Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
mcoler181

English Pubs

All the menus I have seen list 26 different beers available in the various English pubs aboard the various ships.

Are all these beers regularly available?

Posted (edited)

They may vary between ships and availability.  Sometimes they are out or have stopped carrying a particular beer.

Best to look at the menu from the ship you want to take and try to get a copy of the latest menu.

Adding:  I wouldn't trust that some of the less popular foreign options are fresh, especially if in clear bottles.  Could have been rattling around in the storeroom for a few months.

Edited by crewsweeper

I just posted on another similar thread here that you may have already seen.

My advice is to make friends with the pub bartender(s), ask if they have any limited stock or unlisted/unique beers, give a cash tip, and ask the bartender to let you know if they get any new stock on beers during the rest of the cruise.

The rest of the beers on menu are mostly mass produced beers and some large production scale (I hate to use the word "Craft") Beers.  But I still manage to find many that I like.  Just don't expect the 90+ points craft beers you can find at a Beer tasting event, but you might get lucky.  We found some Dogfish Head 90min IPA on Anthem till they ran out 😉

dp

1 hour ago, mcoler181 said:

All the menus I have seen list 26 different beers available in the various English pubs aboard the various ships.

Are all these beers regularly available?

Mostly yes, but they have ran out sometimes on occasion.  They also change things sometimes, so the menu you see, might not be the same.  They can print menu's on the ship.  Sometimes they have other beers not on any menu, but they just show up.

Posted (edited)

Thanks everyone, i'll try my best to work my way through them.

Edited by mcoler181

We had instances where they were out on boarding day, and had to wait until it was replenished at the first port stop.

Our fav thing to do on the last day of every cruise is to sit on the Promenade while the kids are in camp, and drink every beer on the list.   By this time we have gained about 8 pounds and we wear our comfy clothes, and try them all.   It has become a tradition:)