Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Seeleyhs17

Carnival sunrise. The worse ship ever

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

They really didn't change that much. I'm genuinely not quite sure why you think it's similar to a new ship.

 

By your logic, one would assume all of Epcot is full of brand new attractions with the new overlay in Test Track, new film in Soarin', change in story from Maelstrom versus Frozen Ever After and the new Earth sequence at Mission Space. I wouldn't even want to start the Journey into Your Imagination with Figment discussion.

 

They didn’t really change that much. Lol. They pretty much changed everything. You’re lost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Ship renderings, photos, and press releases are enough. I don't need to sail on the rust bucket to know it's just lipstick on a pig. I'm not sure why you think I haven't sailed on any Carnival ships before...

 

I knew you hadn’t  been on it. But you saw pictures! LOLOL. A real piece of work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RRLLAL said:

 

They didn’t really change that much. Lol. They pretty much changed everything. You’re lost. 

You’re delusional. They added a few new things and replaced public areas with staterooms- it’s really nothing special. 

 

I’m more excited about Royal’s Amped project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, RRLLAL said:

 

I knew you hadn’t  been on it. But you saw pictures! LOLOL. A real piece of work. 

Maybe one day but not now. I would prefer to get through my Carnival Liberty cruise first. Why would I want to sail on the Sunrise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

You’re delusional. They added a few new things and replaced public areas with staterooms- it’s really nothing special. 

 

I’m more excited about Royal’s Amped project.

 

People over there are grumbling about the extra cabins being added to Oasis.

 

Funny that you mention Epcot as a comparison. I am going to give that some thought, being a longtime fan and repeat visitor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

You’re delusional. They added a few new things and replaced public areas with staterooms- it’s really nothing special. 

 

I’m more excited about Royal’s Amped project.

 

Since you’re so big on pictures, a video should be to your liking. Go find the video I posted with most, not all, the changes. Then tell me again how all they did was add a few things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, RRLLAL said:

 

Since you’re so big on pictures, a video should be to your liking. Go find the video I posted with most, not all, the changes. Then tell me again how all they did was add a few things. 

I saw a video on YouTube which claimed to go over all the changes. I still think it’s not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

 

People over there are grumbling about the extra cabins being added to Oasis.

 

Funny that you mention Epcot as a comparison. I am going to give that some thought, being a longtime fan and repeat visitor.

At least Royal Caribbean has better guest logistics, passenger to space ratios, and guest flow to ease congestion. I don't foresee the extra staterooms being a problem on the Oasis as Royal Caribbean certainly excels at making their ships appear to be less crowded when compared to other lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 5:23 PM, N7786W Flyer said:

 

Awesome pictures.  Thanks for sharing.

 

Garnett

 

Agreed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 12:29 PM, xDisconnections said:

At least Royal Caribbean has better guest logistics, passenger to space ratios, and guest flow to ease congestion. I don't foresee the extra staterooms being a problem on the Oasis as Royal Caribbean certainly excels at making their ships appear to be less crowded when compared to other lines.

I agree, just got off the r/c  anthem and carries 4000 guests just like the sunrise but was nowhere as crowded as The sunrise...We were on the sunrise in June, poor planning by carnival , we are diamond on carnival and will most likely never go back on that ship or the radiance, which will be the same refurb as the sunrise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, luvsboozecruises said:

I agree, just got off the r/c  anthem and carries 4000 guests just like the sunrise but was nowhere as crowded as The sunrise...We were on the sunrise in June, poor planning by carnival , we are diamond on carnival and will most likely never go back on that ship or the radiance, which will be the same refurb as the sunrise

 

That is not correct. The AOS has a guest capacity that is 1200 more than the Sunrise and the AOS is 60% bigger in gross tonnage. Why would you compare the two? 

Edited by RRLLAL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RRLLAL said:

 

That is not correct. The AOS has a guest capacity that is 1200 more than the Sunshine and the AOS is 60% bigger in gross tonnage. Why would you compare the two? 

You are incorrect, The anthem's passenger capacity is 4180....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, luvsboozecruises said:

You are incorrect, The anthem's passenger capacity is 4180....

 

I never said what it was. I said it was 1200 MORE. AOS is 4180 like you say and the Sunrise is 2984. Difference is 1196. Tonnage is 167,800 vs 101,509. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, luvsboozecruises said:

I agree, just got off the r/c  anthem and carries 4000 guests just like the sunrise but was nowhere as crowded as The sunrise...We were on the sunrise in June, poor planning by carnival , we are diamond on carnival and will most likely never go back on that ship or the radiance, which will be the same refurb as the sunrise

 

I did the Anthem last summer and just got off the Sunrise.  We had a good time on both.  I thought the Anthem obviously felt more spacious, but outside of the buffet at peak times I never felt crowded on the Sunrise.   The layout is a little weird but it’s not anything major.  We got deck chairs fine, the kids never had a long wait on the watersides (Anthem doesn’t have them), and the thought the staff on the Sunrise was miles ahead.  The Anthem is newer, bigger, had more features...it’s hard to compare.  But the Sunrise was by far from the worst.  Good food, great staff, Great bands/piano bar.  We had a good time.

Edited by 1stTimeRoyal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 1stTimeRoyal said:

 

I did the Anthem last summer and just got off the Sunrise.  We had a good time on both.  I thought the Anthem obviously felt more spacious, but outside of the buffet at peak times I never felt crowded on the Sunrise.   The layout is a little weird but it’s not anything major.  We got deck chairs fine, the kids never had a long wait on the watersides (Anthem doesn’t have them), and the thought the staff on the Sunrise was miles ahead.  The Anthem is newer, bigger, had more features...it’s hard to compare.  But the Sunrise was by far from the worst.  Good food, great staff, Great bands/piano bar.  We had a good time.

