Guaranty assignment?

Just booked a balcony guaranteed cabin.  Only second we’ve ever done.  The last was great....upgraded from an inside to an outside.  This time, kind of last minute, we decided to stay another week on board the Adventure.  All that’s left are guaranteed. I know this means they are counting on someone backing out.  It’s 2 months out so not too worried but it does make me nervous.  We’ll have to change cabins on turn around day but we’ve done that before. As long as it’s a balcony I guess we can’t be too picky.  Our only choice was not to stay on or go to the Allure which would have been double the cost. Any balcony is better then flying home right?  Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

On 9/9/2019 at 7:34 PM, cruiselvr04 said:

All that’s left are guaranteed. I know this means they are counting on someone backing out.  

No, it just means that RCI is trading a price break for cabin assignment flexibility. The inventory you see online is not the whole picture. 

I am sailing in 22 days know my deck  but not my room number.  Usually don,t do guarantee but picked up a bargain too good to pass up.   

I have done one or two guarantees pretty much have had them assigned before three weeks out but that was on other cruise lines.  Patiently waiting.  Looking forward to just getting away.

44 minutes ago, beachseasand said:

I am sailing in 22 days know my deck  but not my room number.  Usually don,t do guarantee but picked up a bargain too good to pass up.   

I have done one or two guarantees pretty much have had them assigned before three weeks out but that was on other cruise lines.  Patiently waiting.  Looking forward to just getting away.

We've done several guarantees on Royal and the assignment came anywhere between the day after we booked to the day before the cruise.

43 minutes ago, beachseasand said:

Yep that added a whole new dimension. 

Internally there might be assignments just as far out as before, but RCI won’t let you know officially. Many have reported an in between situation where at 90 days out the SetSail pass will show deck and/or muster station but not specific cabin. 

We did a balcony guarantee on our upcoming Anthem 9 night cruise.  It was a gamble because the Anthem has obstructed view balconies but the difference in price was about $1000.00.  We rolled the dice (figuring the savings could be used for the drink package 🍸🥂🍺🥃) and about 40 days out our cruise documents showed we would be on deck 11 (no obstructed view cabins on deck 11 🤗) and exactly 30 days out we got our cabin assignment (forward cabin but not a bad location).  It paid off for us!

• Like 1

I have an Oasis Class balcony guarantee question that I’m sure has been asked before.

I’ve been playing with booking a guarantee on Oasis December cruises (that solo rate is soooo tempting, but alas I have too few remaining days off.). Anyways, it specifically noted “ocean view guarantee” when I got as far as payment.  But, I wondered if that was true or just a website glitch as this class of ship had different balcony cabins unlike the majority of the other classes.

59 minutes ago, Alter Ego said:

I have an Oasis Class balcony guarantee question that I’m sure has been asked before.

I’ve been playing with booking a guarantee on Oasis December cruises (that solo rate is soooo tempting, but alas I have too few remaining days off.). Anyways, it specifically noted “ocean view guarantee” when I got as far as payment.  But, I wondered if that was true or just a website glitch as this class of ship had different balcony cabins unlike the majority of the other classes.

Not a glitch, your guarantee excludes inward facing balconies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are also in the Guarantee cabin class on the Harmony next May.12 cruise trips overall 7 with RCI.  First time for us to book reservation on line with RCI, all other trips  have gone with my Travel Agent. We got caught up with 5 hours left Buy one get one half off sale on a Sunday. Thinking this was a good deal, we made reservation on line. If I had only new you could not choose your cabin with out paying extra,    I would have waiting and booked with my Travel Agent and picked out my cabin, lesson learned. Now I am also playing the waiting game to see what kind of cabin and location that we get..  Hope we find out more then two days before May 2020 cruise... 

We booked a double inside and a triple inside at the end of July for the Jan 10th Explorer sailing out of Miami.  For some reason the reservations couldn't be linked (something to do with groups?).

Checked earlier this week and staterooms were assigned.  Not sure when that happened, I'd been in the planner a bunch of times but it hadn't occurred to me that they might be assigned already.

They were 7 cabins apart on the 8th deck but I couldn't figure out whether they opened into the same hall or not.  Checked online and surprisingly there were no double insides available so that couldn't be moved.  There are only 5 triple interiors on the back of the 8th deck and only 2 of them are adjacent to double interiors.   Remarkably 1 of the 2 was was adjacent to our double and available.  Called our TA and got it switched.

Very happy because now we can put the 3 kids in the same room and we'll have a little privacy.

Maybe insides get assigned earlier because they're not being bid on?

• 3 weeks later...

We booked oceanview balcony guaranty on Symphony for 10-5-19 sailing on 9-12-19 and up to today did not have assignment yet.  We were getting antsy.  TA got a call from RCCL today asking if we would take a Boardwalk balcony.  They offered to refund 50% of our Cruise fare and a $500.00 onboard credit.  Anyone ever hear of this before. We ended up taking deal.

• Like 1