Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
purplecow15

free/reduced airfare

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, NRWPA said:

As of Friday, I can no longer access my edocs either. Glad I accessed them a couple of weeks ago

How soon is your cruise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, JenTX4NYC said:

How soon is your cruise?

Not until Sept 12 so I'm not worried. But I was able to look at the edocs prior for some reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JenTX4NYC said:

I’ve got eDocs with no flight info... just a transfer voucher that doesn’t state a time or anything.... I’m under the 70-day Mark now so I hope we get the flight info soon....

That's what we had prior to air information round 1 showed. We now see air #2, so we just wait for #3 and so on until ticketed. We are under 70 days now so we have a plan soon enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My eDocs are now not available... guessing/hoping it's due to the flights getting booked.... how long were your eDocs not available when your flights where coming through?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to book today and they have our free air getting us back to home airport after midnight, then we would have a two hour drive home......so 2 a.m. Monday morning.  So, the wife and i go to work at 8 and the kids to elementary school at 7......  Hope they can change to earlier flights or no booking for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are travelling with another couple and driving to the airport ( 3 hours) if border crossing into US is good. We booked everything together and they are flying out at 9.00 am and my wife and I and 3.00 PM . We paid extra to travel 2 days early but the first day is a write off because by the time we get to the hotel it will be midnight and I am not walking around the French Quarter in New Orleans then. The fights home are the same deal they get to Detroit at 6PM and we land at 10.00PM. Spent 2 hours on hold and then they tell me it is what it is and cannot be changed. I thinking about cancelling the whole cruise and hotels and I booked and go to Florida. I also sail out of Florida and booked my own flights which are cheap. I was enticed with the so called free flights but am pissed at their customer service already and I haven't sailed yet. Never sailed NCL before but have sailed HAL 9 times and Celebrity twice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also have a tale of woe.  First of all this is my second "reduced air" booking - first was excellent - non-stop from B'ham to Miami and back via American.  This trip to Alaska for a cost of $599 to Seward and back from Vancouver to AL is a nightmare.  Our trip there is via Denver and I only know this because it shows an itinerary on my summary - can't print edocs and no flight info times or airline info!  But flight home shows Vancouver to Toronto to Atlanta to Birmingham - no clue when we leave Vancouver but we get home the next day no telling when.  I was told to email and request a deviation which is what I did as calling them was useless.  I might wind up flying home on my own.  Was also told they don't do United!  I know they don't do Southwest.  Bummer.  Good luck to everyone who posted.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Booked today.  Used the Free/Reduced airfare.  Was able to get free for 1st 2 people and 3rd at a better price than I could find.  Don't have to flight information yet.  Doesn't include baggage fees but then again I don't know which airline.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ddlb said:

I also have a tale of woe.  First of all this is my second "reduced air" booking - first was excellent - non-stop from B'ham to Miami and back via American.  This trip to Alaska for a cost of $599 to Seward and back from Vancouver to AL is a nightmare.  Our trip there is via Denver and I only know this because it shows an itinerary on my summary - can't print edocs and no flight info times or airline info!  But flight home shows Vancouver to Toronto to Atlanta to Birmingham - no clue when we leave Vancouver but we get home the next day no telling when.  I was told to email and request a deviation which is what I did as calling them was useless.  I might wind up flying home on my own.  Was also told they don't do United!  I know they don't do Southwest.  Bummer.  Good luck to everyone who posted.  

Chances are that flight plan is a system error like mine. Just sit tight, nothing matters until ticketed. Our Toronto trip changed a week later, just as the NCL said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently on hold now with NCL air department, time spent?, 47 minutes and counting still no answer.  Listening to  NCL ads on a recorded loop and the messages about "we'll be back soon", "we are sorry to delay your call ', "your call is very important to us" and a thank you message from the CEO that for a second makes you think someone is about to take your call.  I'm working while phone is on speaker,  so i'll just keep listening while i'm working.  What a joke NCL Air is!  

