Printing our own documents - uses lots of ink

TxSandMom

53 minutes ago, TxSandMom said:

Printing in black and white still uses a boatload of ink... it's not the color per se, it's the ink.

Going to Staples is a great idea, though!!  How much did that cost?

It probably costs more than the black ink that you may already own.

Edited by Lottacruises
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TxSandMom said:

The documents that we have to print (luggage tags, boarding passes) are so ink-heavy (blocks of color, etc.)!  Is there a better way?

Have your boarding pass on your phone. You don't have to print them. The only luggage tags you will need are for checked bags and black and white are fine. Staples is going to cost you 11 cents a page minimum and that is after you drive there. 😐

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bookbug53 said:

Have your boarding pass on your phone. You don't have to print them. The only luggage tags you will need are for checked bags and black and white are fine. Staples is going to cost you 11 cents a page minimum and that is after you drive there. 😐

That uses so much battery life though. There has to be a better way...

• Haha 9

Just print your boarding passes.  Screenshot anything you've prepurchased so you have record of it if you don't buy internet on the ship.  And don't worry about the boarding passes- the porters have blank passes and can just write your cabin number on. 

4 minutes ago, tigereye said:

Bookbug53, I'm happy to see that one person was intelligent enough to provide an answer to the original question!

But that answer involved printing and does not solve the OPs too much ink dilemma. A better solution and more intelligence is needed here.

• Haha 1

I didn't' realize you could have your boarding pass on your phone.  So do that, use the porter's luggage tags, screenshot anything else you would normally print, and enjoy.  Just make sure your phone is charged before you go to check in :-) 

I'll say this though - they do NOT yet have an electronic boarding pass (like Apple Wallet) for your boarding pass.

The luggage tags? It's just one paper per bag. Color is good though as the decks, port/starboard, etc. all have color codings that help the crew handling bags rapidly identify where you're going. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lottacruises said:

But that answer involved printing and does not solve the OPs too much ink dilemma. A better solution and more intelligence is needed here.

The OP could redesign all Carnival's boarding documents to be less ink-intensive when printed.  I'm sure Carnival would be very grateful.

• Like 1

Sounds like you need to switch from an inkjet printer to a printer that uses toner. A long time ago I had one of those inkjet printers that I had to spend like $20 for a little think of black ink for it. Plus the cost of color. I switched to toner and I spend about $20 a year now. We don't print anything in color, as we have no need to. 

• Thanks 1

Many of the comments here are completely uncalled for. Instead of skipping the thread because you have absolutely nothing to add to it, some of you choose to repeatedly insult the OP for her question and for how she chooses to manage her own money. None of you have the right to tell someone how they should spend, or save, money.

Edited by Organized Chaos
  • Like 5