Cruise Critic Community
Crusin Hogs

Vista 3 cruises cancelled !

On 6/20/2019 at 12:31 PM, waterwatcher said:

They are also offering besides the full refund, a 100% off next cruise if booked before 12/2020.  Free cruise! Can't beat that!

On 6/21/2019 at 7:48 AM, RandomUser123 said:

Wow full refund and a free future cruise, not bad. 

The offer of a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is not the same thing as a 100% discount off of a future cruise.

Example: If your are booked on one of the cancelled cruises and you paid $699 per person for your cabin, your FCC is $699pp.... If you book your future cruise and the price of your cabin is $899 per person, the the future cruise will cost you an additional $200 per person.

Only if the future cruise is booked at a price of $699 per person or less will it be a free cruise.

21 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Not sure whether I am amused or bemused, but Carnival's reaction and offers to the affected cruisers on the Vista was far better than what happened to the cruisers who were booked on cruises to Cuba - especially when you compare to what other cruise lines offered as compensation.  Yeah, a lot more folks affected by the Cuba thing, over time, than the Vista changes and cancellations, but the inconsistency may stick is some people's throat a bit...

But the Cuba cancellations are NOT cruise lines fault.  You know who canceled all trips to Cuba!

Posted (edited)

I actually encountered the Vista in port at Cozumel this past week while sailing on the Conquest. The people were telling me they were stuck at sea 5 days before reaching land and had been able to only briefly stop at 2 ports. I felt bad for them! When we left port at Cozumel they all waved to us and were cheering for our ship (and working engines) haha. The craziest thing was I was out on deck watching us pull away and some passenger from the Vista actually tried to get the officers to let him on our ship instead out of port.

Edited by Wolfsrule

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AdGuyMG said:

The offer of a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is not the same thing as a 100% discount off of a future cruise.

Example: If your are booked on one of the cancelled cruises and you paid $699 per person for your cabin, your FCC is $699pp.... If you book your future cruise and the price of your cabin is $899 per person, the the future cruise will cost you an additional $200 per person.

Only if the future cruise is booked at a price of $699 per person or less will it be a free cruise.

That is still a great deal.  Even considering the inconveniences.  We were on the Splendor when it lost an engine.  We were offered a 50% off future cruise.  We ended up booking a 15 day Hawaii for 1/2 price- they honored it.  Best cruise ever.

We are booked on the Vista for late Sept 2019.  Hope all gets corrected by then.

Edited by Banditswife

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wolfsrule said:

I actually encountered the Vista in port at Cozumel this past week while sailing on the Conquest. The people were telling me they were stuck at sea 5 days before reaching land and had been able to only briefly stop at 2 ports.

This makes no sense.

The alternative itinerary was posted as:

• Sat, June 15: Galveston, Texas (Departure at 4:00 PM)
  • Sun, June 16: Fun Day at Sea
  • Mon, June 17: Fun Day at Sea
  • Tues, June 18: Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan (10:00 am – 6:00 PM)
  • Wed, June 19: Costa Maya, Mexico (8:00 AM- 5:00 PM)
  • Thu, June 20: Cozumel, Mexico (7:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
  • Fri, June 21: Last Sea Day
  • Sat, June 22: Galveston, Texas (Arrival at 7:30 AM)
  •  

You encountered them on their day 5 in Cozumel.... I wonder how they could have been stuck at sea for 5 days before reaching land PLUS visited 2 ports... 5 stuck at sea days + 2  port stops = 7 days.

I wonder how they could have reported this on their day 5.

Edited by AdGuyMG

According to a ship tracking site, the Vista was in Costa Maya from 8:30am to 7pm on Wednesday and from about 7am to 7pm Thursday.  It was running at about 14 knots yesterday, but has recently slowed to 9 knots as it approaches Galveston.  Expected to arrive in Galveston about 4:15am tomorrow.

4 hours ago, AdGuyMG said:

This makes no sense.

The alternative itinerary was posted as:

• Sat, June 15: Galveston, Texas (Departure at 4:00 PM)
  • Sun, June 16: Fun Day at Sea
  • Mon, June 17: Fun Day at Sea
  • Tues, June 18: Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan (10:00 am – 6:00 PM)
  • Wed, June 19: Costa Maya, Mexico (8:00 AM- 5:00 PM)
  • Thu, June 20: Cozumel, Mexico (7:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
  • Fri, June 21: Last Sea Day
  • Sat, June 22: Galveston, Texas (Arrival at 7:30 AM)
  •  

You encountered them on their day 5 in Cozumel.... I wonder how they could have been stuck at sea for 5 days before reaching land PLUS visited 2 ports... 5 stuck at sea days + 2  port stops = 7 days.

I wonder how they could have reported this on their day 5.

Well I was just getting second hand info from a passenger sitting with us at a dolphin excursion in Cozumel. I wasn’t actually on the ship myself.