Tender in Sydney

We are cruising to Tasmania in January Ex Brisbane, at our Sydney stop we are anchored at Athol Bay and tendered ashore. Can anyone tell me where do they tender us to. I have looked it up on maps and it is on the North of the harbour a long tender if you want to see the city.

1 hour ago, Savitore said:

We are cruising to Tasmania in January Ex Brisbane, at our Sydney stop we are anchored at Athol Bay and tendered ashore. Can anyone tell me where do they tender us to. I have looked it up on maps and it is on the North of the harbour a long tender if you want to see the city.

It’s had to tell but it’ll be near the opera house,circular quay and I have heard sometimes on the east side of the house there’s a landing 

Thanks all, we have been cruising in and out of Sydney since 1972 this is our first tender there. Our next time (October) we are at White Bay this looks to be another isolated spot especially since we have been excursioned out there, we were just going to do our own thing this time.

Edited by Savitore
Spelling

38 minutes ago, Savitore said:

Thanks all, we have been cruising in and out of Sydney since 1972 this is our first tender there. Our next time (October) we are at White Bay this looks to be another isolated spot especially since we have been excursioned out there, we were just going to do our own thing this time.

Yeah White Elephant, oops Bay, is in the back of nowhere and many ships can’t get to it, no idea why it was put there in the first place.

1 hour ago, Savitore said:

If you get the train to Wynyard station, it is a 5 minutes walk to Kings Wharf, there is a Captain Cook Ferry for $9 pp to White bay around every half hour on embarkation days.

12 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Shouldn't be a long tender at all... about 5 minutes.

Tis the loading and unloading of up to 150 pax on the tenders that takes the time, as we know.

15 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Very handy for the Opera house and the Botanical Gardens

Bit of a walk for the 'old folk' though from ye olde Man O' War Steps through to the ferries etc.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Bit of a walk for the 'old folk' though from ye olde Man O' War Steps through to the ferries etc.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Wouldn’t be much further than the OPT would it?

Agreed, perhaps another 50m depending on which ferry you wanted to take.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Tis the loading and unloading of up to 150 pax on the tenders that takes the time, as we know.

Yep, although I doubt they ever put that many on for tendering, it still takes 10mins to load and unload.

6 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Yep, although I doubt they ever put that many on for tendering, it still takes 10mins to load and unload.

From memory on the side of the tenders 'Capacity - Life boat 150 pax...Tender 100 pax.   So if it is abandon ship you are really jammed in, certainly no room for a game of Trivia, lol.

Some of the cruise lines/ships no longer permit pax to sit up top on the tenders. On Noordam recently the stairs to top of tender were roped off.  Princess may still permit topside access.  I prefer to sit topside with the breeze in my hair.

Edited by NSWP

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

From memory on the side of the tenders 'Capacity - Life boat 150 pax...Tender 100 pax.   So if it is abandon ship you are really jammed in, certainly no room for a game of Trivia, lol.

Some of the cruise lines/ships no longer permit pax to sit up top on the tenders. On Noordam recently the stairs to top of tender were roped off.  Princess may still permit topside access.  I prefer to sit topside with the breeze in my hair.

Especially on a warm day.

3 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Yeah White Elephant, oops Bay, is in the back of nowhere and many ships can’t get to it, no idea why it was put there in the first place.

Just a replacement for the previous wharf, which also had a similar limitation so was viewed as a suitable replacement.

Also back then the lines were confident the largest ships like Oasis would not be visiting here.

20 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I prefer inside. Quick to get on and off. ;-)

6 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

Agreed. But that's not affected by location, which seemed to be what the concern was.

Could be worse they could tender into Manly Wharf then a ferry to Circular Quay, now that would be a long journey.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Maybe twister would be more appropriate 😉