No Cuba? Let’s Make A Deal

Apologies to those of you who booked a cruise specifically for Cuba only to be disappointed by the recent turn of events but yay for us.  Booked another cruise for this year  which was not even on our radar but when I saw the prices I could not resist, Majesty ocean view room for 2 under $900.  5 nights  to Key West and CocoCay and honestly just looking for a chill getaway before the madness of the holidays (don’t get me started).  Flying out of Michigan so completely happy that airfare is reasonable as well, helps that we are finally able to use some of our Delta miles.  The best part is that it’s completely unexpected and totally loving the countdown.  This will be our first time on Majesty, first time without balcony (don’t care),  Excited about CocoCay for sure  and looking forward to Key West after several years, guess I should start Christmas shopping now so I don’t stress about it while on the cruise......

Need that drink package.  

Edited by Ukigirl

11 minutes ago, Ukigirl said:

Apologies to those of you who booked a cruise specifically for Cuba only to be disappointed by the recent turn of events but yay for us.  Booked another cruise for this year  which was not even on our radar but when I saw the prices I could not resist, Majesty ocean view room for 2 under $900.  5 nights  to Key West and CocoCay and honestly just looking for a chill getaway before the madness of the holidays (don’t get me started).  Flying out of Michigan so completely happy that airfare is reasonable as well, helps that we are finally able to use some of our Delta miles.  The best part is that it’s completely unexpected and totally loving the countdown.  This will be our first time on Majesty, first time without balcony (don’t care),  Excited about CocoCay for sure  and looking forward to Key West after several years, guess I should start Christmas shopping now so I don’t stress about it while on the cruise......

Need that drink package.  

Date?

I'm both. My Empress Cuba cruise has been changed to an 8 night Eastern Caribbean cruise (boo!) but I am jumping on the Majesty this summer.  (yea!)  

We booked Majesty Havana/Cozumel for 7/3. Bummed that our itinerary has changed,  but the 50% fare is certainly softening the blow. While Cuba will remain on my bucket list, the girls trip is more important. 

This will be our first Royal cruise (have been on other cruise lines) and really wanted the Key West/Cuba itinerary.  The switch to Nassau isn't ideal, but with the 50% refund we were able to purchase the drink package so I guess that could be considered a WIN  🍹😝

Unfortunately, it's probably going to create a Royal mess.  The numbers of ships in ports of call will inevitably be greater.  We are sailing to Bermuda in a few weeks, and it's my concern rescheduling will be far reaching.  We chose the ship (Anthem) as our destination.  Wishing everyone smooth sailing.  🙂

Edited by evelyn51
Content

4 minutes ago, evelyn51 said:

Unfortunately, it's probably going to create a Royal mess.  The numbers of ships in ports of call will inevitably be greater.  We are sailing to Bermuda in a few weeks, and it's my concern rescheduling will be far reaching.  We chose the ship (Anthem) as our destination.  Wishing everyone smooth sailing.  🙂

None of the rescheduled itineraries includes Bermuda.  They are all Caribbean and Bahamas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrismch said:

Cruisers I know who visited Cuba were disappointed in their tours and options plus the high port fees, so seeing Cuba is nothing I'll miss. 

And everyone that *I* know who visited Cuba LOVED their visits.

8 hours ago, chrismch said:

Cruisers I know who visited Cuba were disappointed in their tours and options plus the high port fees, so seeing Cuba is nothing I'll miss. 

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

And everyone that *I* know who visited Cuba LOVED their visits.

We took the Empress to Cuba two years ago and absolutely loved it. We took a ship sponsored tour (which is unusual for us) but thought the tour was good and the value was good also.

We went back last year on a Majesty Cuba overnight and did a specialized private tour and again enjoyed the cruise very much

Those who booked Cuba cruises understood that the Cuba cruise was generally more money than other Caribbean cruises. Along with Merion  Mom, everyone that I spoke to loved the experience. 

I recently broke down and booked a re routed Majesty cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. Royal Caribbean made me an offer I  could not refuse. I have sailed majesty many times, and know what the ship has ( or doesn’t have) to offer.    Passengers  unfamiliar with Majesty/Empress who are booking the inexpensive re routed cruises  and expecting an Oasis type of experience, will be greatly disappointed. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1