropriate. When you encounter such photos, click on them and then report them. Some people are using ad blockers to block them.   

ur 

My God, but the orange foot photos make me want to vomit.  I'm glad Laura thinks it's wonderful.  I think it sucks HARD.

Posted (edited)

How about this.  Can we have an option to BLOCK posters who post horrible pictures to the gallery?  I can't figure out how to block RockinRobbie.

ETA: I figured out if I just post some benign photos to an album, then those show up on top of the nasty foot pictures. This might get interesting!

Edited by fyree39

58 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

ETA: I figured out if I just post some benign photos to an album, then those show up on top of the nasty foot pictures. This might get interesting!

Indeed, folks in those earlier threads discovered that if they kept posting photos, it would knock the inappropriate ones off the screen.   (We had "guy in bed" for awhile before that.  I'm glad I missed the orange foot photos.)

1 hour ago, fyree39 said:

I figured out if I just post some benign photos to an album, then those show up on top of the nasty foot pictures. This might get interesting!

24 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

I'm glad I missed the orange foot photos.

I see that fyree39's immediate action worked! I'm going to find those orange feet hard to forget.

40 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

How did I miss them?  Were they earlier today?

Yes.

56 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

How did I miss them?

I'm not sure that "miss" is quite the right word. :classic_biggrin:

The problem is that if people post photos into an album here so that they can put them in a thread, they show up on the right as new photos.  Those feet pics were an illustration of what stupid things people will do when participating in hypnosis onboard.  Don't remember if it was from the Carnival board, Celebrity, HAL, Princess (the ones I follow).  EM

There is no reason to put photos in the Gallery so you can include them in a thread. Totally separate actions

This goes back to the original request of the ability for the user to turn off this "unwanted" feature, without resorting to our ad blockers.

Random pictures showing up on a thread with no context make no sense.

On 6/18/2019 at 12:05 PM, fyree39 said:

The photos of the bright orange feet painted to look like some kind of animal are just horrible.  I'm seeing 4 pictures of the horrible feet decorating the side of my screen and there's no way to turn that feature off.  Those photos are disgusting! 

Anytime someone posted weird selfies or pics like those disgusting orange feet, I tried to make them disappear by posting ship pics.  Problem is, I ran out.  

I'm glad CC is working on a solution to opt out of seeing them.  

8 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

I'm glad CC is working on a solution to opt out of seeing them.

Where did you get that info?   Thanks

1 minute ago, Turtles06 said:

Where did you get that info?   Thanks

Post #2 of this thread.  At least, that's what I think its saying.  

31 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

Post #2 of this thread.  At least, that's what I think its saying.  

That's my post.  I certainly wasn't saying that.  CC has opted to keep the photo gallery, and not allow anyone to opt out of seeing it.

33 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

No, CC has said that they intend to leave it as is.

1 minute ago, Turtles06 said:

That's my post.  I certainly wasn't saying that.  CC has opted to keep the photo gallery, and not allow anyone to opt out of seeing it.

My apologies.  I misread the link you posted.  For some reason, my eyes read "it is" instead of "is it."

Darn.

5 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

My apologies.  I misread the link you posted.  For some reason, my eyes read "it is" instead of "is it."

Darn.

No worries!   :classic_smile:

Do others find it hard to ignore these pictures? The only time I'm aware of them is when I read threads like this.

Today, the newest photos are two photos of a transfer company in Cancun.  It's nothing more than free advertising.  I reported the pictures, but maybe they'll stay up and this will be a new advertising method. I don't know how to get my adblocker to block the photos. 😞

I tried ignoring them at first, but that didn't work, so I used my adblocker.

My guess is that someone posted the pics to a review, so showing the transfer company. The only metric that the newest photos uses is that they are the most recently uploaded ones.

On 6/19/2019 at 9:10 AM, 1025cruise said:

This goes back to the original request of the ability for the user to turn off this "unwanted" feature, without resorting to our ad blockers.

Random pictures showing up on a thread with no context make no sense.

They really don't show up in the threads. They appear on the side or bottom. 

Yes, but they show up on the page of a thread, and have no context to the thread itself.

57 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Yes, but they show up on the page of a thread, and have no context to the thread itself.

Do you mean they are showing up in between posts on a thread?  Or over on the right side of the screen?  (I have only seen them on the right side of the screen, although some ads have started popping up between posts in a thread, which I hate.)