Cunard Martini Mixology on QV

AspirationalFlyer

Does the Transatlantic Love Affair have just a dash of Prosecco? And how is the bourbon Mist applied - Is it literally just Spritzed over the drink? I think I'll try making those at today's happy hour. 

1 hour ago, TV Dad said:

What is the cost of the class? And does it include any samples or full drinks? I dare say, if I  drank more than two, I'd be flying on my cruise!

Hello, 

I think it was $23, which was very good value. I did not feel short changed! The crew were also happy to pour tasting samples of the ingredients too, so I got to try a sherry and some vermouth. 

They are sample sizes, but if you drink all four you will have had at least the equivalent of two full size cocktails.

The way the class works is that the person giving the class makes full size versions while giving demonstrations and explaining the history of the cocktails and their ingredients. The samples given to guests are made at the bar and poured in front of you at the table. 

There is a quiz towards the end and winners are able to select the remaining full size cocktail of their choice. 

Each guest is also given a plate of garnishes to use to play with flavours. 

The Transatlantic Love Affair is topped up with Prosecco, yes. Apparently they only have one type of Prosecco onboard - sorry, I can’t remember the name of it. 

We we were told to sip the drink first and then the mist was applied from below (see my photo) to demonstrate how it impacts taste.

AF

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

It looks like you attend many of the mixology courses. When do they usually let you sign up for one? I really want to take attend them during my two Qm2 crossings but I know they are limited seating. Do they put the information in the program the night before or can you register at the pursers desk when you check in on board? 

Cheers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Glamorkat said:

It looks like you attend many of the mixology courses. When do they usually let you sign up for one? I really want to take attend them during my two Qm2 crossings but I know they are limited seating. Do they put the information in the program the night before or can you register at the pursers desk when you check in on board? 

Cheers.

Here's what I've found in the daily programmes from 7-night QM2 crossings we have been on lately.

image.png.bb22ca86336ac2b6cdd5fb9f6d1e2059.png

Despite the statement "This exclusive event takes place once a voyage", it has actually been offered a second time "back by popular demand" on most of the QM2 crossings we've been on recently.

During the 14-night QM2 westbound crossing we were on this past July (including Liverpool, Iceland, and Canada), the daily programmes also advertised this class. Can't say whether this is ever offered on 7-night crossings.

image.png.11a80afe3e19776c906b6421095ac7bb.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Glamorkat said:

Cheers.

I signed up with the Commodore Club bartender on embarkation day and found most of the spots already taken.  Don't wait for the announcement.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:55 AM, 57eric said:

I signed up with the Commodore Club bartender on embarkation day and found most of the spots already taken.  Don't wait for the announcement.

I should further explain that the date was not set until later.  You will receive an invitation if you have signed up.  Your account is not charged until the day of the event, so you can cancel at least through the day prior.

I was not aware of the Chart Room event and will certainly be making inquiries the next time I'm on board.