Cruise Critic Community

Alright I’m officially addicted 😂. Just got off the Conquest yesterday and already convinced my family to look into cruises for March/April next year. My question is out of these two ships which one should I look into actually booking more? I’m leaving out if Miami port and having already sailed the Conquest I want to try a different ship. Only other ship I’ve been on is the Dream. All opinions welcome! Thanks!

Personally I would choose the magic. I've been in the magic, dream, and breeze (all sister ships). I haven't been on the horizon, but I have been on its sister ship, the vista. I didn't like how they blocked off the back of deck 5 on the vista class ships for the Havana only pool area, plus the IMAX theater takes away the beautiful atrium. Don't get me wrong, the vista (and the horizon) are still awesome ships, I'm just partial to the dream class.  

7 minutes ago, jann2793 said:

Personally I would choose the magic. I've been in the magic, dream, and breeze (all sister ships). I haven't been on the horizon, but I have been on its sister ship, the vista. I didn't like how they blocked off the back of deck 5 on the vista class ships for the Havana only pool area, plus the IMAX theater takes away the beautiful atrium. Don't get me wrong, the vista (and the horizon) are still awesome ships, I'm just partial to the dream class.  

You took the words out of my mouth. I like Dream class ships significantly more than Vista class ships. 

Ship vs. ship, we enjoyed the Horizon a little better than the Magic. It was newer and had a bit more stuff on it. Both are great ships though. 

I would go to YouTube and look at the video postings of both Magic and Horizon. You’ll get an in-depth view of both.  I’ve been on the Horizon and I enjoyed it. 

As to the ship, Dream class wins for sure (Magic).

More space, less people, better spa.

Happy cruising!

We loved the Horizon and the new elevator system worked out great!

We've been on Horizon and Magic. 

Liked Magic much more. I agree about what previous posters said about the Dream class ships. Those are my favorite. Horizon was way too busy. It was like being in mall.  It was big and cramped at the same time. Not relaxing. 

We've been on both and we liked the Horizon better.  It's a newer ship and the things that bothered others did not affect us a bit.   We like larger ships but that is our personal preference.  If it were the Breeze then it would be a a tie but the Magic is not even in my top five favorite ships.   We were on the Horizon during spring break and the Magic at Thanksgiving so both times had a lot of kids but we didn't notice the kids as much on the Horizon. 

Look at what is most important to you and make your pick.  

It's a cruise so you can't go wrong!!