Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
teachermandoug

Club Orange on Zuiderdam?

I don't think it was on our TA cruise in April/May.  The "America's Test Kitchen" was in the lounge that was BB King's at night.  There is not a dedicated space for ATK on Zuiderdam, which is the space they use on Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam for CO meals.

Posted (edited)

I believe that Club Orange is currently only available on the Nieuw Statendam and Koningsdam as they are the only 2 ships with a space that can be dedicated to it.  All others share the Queen's Lounge with ATK and BB Kings and other programs.  NS and K'dam have the dining area just forward of the MDR starboard side on deck 2 that is dedicated to Club Orange.

Edited by 0bnxshs

9 hours ago, teachermandoug said:

As Club Orange rolls out, does anyone know if it’s on Zuiderdam yet?

This PDF from HAL lists all the dining and entertainment venues per ship. As advised in this thread, only Pinnacle class ships have Club Orange dining.

HAL Ships at a Glance Chart

12 hours ago, Cruise4food said:

This PDF from HAL lists all the dining and entertainment venues per ship. As advised in this thread, only Pinnacle class ships have Club Orange dining.

HAL Ships at a Glance Chart

It has been reported that Club Orange has now been rolled out to at least one of the Vista-class ships... the Oosterdam.  It will be interesting to hear how it is handled.

45 minutes ago, davy jones said:

Is it for all meals?

No - for breakfast and dinner to the best of my knowledge.

3 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

It has been reported that Club Orange has now been rolled out to at least one of the Vista-class ships... the Oosterdam.  It will be interesting to hear how it is handled.

The HAL website can have old data, as we saw with the recent removal of self-service laundries. I just made a Zuiderdam booking for Dec, so if Club Orange appears as an option then we will know. 

It is breakfast and dinner only and the HAL news release states that on ships other than the two newest, a portion of the main dining room will be set aside for CO guests. There is no mention of any strutural seperation, so there probably won't be any change in the ship's layout PDF. If they are consistent, Pinnacle Grill will closed to Suite guests for breakfast. 

4 hours ago, Cruise4food said:

The HAL website can have old data, as we saw with the recent removal of self-service laundries. I just made a Zuiderdam booking for Dec, so if Club Orange appears as an option then we will know. 

Zuiderdam is due for drydock in December.  Not sure if that will have an impact or not.

If it’s going to have Club Orange, then I see little benefit to the Neptune Suite other than the real estate 😞   Especially if breakfast  is going to be in the MDR instead of the PG.

One of the things I did enjoy was the relaxing breakfast in the PG.  

Leaving today for Rome (Civitavecchia) sailing on the Koningsdam June 24.  Yesterday we received an ‘offer’ for Club Orange, cost was $35 per person per day and no, not interested in taking them up on what I see as a money grab.  At nearly $1000 more for our cruise I don’t see the benefit of it, we have the cabin we originally booked and selected, drink package included so No.  

37 minutes ago, janetjulie said:

Any updates on Club Orange on Zuiderdam?

I am on the Zuiderdam next week and was offered Club Orange for that sailing. 

39 minutes ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

I am on the Zuiderdam next week and was offered Club Orange for that sailing. 

Good to know.  Thanks 🙂

Please let us know if you observe anything you can share with us regarding CO.  (Ie, separate area in dining room / interspersed among other passengers, special line up in embarkation port).  thanks so much if you don’t mind 😄 

2 hours ago, mamaofami said:

I'm on Zuiderdam now and will check it out. .

Could you check and confirm if it's in Open Seating as on some of the other Ships?  Thank you!

2 hours ago, mamaofami said:

I'm on Zuiderdam now and will check it out. .

Thanks kindly 😄