We are frequent cruisers but this is our first cruise on Norwegian.  I have a few questions and would love any suggestions you have.  We are sailing on the Sun on July 8.  It is my husband, my 19 year old and myself.  Are there any activities available specifically for ages 18-20?  Some cruiselines have get togethers for this age group since they are too old for the teen club but not 21 yet.  Also, I want to try the Steakhouse on board.  Has anyone eaten there and what did you think?  Also, what other restaurants do you recommend?  It is a 4 night cruise so we can't try them all. 

Any other recommendations are welcome.  Thank you!!

2 hours ago, bosoxfan5 said:

We are frequent cruisers but this is our first cruise on Norwegian.  I have a few questions and would love any suggestions you have.  We are sailing on the Sun on July 8.  It is my husband, my 19 year old and myself.  Are there any activities available specifically for ages 18-20?  Some cruiselines have get togethers for this age group since they are too old for the teen club but not 21 yet.  Also, I want to try the Steakhouse on board.  Has anyone eaten there and what did you think?  Also, what other restaurants do you recommend?  It is a 4 night cruise so we can't try them all. 

Any other recommendations are welcome.  Thank you!!

I'll give some of this a go!

Can't help with the 18-20 year old activities, because I don't actually remember, but I don't believe there is anything for that group.  My daughter who fell into that age group ended up hanging out with us most of the time, but someone else will probably have more current information.

The steakhouse is Cagneys, and it's generally thought to be delicious (I agree).  That said, occasionally there will be some "off" cruises where people report their cuts of meat were tough, and slow service. I have experienced the slow service, occasionally, but never a poor cut of meat.

I'm not sure what restaurants are on the ship you'll be on (Sky, maybe?) but I'd recommend you picking the type of food you like and just going for it.  I say that because you will get half the people say "I love La Cucina! Amazing Osso Buco and to-die-for desserts," and the other half will say "it's Olive Garden. Don't bother."  Seriously.  Generally speaking all of the specialty restaurants are very good. If you happen to order something you don't like, you can send it back. They will always replace it.  In fact, on my last cruise I ordered something that was very good, I just wasn't feeling great, wasn't hungry, and barely ate any of it.  You'd have thought I personally insulted them by not eating it all with the number of people who came to the table to apologize, for absolutely nothing! I just wasn't hungry.

Have fun!

There are planned meet ups in the dailies for the 18-20 age group. 

We love Cagney’s and use 2 of our 3 specialty dining meals there for 7 day cruises. We usually pick Teppenyaki for our 3rd meal. It’s been pretty entertaining every time we have went! We’ve also never had a bad experience in the main dining rooms. Enjoy your cruise! 

Cagney's has been mostly a miss the last 2 NCL cruises I've been on (Bliss and Getaway).  Others have had better luck, but overall my opinion is that it was much better in the past.  Give LeBistro a shot also, some good food to be had there.  The lamb chops especially and I'm not even a big fan of lamb!

I’m going to hop on this tired with a question.. this is my first NCL Cruise also.  On Princess, when you board you can go straight to your cabin . On RCCL, they make you wait until a certain time. How does NCL handle this?

7 minutes ago, CSloan said:

I’m going to hop on this tired with a question.. this is my first NCL Cruise also.  On Princess, when you board you can go straight to your cabin . On RCCL, they make you wait until a certain time. How does NCL handle this?

Depends what time you board, but rooms are typically ready at about 1:00 or 2:00 if you have a 4:00 or 5:00 departure.  

8 minutes ago, CSloan said:

Typically all cabins are ready by 2pm.  Earlier in some cases.

14 hours ago, CSloan said:

Thanks. So we need to just hang out with our carryon if we board before that time?

We board early and go have lunch in the open MDR, by the time we are finishing up the cabins are usually ready.