Jump to content

Special occasion for Azamara?


Werangels
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Werangels said:

Looking at the schedule for 2020, there are two days when all three ships moor in the same ports; Venice and Koper.  

 

Does anyone know if there will be something special happening?

 

Thanks.

Somewhere I heard something about a joint Azamazing Evening in Koper, but maybe I dreamt it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Werangels said:

Looking at the schedule for 2020, there are two days when all three ships moor in the same ports; Venice and Koper.  

 

Does anyone know if there will be something special happening?

 

Thanks.

Yes there’s an AzAmazing Evening planned for all three ships in Koper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Yes there’s an AzAmazing Evening planned for all three ships in Koper.

reason why I booked was for this night. I think two ships have done it but never three. If correct i tihnk it is outdorrs in a roped off  area. You will get to see crew from all three ships there. As far as getting on the other ships to visit  not sure how it can be done. Think that an invite and name  has to be on a list. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Werangels said:

Looking at the schedule for 2020, there are two days when all three ships moor in the same ports; Venice and Koper.  

 

Does anyone know if there will be something special happening?

 

Thanks.

I know there was a high level meeting of officers from all the ships (hotel team, Cruise Director etc) held in Venice recently to, amongst other things, discuss the meeting of the three ships and organisation of the Azamazing Evening in Koper.  Hopefully there will also be a joint sail in of the three ships in Venice and sail out the following day.  I’ve done a couple of “When sisters meet” and they are good fun.  Video below of when we met Quest a couple of years ago and did a tandem sail out of Barcelona.

 

 

 

Phil

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ellbon said:

reason why I booked was for this night. I think two ships have done it but never three. If correct i tihnk it is outdorrs in a roped off  area. You will get to see crew from all three ships there. As far as getting on the other ships to visit  not sure how it can be done. Think that an invite and name  has to be on a list. 

I was on Pursuit in May when we joined Journey in Livorno and guests between the ships were free to visit as they wished.  

 

Phil

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I was on Pursuit in May when we joined Journey in Livorno and guests between the ships were free to visit as they wished.  

 

Phil

But was it a good idea 😂😂😜😜

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I know there was a high level meeting of officers from all the ships (hotel team, Cruise Director etc) held in Venice recently to, amongst other things, discuss the meeting of the three ships and organisation of the Azamazing Evening in Koper.  Hopefully there will also be a joint sail in of the three ships in Venice and sail out the following day.  I’ve done a couple of “When sisters meet” and they are good fun.  Video below of when we met Quest a couple of years ago and did a tandem sail out of Barcelona.

 

 

 

Phil

 

 

Thank you for that.  It must be quite an occasion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I was on Pursuit in May when we joined Journey in Livorno and guests between the ships were free to visit as they wished.  

 

Phil

I was not able to go back and forth a few years ago. Another guest told me she got you on her ship.with  a key card and knowing so many crew it would be nice.

i did know about that meeting, plenty of pictures  of all the fun they had.

This will be my time to check out some new ports and see some old faces.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Werangels said:

 

Thank you for that.  It must be quite an occasion.

Yes, it was such a nice day and evening.  The weather hadn’t been great all day, but literally the sun came out as the ships left Barcelona together.  I had friends who’d been onboard the previous cruise who did a helicopter ride the day they got off and took an amazing shot of us docked together.  

 

Phil

45AAEDE6-0577-41C0-8F6D-4928F0F245EC.jpeg

FE1F61DD-93B0-491A-9E34-B1D88ACA08DD.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, the "two sisters meet" in Barcelona was fabulous and I well remember the Battle of the Horns as we sailed out together. I think on that occasion Captain Carl and Quest were the winners! 

It was a lovely day with a guest from Journey bearing gifts of Champagne for us. 🥂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Yes, it was such a nice day and evening.  The weather hadn’t been great all day, but literally the sun came out as the ships left Barcelona together.  I had friends who’d been onboard the previous cruise who did a helicopter ride the day they got off and took an amazing shot of us docked together.  

 

Phil

45AAEDE6-0577-41C0-8F6D-4928F0F245EC.jpeg

FE1F61DD-93B0-491A-9E34-B1D88ACA08DD.jpeg

 

Fabulous.  Any ideas what the Koper Azamazing Evening might be?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

During Pursuit’ Maiden last August we met Journey in Haugesund, the two ships met outside the port and sailed in together docking bow to bow.

849BA777-F9DD-47A1-A26C-4D582AE1DCB1.thumb.jpeg.7306335a2c610bf2d1404be345c4865d.jpeg

 

Passengers were allowed to visit ship to ship on a time allocated basis, of course more wanted to visit Pursuit from Journey than the other way round.

As Haugesund was a maiden call for both ships there was a joint plaque ceremony on the quayside.

 

264AC041-BE0F-4C22-A255-2F471C7275C3.thumb.jpeg.02b402ac5664a6044dc4e7f0e1543613.jpeg

 

There was of course a joint sail away with deck parties and special (included) cocktails, of course the obligatory battle of the horns followed.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Riocca said:

During Pursuit’ Maiden last August we met Journey in Haugesund, the two ships met outside the port and sailed in together docking bow to bow.

849BA777-F9DD-47A1-A26C-4D582AE1DCB1.thumb.jpeg.7306335a2c610bf2d1404be345c4865d.jpeg

 

Passengers were allowed to visit ship to ship on a time allocated basis, of course more wanted to visit Pursuit from Journey than the other way round.

As Haugesund was a maiden call for both ships there was a joint plaque ceremony on the quayside.

 

264AC041-BE0F-4C22-A255-2F471C7275C3.thumb.jpeg.02b402ac5664a6044dc4e7f0e1543613.jpeg

 

There was of course a joint sail away with deck parties and special (included) cocktails, of course the obligatory battle of the horns followed.

 

Sounds like a lot of fun .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Lottie A said:

Yes, the "two sisters meet" in Barcelona was fabulous and I well remember the Battle of the Horns as we sailed out together. I think on that occasion Captain Carl and Quest were the winners! 

It was a lovely day with a guest from Journey bearing gifts of Champagne for us. 🥂

Well you know Carl has to be number one and others will just let him be! Lol. This was on Pursuit in May as we left Sorrento with Journey. Not sure who won the battle, but one of the ship horns was a bit flat🎶

 

 

Phil 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Well you know Carl has to be number one and others will just let him be! Lol. This was on Pursuit in May as we left Sorrento with Journey. Not sure who won the battle, but one of the ship horns was a bit flat🎶

 

 

Phil 

Yes, Captain Carl might just be ever so slightly competitive! 😂 He had us passengers chanting "Quest is best" at every opportunity on that day in Barcelona. 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Lottie A said:

Yes, Captain Carl might just be ever so slightly competitive! 😂 He had us passengers chanting "Quest is best" at every opportunity on that day in Barcelona. 

 

Which is something that Senior Management is positively discouraging it’s three ships one family  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's human nature to want your ship or your workplace to excel and be "the best". It was all done in good fun and the passengers onboard took it as such. 

 

We all have our favourite Captains, ships, CD's etc ....nothing wrong with that. 

Family members can still be competitive with each other yet also be loving and supportive as well. I know my family is...but still I do always want to beat them at Trivial Pursuit! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whilst I agree up to a point when it wasn't actually true it grated a lot and did a dis service to the whole brand.  Nothing to do with favourites, when we first heard it we were relatively new to the brand and it put us off a bit.  Here we were on a ship that was OK but had a few very rough edges and we have this chant saying this is the best in the brand.  We nearly did not try Journey, how wrong we would have been.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...