 

For those that want to play along, I'll post again when someone answers phone.  Let's see just how long it takes, but i do have a meeting in an hour!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Alatraveler1 said:

Currently on hold now with NCL air department, time spent?, 47 minutes and counting still no answer.  Listening to  NCL ads on a recorded loop and the messages about "we'll be back soon", "we are sorry to delay your call ', "your call is very important to us" and a thank you message from the CEO that for a second makes you think someone is about to take your call.  I'm working while phone is on speaker,  so i'll just keep listening while i'm working.  What a joke NCL Air is!  

 

For those that want to play along, I'll post again when someone answers phone.  Let's see just how long it takes, but i do have a meeting in an hour!

 Now on hold for one hour and 7 minutes,  beginning to believe there isn't an actual department or NCL employee working air reservations.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To add to this topic....10 days ago I waited on hold with Air for almost 2 hours only to be told that my air was scheduled to be ticketed on June 24.  Yesterday, (25th), I called again to find out.  Waited on hold 1 hour and 47 minutes.   (Heard repeatedly that my call was important to them so I didn’t hang up).   Woman checks and basically says, ‘Oops!  You’re 38 days out and your reservation never made it to our flight system during the ‘migration’ so flights haven’t been ticketed.   Hold, please.”     After another 15 minutes she comes back and says we are now ticketed and it’s a good thing I called.   WOW!   First cruise with NCL so not a great start.   Flights are ok.  Houston to London on United, landing at 7:30 am on cruise day.   Flying home from Stockholm on Scandinavian Air via Newark (ew) but that’s fine.   Even had our seat assignments with the 3 of us together.   I just think that 38 days out was cutting it too close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Alatraveler1 said:

 Now on hold for one hour and 7 minutes,  beginning to believe there isn't an actual department or NCL employee working air reservations.....

 

NOW ON HOLD FOR OVER 90 MINUTES.   We made it past an hour and a half and no answer, still on hold.  I have a meeting in about 20 minutes and if no NCL staff picks up  I'll have to quit listening for an answer.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Alatraveler1 said:

 

NOW ON HOLD FOR OVER 90 MINUTES.   We made it past an hour and a half and no answer, still on hold.  I have a meeting in about 20 minutes and if no NCL staff picks up  I'll have to quit listening for an answer.  

 

ON HOLD FOR OVER TWO HOURS until I had to hang up and go to a meeting.  During the two hours, I received emails notifying me of shore excursions I could book, reminder to come back and book another booking I was looking at, and an email about the promotion I'm currently using (free airfare) being extended.  How about JUST HAVE SOMEONE ANSWER THE PHONE?  Longest I've ever been on hold for anything with any entity, public or private.  Inexcusable from a customer service standpoint.  I beg of those reading this, think twice about using the free or reduced air promotion, save the gambling for the casino when you get on board.

 

Unless the flights change, my wife and I will be going to work after 4 hours sleep.  Ok, not the end of the world, the kids however going to school after the all night "free" flight ordeal will not be as easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's an old saying..."you get what you pay for". There's another saying, "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."

Seems like both sayings apply to NCL "Free/Reduced Air"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alatraveler1 said:

 

ON HOLD FOR OVER TWO HOURS until I had to hang up and go to a meeting.  During the two hours, I received emails notifying me of shore excursions I could book, reminder to come back and book another booking I was looking at, and an email about the promotion I'm currently using (free airfare) being extended.  How about JUST HAVE SOMEONE ANSWER THE PHONE?  Longest I've ever been on hold for anything with any entity, public or private.  Inexcusable from a customer service standpoint.  I beg of those reading this, think twice about using the free or reduced air promotion, save the gambling for the casino when you get on board.

 

Unless the flights change, my wife and I will be going to work after 4 hours sleep.  Ok, not the end of the world, the kids however going to school after the all night "free" flight ordeal will not be as easy.

let us know how everything turns out Alatraveler.  I'm having the same situation as you, but my cruise isn't until December.  I was going to call them to see if they could change it, but after reading your horror story i'm going to wait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

There's an old saying..."you get what you pay for". There's another saying, "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."

Seems like both sayings apply to NCL "Free/Reduced Air"...

