Sockholder Benefits

Sugarmag13

1 hour ago, zalusky said:

Yea but isn't there a restriction that the statement can't be more than 3 months old and if you like do a lot of cruises well!

40 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

Pretty much as far out as you can book, I have one for a 2021 cruise posted a few months ago. It's an incentive to not cancel the cruise 🙂

The 3 month restriction was removed from their application about 2 years ago & like CruiseVA we also had the SOBC issued long before a cruise...as long as nearly 2 years in advance.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, zalusky said:

Yea but isn't there a restriction that the statement can't be more than 3 months old and if you like do a lot of cruises well!

There was such a restriction, but since many people use that OBC to pre-pay for shore excursions, the restriction was removed.

15 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

Can you summit a copy of the purchase rather than the quarterly report?

Thanks.

Any recent document that shows ownership. I always submit my latest end of month report which I can print from my PC.

• Thanks 1

Just bought 100 shares as well, as we are in the UK obviously bought from UK agent and in GBP. Bought at 34.25 but notice it has gone down again already ( within a few minutes) will have to stop looking now as holding them for the long term. 

Our trader told me we don’t have to send proof to Princess that they do it for you. Anyone any experience of this, it isn’t the dealer recommended by Princess btw? 

13 hours ago, Soman said:

I purchased 100 shares on Friday after the second drop and faxed my info to Princess. Had the OBC for my upcoming 15 and 16 day cruises within 90 minutes. Nice $500 bonus for our two cruises. Nice job by Princess. Couldn’t be happier. 

How did you know that is was posted?  Did they send an email?

1 hour ago, happy cruzer said:

How did you know that is was posted?  Did they send an email?

I sent a fax in yesterday to add Shareholder Credit to several cruises, including one in March 2021. I checked today and the credit was posted on all of my cruises.

Log in to Cruise Personalizer and select the specific booking. Select "Payment & Credites" from the menu on the top of the page. It will list all of your onboard credits under "Credits" on that page. Note that it will list your onboard credits even if you booked with a travel agent - even though it will not show your cruise costs in that case.

Princess Cruises Booking support did a fantastic job in applying my credits quickly and accurately. I gave them an incorrect booking number for one cruise - I entered the letter "S" in the booking number when it should have been the number "5". However, they entered my credit on the correct cruise anyway.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, zalusky said:

I decided to buy some using IRA money.  I plan to leave it in the IRA so the dividends are not taxable   Sit and ride without tax considerations.

I have mine in a Roth IRA, so I can take the dividends out without any tax considerations.

I have found one problem with having it in the IRA. The IRA is separate property - not joint, so the stock is in my name only. Since I am also a veteran and DW is not, I receive $500 more OBC on a two-week cruise than she does. It makes it more complicated to prepay for shore excursions, since I have to call Princess to change the Billing Contact for her excursions to my name so I can use my OBC to prepay. You have to call a Princess representative to do this, since you cannot change the Billing Contact online, and some of their representatives have no idea how to do this.

The Carnival Corp Shareholder OBC is a great benefit as it covers several cruise lines and in most cases "stackable" with other OBC's .

CCL stock has been in freefall for the past couple weeks . Perhaps now is the time to buy if you are not already a stockholder.

Moving $$$ within your IRA is a great way to purchase and start getting the benefit without laying out new funds.

4 minutes ago, MCC retired said:

CCL stock has been in freefall for the past couple weeks . Perhaps now is the time to buy if you are not already a stockholder.

Been in a steady decline since it reported earnings in Sept 2018. Another bad earnings report on June 20, 2019. In Dec an Mar, it took 3 days before an earnings miss before it started to recover. I would wait for the up-turn if I needed to buy. Maybe a few more days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NavyVeteran said:

I have mine in a Roth IRA, so I can take the dividends out without any tax considerations.

I have found one problem with having it in the IRA. The IRA is separate property - not joint, so the stock is in my name only. Since I am also a veteran and DW is not, I receive $500 more OBC on a two-week cruise than she does. It makes it more complicated to prepay for shore excursions, since I have to call Princess to change the Billing Contact for her excursions to my name so I can use my OBC to prepay. You have to call a Princess representative to do this, since you cannot change the Billing Contact online, and some of their representatives have no idea how to do this.

