Carnival share holder and OBC

The SHAREHOLDER Benefit of OBC is a wonderful gifting from the Parent Firm CCL :NYSE LSE CUK :NYSE to Shareholders who hold a min of Only 100 Shares and Cruise on any of the Multiple Lines ships owned.

The next cruise I booked and Paid in Full is Monday coming and had to FAX five times..

Land Mail may be the best method to send but keep yopur records and reciepts as those Faxes the people in Miami , Fl. said "they never got it"!

RCL :NYSE has a similar gifting but is one sweet pain in the Iceicle getting that shown in the 10K too.

They said from a few RCL people  "Oh Dr. you paid too little" but i did not use the Mil., AAA, etc..etc.. discounts..

As a shareholder your owed that Shareholder Benefit if you have the minumum common shares and provide the Proof of Ownership, Sailing DATA etc..

The FTC and SEC should be made aware!!IMHO.

1 hour ago, jdolsen1 said:

How do you go about redeeming this offer? 

I have always snail mailed my info to the address on the benefit info page (http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit) and have never had a problem. It takes a couple weeks but they email me when it's been processed and it shows up on my booking online.

2 hours ago, N7786W Flyer said:

Agree.  CCL stock is down a whopping 7.65% today.

Did you purchase to make a profit or for the OBC? It will drop and go back up. I purchased for the OBC. We get it 3-4 times a year. Plus the vets $100 on Princess. Just got the $50.00 for the dividend. I'm very happy with it.

4 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Did you purchase to make a profit or for the OBC? It will drop and go back up. I purchased for the OBC. We get it 3-4 times a year. Plus the vets $100 on Princess. Just got the $50.00 for the dividend. I'm very happy with it.

Hopefully both, but you misunderstand my post...my previous comment was not about profit/loss.  It was it being a good time to buy the 100 shares since the price of the stock is down.  

Bottom line, lower stock price equals smaller investment to get the same amount of stockholder's benefits.

Garnett

• Like 3

13 hours ago, N7786W Flyer said:

Hopefully both, but you misunderstand my post...my previous comment was not about profit/loss.  It was it being a good time to buy the 100 shares since the price of the stock is down.  

Bottom line, lower stock price equals smaller investment to get the same amount of stockholder's benefits.

Garnett

...and if the buying opportunity wasn't good enough for you yesterday, CCL stock is showing a further 4.5% decline in pre-market trading this morning.

Garnett

4 minutes ago, N7786W Flyer said:

...and if the buying opportunity wasn't good enough for you yesterday, CCL stock is showing a further 4.5% decline in pre-market trading this morning.

Garnett

I have a couple hundred shares. I may add to it this morning. 

18 hours ago, jdolsen1 said:

How do you go about redeeming this offer? 

guestadmin@carnival.com

Include sailing date, booking number, your name, ship's name and proof of ownership of the stock. We get that from our investment manager. Do this within 3 weeks of sailing.

I always email and receive confirmation of application within 2-5 days.

43 minutes ago, Chrystine5 said:

What’s the best way to buy the stock? E-trade? A brick and mortar stock broker?

Any brick and mortar needs money from you to pay for the building and salaries, thats why fewer and fewer exist.

Yes, Etrade, or any of the other online portals, or you can hold it within an IRA or 401(k) if you have one that allows flexible allotments. 

Robinhood is great, zero ZERO cost per trade. 

I think its a great longterm play, but I must also say the OBC has been great.....if it hasnt already covered my initial 100 share purchase back in the day it has come very close. Nice perk. 

Edited by elcuchio24

Contemplating to buy the 100 shares but getting a little apprehensive as I noticed the sharp dip in the past few days.  Carnival Q2 earning report is pretty good so something else must be causing it.  

Please enlighten me.  😅

Edited by Cruising Latitude

24 minutes ago, Cruising Latitude said:

Contemplating to buy the 100 shares but getting a little apprehensive as I noticed the sharp dip in the past few days.  Carnival Q2 earning report is pretty good so something else must be causing it.  

Please enlighten me.  😅

However, the company’s outlook for the third quarter was below expectations, and for the full year, Carnival lowered its guidance. It now expects to earn $4.25 to $4.35 a share for the year, down from $4.35 to $4.55 previously and below the $4.54 analysts are predicting. The company also warned the government’s sudden ban on Cuba dockings is hurting near-term revenue yields.

• Thanks 1

How long is the "open window" to apply for the on board credit before your cruise? We've cruised with most Carnival Corporation cruise lines and have owned CC stock for 7+ years but can never really know when is the earliest we can submit the owner's stock info. A person could buy the stock, apply for credit with CC and then sell the stock before their cruise if the open window was too far out.

BTW, I do believe one of the reasons for the lowered stock price was because of the law suit against Carnival Corp. for the garbage dumping claim against Princess a couple years back. They lost the suit earlier this year. I haven't paid close attention to it so my timing might be off a bit.