Cruise Critic Community
fyree39

Can we PLEASE have an edit feature?

They show up on the side. While they aren't intrusive, I know my eyes tend to gaze to them. The fact that they have no relevance to the post is my issue.

Posted (edited)

I kind of like following the new Mardi Gras pictures. 

But seriously, you rarely notice them on a phone

FWIW, I believe the three newest albums show up on a thread page and the 4 newest pictures show up in a sub directory of topics 

Edited by John&LaLa

And now its a guy posting selfies in his UPS Store uniform.  My goodness.  Why would people even upload something like that to a cruise website?  

3 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

And now its a guy posting selfies in his UPS Store uniform.  My goodness.  Why would people even upload something like that to a cruise website?  

Agreed.  They don't belong here.   Click on the image, which will then allow you to report it. 

I came to make a comment after this latest raft of photos.

7C6C8026-0A5F-4487-8F62-680D95868713.thumb.png.59f5f799e3b974c4dc42eeaecff8b98b.png

In general, many are photos with no context, no title, or just plain embarrassing. 

Oh, so many are just bad pictures. (Posing a group of strangers against a glaring window is not aesthetically pleasing.)

I have no idea why cc thinks they are a good idea, or why I may wish to see random bad snap shots. Although the bald bloke in bed had a certain “charm”.

3 hours ago, Docker123 said:

... I have no idea why cc thinks they are a good idea...

See post #129 by LauraS, Senior Community Manager. It is the last post in the closed oldie but goody thread titled MAKE GALLERY PICTURES OPTIONAL.

Please remember, questions or comments on the inner workings of Cruise Critic should NOT be posted in this or any other forum on the Cruise Critic message board. This is per the following portion of the Community Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

... Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums.  Your post will be removed and you may receive a Guideline Reminder.  However, we would be happy to address any concerns you have via email.   Please write to the Community Manager at:  community@cruisecritic.com...

An e-mail to LauraS, Senior Manager Community, at community@cruisecritic.com is the quickest way for all members to get their questions, comments & concerns about Cruise Critic policies or site feedback to the correct place. Your e-mail should be from your Cruise Critic e-mail address of record and be sure to mention your Cruise Critic user name. This helps for a quicker verification of your membership. All e-mails to Cruise Critic are handled in order of receipt. 

Kat

Please folks, for the images that have nothing whatsoever to with cruising or are otherwise inappropriate, click on them in the right side of your screen where you see them, then click on the image once it appears on the next screen; then you can click "report image" in the upper right (similar to the "report post" option for a text comment).

4 hours ago, TxCityKat said:

Please remember, questions or comments on the inner workings of Cruise Critic should NOT be posted in this or any other forum on the Cruise Critic message board. This is per the following portion of the Community Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

... Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums.  Your post will be removed and you may receive a Guideline Reminder.  However, we would be happy to address any concerns you have via email.   Please write to the Community Manager at:  community@cruisecritic.com...

I disagree.  We are not discussing website's management.  The whole purpose of this particular board is for discussing the site itself, the features of it, and posting concerns.  Some people find the photos very annoying, especially like the current ones that are self serving and have nothing to do with cruising.  Asking for an opt-out of seeing the photos is totally understandable.