All I am saying is I would not like to go on that ship or any refub of another ship that has the same setup. I have been on 35+ carnival Cruises and do not plan on staying away from them , we are booked for the Mardi gras next year for the 15 day trip in a Havana Cabana..My wife and I have been on the other cruise lines many times but carnival does the best for the all around experience. We have never been on a a bad cruise, but I didn't like the way they rebuild the sunrise, we had a great time, as usual.. I have a Post on Page 1 of this topic, please read it. Nobody parties like carnival...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, luvsboozecruises said:

All I am saying is I would not like to go on that ship or any refub of another ship that has the same setup. I have been on 35+ carnival Cruises and do not plan on staying away from them , we are booked for the Mardi gras next year for the 15 day trip in a Havana Cabana..My wife and I have been on the other cruise lines many times but carnival does the best for the all around experience. We have never been on a a bad cruise, but I didn't like the way they rebuild the sunrise, we had a great time, as usual.. I have a Post on Page 1 of this topic, please read it. Nobody parties like carnival...

I agree.  We too were on the Sunrise a few weeks back.  We had a great time yet way too crowded.  Reading this lengthy post and many like it about the Sunrise, many agree way too crowded.  For sure will not sail on these "add cabins" Carnival ships again.  I own CCL stock yet there are way too many better options at sea including Carnival ships that align to their design specs and not this debacle.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bjfitz0703 said:

I agree.  We too were on the Sunrise a few weeks back.  We had a great time yet way too crowded.  Reading this lengthy post and many like it about the Sunrise, many agree way too crowded.  For sure will not sail on these "add cabins" Carnival ships again.  I own CCL stock yet there are way too many better options at sea including Carnival ships that align to their design specs and not this debacle.  

Hopefully carnival gets the Mardi gras right so I don't have to talk about overcrowded ship's again by carnival !!! They have to fix the casino ventilation so I can go in and gamble,  I will say the anthem casino had almost no smoke smell at all..even NCL hasn't figured it out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, luvsboozecruises said:

Hopefully carnival gets the Mardi gras right so I don't have to talk about overcrowded ship's again by carnival !!! They have to fix the casino ventilation so I can go in and gamble,  I will say the anthem casino had almost no smoke smell at all..even NCL hasn't figured it out...

 

My wife thought the anthem was worse and had to sit on the far side of the bar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I, too, sailed the Sunrise a few weeks ago. And though I had a great time, I felt it was way overcrowded at times. Will avoid any future Carnival ships where they add a significant amount of cabins. Lines on the Lido deck were extremely long!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to be mixed reviews on this ship - The people who defend it I think were the planned, builders and are personal owners of the ship. They will defend anything bad or critical to their grave.

 

The ship has mixed reviews and weather you call it a redesign or refurb, a new ship or a rusted tin, some seem to think  Carnival may have missed their intended mark, which is okay to think and even write about. It seems like the ship may have some design flaws that don't move people in different areas to avoid crowding and the likes. Maybe before they do the same to the Victory they should rethink some of the issues and make that a bit better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

Seems to be mixed reviews on this ship - The people who defend it I think were the planned, builders and are personal owners of the ship. They will defend anything bad or critical to their grave.

 

LOL....or maybe they just have another opinion.  The antithesis is to say anyone with a negative view are bashers and have no knowledge at all about cruising and Carnival ships.

 

Trust me, while there may be a tweak or two done to the Radiance, Carnival believes they hit a home run on the Sunrise and are full guns on the next one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

 

LOL....or maybe they just have another opinion.  The antithesis is to say anyone with a negative view are bashers and have no knowledge at all about cruising and Carnival ships.

 

Trust me, while there may be a tweak or two done to the Radiance, Carnival believes they hit a home run on the Sunrise and are full guns on the next one.

 

 

Lets see what happens if and when they start doing this to the next class of ship - The designs of the Conquest class are prime for the same changes. They haven't sold this upgrade to everyone - but then again some people cannot be made happy.

 

I think if anyone who is all negative and trashing or is all positive and defensive about these critiques have the same level of annoyance to the people who just want to hear what people think and their experiences so they can either see for themselves or make a different decision. This ship is not for everyone as are most ships. That's why they say - whatever floats your boat!

 

Sometime people don't want home runs - small ball can be just as effective in a long game and it provides more action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stick93 said:

Seems to be mixed reviews on this ship - The people who defend it I think were the planned, builders and are personal owners of the ship. They will defend anything bad or critical to their grave.

 

The ship has mixed reviews and weather you call it a redesign or refurb, a new ship or a rusted tin, some seem to think  Carnival may have missed their intended mark, which is okay to think and even write about. It seems like the ship may have some design flaws that don't move people in different areas to avoid crowding and the likes. Maybe before they do the same to the Victory they should rethink some of the issues and make that a bit better.

 

 

 

I read all this same stuff with the Sunshine.  Maybe it was because we sailed in February, and the ship wasn't at max capacity, but it didn't feel crowded to us. We really enjoyed all the added areas, except for the Serenity area, which is what I had read so many good reviews on before we left.  Just goes to show, everyone's experience is different. 

 

Also, because of my experience on the Sunshine (we booked it because it was the cheapest cruise to the Southern Caribbean) and because of how much we enjoyed the added areas, we are now booked on 2 more Southern Caribbean cruises on the much more expensive Horizon. 

 

Everyone's experience is different, but I'd love to do another cruise on the Sunshine.  Really, I hope more people hate it so the rates get cheaper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 7:35 AM, thesmiths said:

Great pics.

Something tells me you like cake 🙂

 

 

yes great pics!! thanks for sharing!! we will be on her soon and cant wait!! 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...