If you are both using the same credit card for your onboard charges, it makes no difference who makes the excursion charges as all the charges are first reduced by any non-refundable OBC, then if any charges remain, those are reduced by refundable OBC, then if any charges remain, those charges are charged to the credit card on file. At least that's the way the charges have been handled on all of our cruises. If you're not using the same credit card for both of you, you can change that when you arrive at the port during check-in. Making changes to the credit card that you originally listed is easily done during check-in and it's much quicker to do it there than it is to wait and do it on the ship because there is usually a line at the Customer Service/Guest Services desk on the ship as all it takes is a single swipe of the credit card by the check-in agent during check-in and you're done.

Tom

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

40 minutes ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

If you are both using the same credit card for your onboard charges, it makes no difference who makes the excursion charges as all the charges are first reduced by any non-refundable OBC, then if any charges remain, those are reduced by refundable OBC, then if any charges remain, those charges are charged to the credit card on file. At least that's the way the charges have been handled on all of our cruises. If you're not using the same credit card for both of you, you can change that when you arrive at the port during check-in. Making changes to the credit card that you originally listed is easily done during check-in and it's much quicker to do it there than it is to wait and do it on the ship because there is usually a line at the Customer Service/Guest Services desk on the ship as all it takes is a single swipe of the credit card by the check-in agent during check-in and you're done.

Tom

This response does not address the problem I mentioned in my post. I agree that there is no problem with paying for excursions onboard. The problem is with prepaying for shore excursions when booking them in advance. I cannot use my OBC to prepay for DW.s excursions online - I can only do so by calling Princess. The problem is that I have to spend the additional time on the phone with Princess in order to use my OBC to prepay for DW's excursions. In my opinion, this could be fixed by a fairly simple change to the Cruise Personalizer software.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Faxed in Shareholder OBC request for 3 cruises. Sent the faxes 3 hours ago. Just now checked my personalizer and the credit is showing for all three cruises. The cruises in question aren't until November of 2020.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

This is no different than if it was not in an IRA.

No matter how it is held, it is not split between the people in the cabin but 100% of it goes to just one of the names. You would have to contact Princess to apply it in advance to the other person's prepaid excursions.

12 hours ago, richmke said:

Been in a steady decline since it reported earnings in Sept 2018. Another bad earnings report on June 20, 2019. In Dec an Mar, it took 3 days before an earnings miss before it started to recover. I would wait for the up-turn if I needed to buy. Maybe a few more days.

Note that it was not the earnings report itself that has caused the decline as the earnings beat the Wall Street estimates.

The decline is because of the reduced estimate for future earnings this year and possibly into next year.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hoosier-Cruiser said:

Sent my request in for our Dec 2020 cruise.  57 minutes later, it was posted to our booking.  Not too shabby.

Cancel. 

I just read the complete thread. 

Edited by MissP22
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, caribill said:

This is no different than if it was not in an IRA.

No matter how it is held, it is not split between the people in the cabin but 100% of it goes to just one of the names. You would have to contact Princess to apply it in advance to the other person's prepaid excursions.

If it were not in an IRA, then DW and I would own it jointly. In that case, I could request the Shareholder OBC in her name instead of mine. Then she would have Shareholder OBC, I would have $250 Military OBC, and we would each have FCD OBC - so our OBC would be equal. Since it is in an IRA, it is separate property, and I cannot request the Shareholder OBC for her - only for me. Since I am also the one with Military OBC, the OBC is distributed unequally.

56 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

If it were not in an IRA, then DW and I would own it jointly. In that case, I could request the Shareholder OBC in her name instead of mine. Then she would have Shareholder OBC, I would have $250 Military OBC, and we would each have FCD OBC - so our OBC would be equal. Since it is in an IRA, it is separate property, and I cannot request the Shareholder OBC for her - only for me. Since I am also the one with Military OBC, the OBC is distributed unequally.

That's what we ask for.  We get it that way about half the time.  🙁

when you purchase excursions pre-cruise using OBC -  when you go into your personalizer - the person having most all of the OBC - do you then just order a number of tickets - say 2 - or do you have to choose at that time who is going on the excursion ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

when you purchase excursions pre-cruise using OBC -  when you go into your personalizer - the person having most all of the OBC - do you then just order a number of tickets - say 2 - or do you have to choose at that time who is going on the excursion ?

I believe you have to check off the people who are attending. But I am new to X so, maybe I'm wrong. On P you must do so.

18 hours ago, Thrak said:

Faxed in Shareholder OBC request for 3 cruises. Sent the faxes 3 hours ago. Just now checked my personalizer and the credit is showing for all three cruises. The cruises in question aren't until November of 2020.

WOW!!!  That is generous of them as you could sell the shares long before the sailings.  I have always done it after final payment.