Bermuda isaland tour excusrion, anyone done?

bingo3

Has anyone taken the Carnival Bermuda Island tour? I would like more specifics about it than the website gives. trying to decide between that and booking my own tour, but those can be confusing as well. I am trying to find out if any of them actually stop at Horseshoe Bay for pictures or do they just drive by? Thanks in advance if you have any experience with the ship tour or any other islands tours.

2 hours ago, bingo3 said:

Has anyone taken the Carnival Bermuda Island tour? I would like more specifics about it than the website gives. trying to decide between that and booking my own tour, but those can be confusing as well. I am trying to find out if any of them actually stop at Horseshoe Bay for pictures or do they just drive by? Thanks in advance if you have any experience with the ship tour or any other islands tours.

Yes, I did the Carnival Bermuda Island tour  09/2018. It's was a great tour and I would recommend it.

Is this the tour you are referencing?

Best of Bermuda Island Tour
     (40 Reviews)
Starting At:

$119.99 / Person
*Prices may vary by sailing

See the best of Bermuda on this shore excursion including its famous pink sand beaches, Botanical Gardens and the residence of the Premier of Bermuda. Read more
Port: Bermuda

Duration: 5 Hours

Activity Level: Moderate

No Minimum Age

Favorite  Compare

Best Of Bermuda Island Tour in King's Wharf, Bermuda
The Best Price Guarantee
Find a better price for any excursion we offer and we will refund you 110% of the price difference!*

The Best of Bermuda Island Tour lets you see the entire length of the island of Bermuda and its highlights, including the famous pink sand beaches along the Southern Shore. 

Your journey begins as you board your air-conditioned transportation and head out into Somerset Village. As this shore excursion in Bermuda gets underway, you’ll pass over the smallest drawbridge in the world, and make a photo stop at the Gibbs Hill Lighthouse. (Snap away so you’ll have plenty of memories of your cruise to Bermuda.)

Continue your coastal drive, viewing the pink-sand beaches, azure waters and the imposing barrier reef that encircles Bermuda island. Enjoy the drive past the Botanical Gardens and the official residence of the Premier of Bermuda. You will arrive in St. Georges, a World Heritage Site, where you can enjoy 45 minutes on your own to explore or shop in this unique old town, with its narrow winding alleys, cobblestone streets, picturesque cottages and museums. Your drive continues along the North Shore Road, through Flatts Village, and on to the City of Hamilton, the capital of Bermuda, Bermuda, before returning to Kings Wharf pier.
NOTES
Shops in Hamilton are closed on Sundays. 

If so let me deconstruct the known times:

15 minutes to get everyone on the tour bus

25 minutes from Royal Naval Dockyard to Gibbs Hill Lighthouse

20 minutes from Gibbs Hill Lighthouse to the Botanical Gardens via South Road (Horseshoe Bay Beach is between these 2) 

30 minutes from Botanical Gardens to St. Georges

45 minutes on your own

15 minutes to get everyone off/on the tour bus

45 minutes from St. Georges to Hamilton via North Shore Road

45 minutes from Hamilton back to the Royal Naval Dockyard 

240 minutes or 4 hours

That leaves about an hour of unaccounted for time in the description. Since the notes section mentions the shops in Hamilton being closed on Sundays they may very well be giving you shopping time while there (like at St. Georges 45 minutes of free time and 15 minutes to organize everyone off and back on to the bus). BUT it could just as easily be taking traffic slowing the tour down, the general speed limit island wide is 35 KPH (about 20 MPH).

If you wish to just visit Horseshoe Bay Beach my suggestion is the $14 round trip beach shuttle. You go spend as much time there as you want then line up to return on the next shuttle to the Dockyard. There other alternative is to get a daily unlimited transportation pass at $19/adult for a 1 day or $32/adult for a 2 day, to visit multiple locations. That way you can take the public bus to HBB then when done there grab one to visit the Botanical Gardens or head directly into Hamilton. From Hamilton you can take the ferry back to the Dockyard or get on a westbound bus to head towards St George, or visit attractions along that route like the Aquarium/Zoo or  the Crystal Fantasy caves.

10 hours ago, shof515 said:

The last time i was at Bermuda, i did an island tour with Byways tour - http://www.bermudabyways.com/ . The driver stop near by horseshoe bay beach and then drove by

We did Bermuda Byways tour, as well.  The owner (and driver), Heidi, is able to customize the tour to your preference.  She gave us lots of time to wander and take pictures at Horseshoe Bay.  It was an outstanding tour, and I highly recommend contacting her!

1 hour ago, pcvtmom said:

We did Bermuda Byways tour, as well.  The owner (and driver), Heidi, is able to customize the tour to your preference.  She gave us lots of time to wander and take pictures at Horseshoe Bay.  It was an outstanding tour, and I highly recommend contacting her!

I also highly recommend Heidi and Bermuda Byways.  We have done her “regular” tours and arranged custom pre- and post-tour activities allowing for more freedom of discussion about the island and its fascinating history.

10 hours ago, bingo3 said:

Thank you Garf, can you tell me if you stopped at any of the beaches?

Yes we stopped at a couple of beaches, but we did not have enough time to swim.They take you all over the Island, so there is not alot of time to spend at each stop.I would suggest you do a beach trip on the second day in Bermuda if you wanted to swim.

Enjoy.. I am looking forward to going back to Bermuda soon!! The Island is extremely clean.

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

Assuming you are in Bermuda for me than a few hours port stop, there is no need to do a ships excursion.

Most cruises to Bermuda are doing  two days stop there.It's a great place to tour.

We went on NCL Escape last August.  They dock at the Royal Navy Dockyard. There were small Jitney’s waiting at the pier to go to Horseshoe Beach. $7.50 per person.  Plenty of Jitney’s waiting to return to ship. Very convenient 

We did a private tour, rates are set by the government.  It was cheaper, for us, than doing a bus tour and so much better.  We were able to spend the time we wanted at each location, didn't need t wait on others and saw what we wanted too, not what was preset by someone else.