Cruise Critic Community
lorri111

Chilean reciprocity fee for cruise arrival

What is the situation for arriving in Chile by cruise ship rather than air? Our South American cruise ends in San Antonio and we go from there to Peru. Does the reciprocity fee only apply to airport arrivals? We are Aussie so know it is payable going in by air (though we are in transit and shouldn't have to pay it) but have not been able to find anything about entry by any other way.

From what I have read, they were only charging this for people arriving at the airport in Santiago, but maybe someone has more recent experience at the cruise terminal.  

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:53 PM, RSLeesburg said:

From what I have read, they were only charging this for people arriving at the airport in Santiago, but maybe someone has more recent experience at the cruise terminal.  

Thanks for that!

Can anyone tell me how much the fee is ? thank you

I think it varies based on what country you are from.  I think for US, it’s $150 pp.  

If you are traveling with Princess Cruises, Visa Travel Requirements are covered on the first page of your Cruise Personalizer, and in your Travel Summary, available in your Cruise Personalizer.  They are not easy to find, but look closely, they are there.

28 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

If you are traveling with Princess Cruises, Visa Travel Requirements are covered on the first page of your Cruise Personalizer, and in your Travel Summary, available in your Cruise Personalizer.  They are not easy to find, but look closely, they are there.

have never seen this provide specific info - this time it just says:

Documents You Will Need

Non-U.S./Non-Canadian citizens, in addition to passport requirements please verify your visa requirements for each port on your cruise by contacting the consulate of each country visited or by contacting a visa service

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lorri111 said:

have never seen this provide specific info - this time it just says:

Documents You Will Need

Non-U.S./Non-Canadian citizens, in addition to passport requirements please verify your visa requirements for each port on your cruise by contacting the consulate of each country visited or by contacting a visa service

Admittedly, I'm in America, and I will be flying in, but this is what shows for me. NOTE what I have highlighted.  I hope this helps.  If necessary, use "Princess" to log in.

The website is only for cruises about three months out, and my cruise is not until 2020, but I have found it very helpful.

CHILE RECIPROCITY FEE

Please review the following information regarding the reciprocity entry fee applicable to Australian, Mexican & Albanian passport holders entering Chile through Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport, Santiago:
Australian citizens: USD $ 95.00 per person - fee valid for 3 months Mexican citizens: USD $ 23.00 per person - fee valid for 3 months Albanian citizens: USD $ 30.00 per person - fee valid for 3 months
The fee will be collected directly at the immigration office at the airport and may be paid with cash (U.S. dollars) or credit card (Visa and American Express) Please note that the reciprocity fee may not be pre-paid and is subject to change.

VISA SERVICES INFORMATION

Visas may be obtained directly from the consulate of the countries visited. Visas obtained on arrival may include a service fee.
Passport holders of Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States may obtain visas through VisaCentral at http://princess.visacentral.com. Australian guests, please use http://visalink.com.au.
All other nationalities can verify their visa requirements at VisaCentral's website, but will need to obtain their visas from the local consulates of the countries visited or a visa provider in their country of residence.
Prices listed are in USD (unless otherwise indicated) and are subject to change. On voyages operating in Australia with the onboard currency in AUD, the visa fee will be converted to AUD.

Edited by 2 cruises a year

4 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Admittedly, I'm in America, and I will be flying in, but this is what shows for me. NOTE what I have highlighted.  I hope this helps.  If necessary, use "Princess" to log in.

The website is only for cruises about three months out, and my cruise is not until 2020, but I have found it very helpful.

CHILE RECIPROCITY FEE

Please review the following information regarding the reciprocity entry fee applicable to Australian, Mexican & Albanian passport holders entering Chile through Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport, Santiago:
Australian citizens: USD $ 95.00 per person - fee valid for 3 months Mexican citizens: USD $ 23.00 per person - fee valid for 3 months Albanian citizens: USD $ 30.00 per person - fee valid for 3 months
The fee will be collected directly at the immigration office at the airport and may be paid with cash (U.S. dollars) or credit card (Visa and American Express) Please note that the reciprocity fee may not be pre-paid and is subject to change.

VISA SERVICES INFORMATION

Visas may be obtained directly from the consulate of the countries visited. Visas obtained on arrival may include a service fee.
Passport holders of Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States may obtain visas through VisaCentral at http://princess.visacentral.com. Australian guests, please use http://visalink.com.au.
All other nationalities can verify their visa requirements at VisaCentral's website, but will need to obtain their visas from the local consulates of the countries visited or a visa provider in their country of residence.
Prices listed are in USD (unless otherwise indicated) and are subject to change. On voyages operating in Australia with the onboard currency in AUD, the visa fee will be converted to AUD.

Lots of good info there

1 minute ago, lorri111 said:

Lots of good info there

Hopefully it works for you upside down. O.K. down under.😉

11 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Hopefully it works for you upside down. O.K. down under.😉

👍