I paid $399 for NCL arranged flights from EWR to BCN, most likely with one connection. I will get that, I may or may not get flight times or airlines I would have chosen, but I signed up for that deal so no worries over here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

There's an old saying..."you get what you pay for". There's another saying, "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."

Seems like both sayings apply to NCL "Free/Reduced Air"...

 

Totally agree, and those are two of my favorite sayings along with "Treat your customers right or they'll soon be someone else's."  The air is technically "free" but the tipping point in booking at all was the "free" airfare and other perks offered by someone recruiting me as a customer.  Actually the only way this was chosen as a vacation option is because the offer put it within the allowed budget.  We could have chosen another option without the worry and hassle of midnight flights and potential extra wasted vacation days.  As it is, it's like we agreed to eat at a buffet for a set price and paid upfront in good faith, only to find out when showing up for dinner that it didn't open until midnight and the offerings were subpar.  And in addition, we weren't allowed to know this information until we had paid up front and then it was non-refundable.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2019 at 3:12 PM, Alatraveler1 said:

Trying to book today and they have our free air getting us back to home airport after midnight, then we would have a two hour drive home......so 2 a.m. Monday morning.  So, the wife and i go to work at 8 and the kids to elementary school at 7......  Hope they can change to earlier flights or no booking for us. 

So according to you your flights were a problem before you booked. Yet you booked any way, hmmm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Nola26 said:

I paid $399 for NCL arranged flights from EWR to BCN, most likely with one connection. I will get that, I may or may not get flight times or airlines I would have chosen, but I signed up for that deal so no worries over here.

we completely agree. We even realize we may have a connection that gets us to the airport too late to drive home (2 hours) if so we will spend the extra $125 for our hotel and still be far better off. As for the wait time on line, according to my TA it is a *****. Thank God she is the one who has to deal with them. BTW she told me yesterday, though NCL is the worst all the travel industry seems to be suffering from the same problems right now: long wait on the phone for anything and system problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My eDocs have been gone for a few days now.... I tried calling, sat on hold for a while, and then I was rudely told its because my flight has not been ticketed and I shouldnt have been able to see my eDocs before but that it will be ticketed about 40-45 days before my cruise... so now I have to wait another few weeks I guess... but either way, there was no need to be rude!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, JenTX4NYC said:

My eDocs have been gone for a few days now.... I tried calling, sat on hold for a while, and then I was rudely told its because my flight has not been ticketed and I shouldnt have been able to see my eDocs before but that it will be ticketed about 40-45 days before my cruise... so now I have to wait another few weeks I guess... but either way, there was no need to be rude!

No need to be rude. Welcome to the edocs waiting room, there are lots of us here. Take a seat, have some snacks and grab the beverage of your choice. We will be here a while, I am 68 days out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm 66 days out.... I really hope the flights don't totally stink... we certainly took a risk in doing this instead of just booking our own flights... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if this will help anyone but I was told regarding my itinerary summary - no airline or flight numbers - no edocs - to send a "deviation" request to premiumair@ncl.com and reference your reservation # and they will respond in 48 hours - so far they have not.  My problem as mentioned earlier was a flight back showing Vancouver to Toronto to Atlanta to Birmingham getting back the next day.

 

I must say, however, when I used reduced air from B'ham to Miami and back it was a direct flight and I saved a lot of money! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ddlb said:

I don't know if this will help anyone but I was told regarding my itinerary summary - no airline or flight numbers - no edocs - to send a "deviation" request to premiumair@ncl.com and reference your reservation # and they will respond in 48 hours - so far they have not.  My problem as mentioned earlier was a flight back showing Vancouver to Toronto to Atlanta to Birmingham getting back the next day.

 

I must say, however, when I used reduced air from B'ham to Miami and back it was a direct flight and I saved a lot of money! 

A week ago we also had flights through Toronto and Montreal. I was told it was a glitch from the system change. Flights changed as predicted. Our air arrangements now show through London to Barcelona, but I won't get to excited until we are actually booked on flights. It will either be a fist pump or foot stomp, but either way we are going to Barcelona. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...