Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Lorey2007

Symphony, Jr Suite, dining in Coastal Kitchen

Recommended Posts

We'll be in a Jr suite on Symphony of the Seas how does eating at Coastal Kitchen work unlimited, reservations on line?    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Reservations as available once you board

 

When do you sail? Some weeks/months are more crowded than others

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

We'll be in a Jr suite on Symphony of the Seas how does eating at Coastal Kitchen work unlimited, reservations on line?    

CK is not a guaranteed unlimited benefit for JS. JS can eat dinner in CK but only if space is available by reservation once on the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a JS and had no issues dining at the time we wanted (8-8:30) every night in CK on Symphony. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a side note, we are booked on Symphony in 2020, and I have been able to reserve coastal kitchen in the cruise planner already.

Symphony is the only Oasis class we haven’t yet sailed, none of the others were ever open to book online, so don’t know if this is new or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, newxmascruiser said:

As a side note, we are booked on Symphony in 2020, and I have been able to reserve coastal kitchen in the cruise planner already.

Symphony is the only Oasis class we haven’t yet sailed, none of the others were ever open to book online, so don’t know if this is new or not. 

 

We can not book the CK for dinner this September on line. Nor can we book Harmony for August. Strange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Depends on time of year. If the P’s are in full swarm, it might be difficult to get a reservation. 

 

I was referring to KSF promotions😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

I was referring to KSF promotions😉

We’d much rather have some kids than a swarm of P’s in the SL/CK. The kids tend to stay with their families while many P’s swarm in packs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We’d much rather have some kids than a swarm of P’s in the SL/CK. The kids tend to stay with their families while many P’s swarm in packs. 

 

It's not how either group acts, it's the sheer numbers of large families

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

 

It's not how either group acts, it's the sheer numbers of large families

John is correct.  We sailed  symphony during the time of Canada spring break. CK was crowded, mostly with families. There were only 12 pinnacles on board. 

 

M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note that CK is not exclusive to Suite guests.  Top tier cruisers called Pinnacles who are not paying for a suite are also allowed in. The suite marketing materials make no mention of this fact.  If you travel on a cruise with many of these non-suite paying pinnacles you will have limited to no availability for dinner time sittings.  They are easy to identify since they all wear large, gold lapel pins with their names on them.  Good luck.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that Jr. Suites cannot book the CK on line and that reservations on board are on a "as available" basis.

What about the full suites (GS and above)?  

Can they book on line?

Are their reservations also on a "as available" basis?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, mafig said:

I know that Jr. Suites cannot book the CK on line and that reservations on board are on a "as available" basis.

What about the full suites (GS and above)?  

Can they book on line?

Are their reservations also on a "as available" basis?

 

 

 

You will get an email about one week before you cruise, listing all your amenities from the concierge.

It is a form letter but still you are able to respond.

That is when we send back an email listing the days and times we want to book the CK.

 

Also any other special needs we may have.

 

Safe travels. 

Edited by Lionesss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

 

You will get an email about one week before you cruise, listing all your amenities from the concierge.

It is a form letter but still you are able to respond.

That is when we send back an email listing the days and times we want to book the CK.

 

Also any other special needs we may have.

 

Safe travels. 

 

 

 

So sorry about confusion with my above post.

 

To late for me to cancel it.   😞

 

The concierge only contacts those in GS and above....................

 

Junior suites have to book on board 

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem, Lionesss.  I knew that JS had to book on board.  You clarified that the Concierge will contact those in GS.:classic_smile:

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the first night go to CK during the day, there after stop at the desk on the way out and book for the next night. We never had a problem getting a reservation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

It's not how either group acts, it's the sheer numbers of large families

If they are staying in Suites, they should be accommodated. P’s are welcome to sail in Suites too and some do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mentioned earlier up in the thread. For a 2020

cruise (in a GS) I have booked CK online already via cruise planner. Showed up when I was browsing the dining section as available. It looks as though it could be a new thing for Symphony as no other reports I can find. So who knows what date sailing it starts from as available online but worth checking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, newxmascruiser said:

I mentioned earlier up in the thread. For a 2020

cruise (in a GS) I have booked CK online already via cruise planner. Showed up when I was browsing the dining section as available. It looks as though it could be a new thing for Symphony as no other reports I can find. So who knows what date sailing it starts from as available online but worth checking. 

 

Just checked my two January 2020 Symphony bookings and CK is not available to book through the cruise planner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

If they are staying in Suites, they should be accommodated. P’s are welcome to sail in Suites too and some do. 

 

Well, according to the rules, Pinnacles are accommodated as well. Why is this so hard to understand.  😉

 

Last I looked the R in RCI was for Royal, not Rory. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple of more questions is there a fee? Is the menu the same as the MDR if not what's it like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Couple of more questions is there a fee? Is the menu the same as the MDR if not what's it like?

 

No fee, completely different menu than the MDR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Couple of more questions is there a fee? Is the menu the same as the MDR if not what's it like?

 

Sample Menus

IMAG7525_1.thumb.jpg.abc105e89226787466410e1c3dc32f0b.jpg

 

IMAG7524_1.thumb.jpg.5f2a498ca5c5b1ec88726be41de9270f.jpg

 

IMAG7523_1.jpg

 

IMAG7522_1.jpg

 

IMAG7520_1.jpg

 

IMAG7519_1.jpg

 

IMAG7518_1.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...