Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
kjbacon

Sky Suite with angled balcony and retreat pool

Recommended Posts

We are looking at what will be our first Celebrity cruise and are favoring a Sky Suite. Looking at the deck plans, I notice some of these have an angled balcony. Should this be considered a plus or a minus? Where is the pool that is reserved for suite guests on the Solstice class ships? Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no pool reserved for suite guests on the Solstice class ships (suite pool is only on Edge class).

 

Angled balcony is usually considered a plus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The angled balconies on S class(S1 corner aft sky suites) are my favorite.  They are found on decks 6-12, but deck 6 is very small and deck 12 has the largest overhang with noise from above due to chairs scrapping.  Also, the spider for window washing is on one of the decks too.  Edge does have the pool for suite guests, but no angled balconies like S class, although they are huge...for me, I prefer the S class stateroom configuration and no pool!

Edited by Lastdance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The are refurbishing the Solstice Class ships, one by one, and so far the plan is to have a hot tub on the suite (Retreat) Sundeck on deck 15, but no pool. The first one to be done, the Equinox, didn't receive a hot tub, but so far it is in the plans for the others.

 

image.thumb.png.214527e37135003ab14a63cbcce8fab0.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

The angled balconies on S class(S1 corner aft sky suites) are my favorite.  They are found on decks 6-12, but deck 6 is very small and deck 12 has the largest overhang with noise from above due to chairs scrapping.  Also, the spider for window washing is on one of the decks too.  Edge does have the pool for suite guests, but no angled balconies like S class, although they are huge...for me, I prefer the S class stateroom configuration and no pool!

There are also a couple of  S1 angled balconies on deck 12 near forward elevators, formerly Aqua suites on Refl.  We have one for our cruise in Nov.  We were torn between that one and the S1 corner on deck 12.  We will try that one next time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

The angled balconies on S class(S1 corner aft sky suites) are my favorite.  They are found on decks 6-12, but deck 6 is very small and deck 12 has the largest overhang with noise from above due to chairs scrapping.  Also, the spider for window washing is on one of the decks too.  Edge does have the pool for suite guests, but no angled balconies like S class, although they are huge...for me, I prefer the S class stateroom configuration and no pool!

 

Those Suites really do look good and you referenced my next question ... how is the noise level from above on deck 12? We try to avoid being under the pool deck and/or buffet restaurant after a terribly noisy experience years ago! Would you opt for the smaller deck 6 or the noisier deck 12?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Muushka said:

There are also a couple of  S1 angled balconies on deck 12 near forward elevators, formerly Aqua suites on Refl.  We have one for our cruise in Nov.  We were torn between that one and the S1 corner on deck 12.  We will try that one next time!

 

Just note that the cabins are not the same layout as the S1corner afts, but you will be fine!

2 hours ago, kjbacon said:

 

Those Suites really do look good and you referenced my next question ... how is the noise level from above on deck 12? We try to avoid being under the pool deck and/or buffet restaurant after a terribly noisy experience years ago! Would you opt for the smaller deck 6 or the noisier deck 12?

 

I love the aft, but never the tiny balcony on 6 for me!  So, it would be 12, and I would constantly look for another to change... just me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 12:59 PM, vtcruising said:

The are refurbishing the Solstice Class ships, one by one, and so far the plan is to have a hot tub on the suite (Retreat) Sundeck on deck 15, but no pool. The first one to be done, the Equinox, didn't receive a hot tub, but so far it is in the plans for the others.

 

image.thumb.png.214527e37135003ab14a63cbcce8fab0.png

Has the equinox retreat sun deck currently been revolutionized to look like this? (With the exception of the hot tub) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, truelovewasborninastable said:

Has the equinox retreat sun deck currently been revolutionized to look like this? (With the exception of the hot tub) 

The EQ Retreat Sundeck is different in that there is only one deck (and no hot tub), though the decor is similar to those pictures. This describes the changes on the EQ.

 

  http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/06-03-19-Celebrity_Equinox_Completes-Revolution.pdf

 

This thread has some actual pictures of the EQ Retreat Sundeck. If you scroll down to post #10, there are some pictures:

 

 

Edited by vtcruising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/24/2019 at 11:22 AM, kjbacon said:

We are looking at what will be our first Celebrity cruise and are favoring a Sky Suite. Looking at the deck plans, I notice some of these have an angled balcony. Should this be considered a plus or a minus? Where is the pool that is reserved for suite guests on the Solstice class ships? Thank you.

Thus far only the Edge and soon Apex have a pool.  While the sky suites aren't huge, the perks of being in a suite and the suite deck are wonderful!  Great bar and lunch and snacks served.  It is a wonderful experience. The other suite decks look second rate- will be on the Equinox soon, but am disappointed with the lack of amenities, including a pool, bar, hot tube etc.  But will try it or spend time at the adult pool.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 3:17 PM, kjbacon said:

 

Those Suites really do look good and you referenced my next question ... how is the noise level from above on deck 12? We try to avoid being under the pool deck and/or buffet restaurant after a terribly noisy experience years ago! Would you opt for the smaller deck 6 or the noisier deck 12?

Dear kj, We stayed in Cabin S2 #2136. Great room, but never again! The noise from above can only be described as 'rolling thunder'. Wrote a note to myself for future bookings, Do Not Book Deck 12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just got off the Summit this morning after a 7-day cruise to Bermuda.  We had cabin 6132 which is a Sky Suite with one of the larger angled balconies.  We LOVE this balcony!  It sticks out further than the rest on one side, and it's like having your own private yacht (we think so anyway).  This is our second time in cabin 6132, and we have also stayed in 6131 which is her twin.  The Summit's new Retreat deck is on Deck 12, and it has several loungers and a whirlpool.  Sorry I don't have any photos of the Retreat deck, but for some photos of our balcony and cabin on Summit last week, you can find them on my Thread on the boards, "Live From Summit" which I started last Sunday.  PS I also like that the balcony for this cabin does not have an overhang, but for some passengers this might be a drawback.  For me I love the sun and having my own private "sun deck."  🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...