Jump to content

Meraviglia Aurea suite versus Yacht Club Deluxe suite


cruzingambler
 Share

Recommended Posts

Again, it's a very nice cabin, with tons of space.  2 large loungers and a nice big hot tub (compared to those tiny ones on Seaside).   That's rare on any ship.  I would want to spend a lot of time in those private loungers rather than a crowded pool deck.

However, I don't like that metal stuff blocking the view.   I do love the wrap around view.  Port days would give a lot of things to see forward and side.

 

 I'll never book a forward facing cabin again though.  Wind noise drove me crazy.  The aft cabins are the best in my opinion.   No wind, gentle sound of the wake.    But everyone is different and there is no one size fits all.

 

Our hot tub at home is open to the sky.   That's what we like, to soak and take in the view.  I'm not sure this would give much of a view.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Seems too claustrophobic for me.    But then again, a private hot tub on a ship is quite the luxury.  

 

 

This is 11011 on Meraviglia.  

 

Aurea Suite 11011 Whirlpool

 

Aurea Suite 11011 Balkon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We had a forward curved balcony suite on two occasions on the Ruby Princess that had a view into the bridge wing and great forward views, the metal balcony does not bother us so much. The Aft wrap on Seaside was great but not wide enough though the cabin was superb and better than those in the YC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Russ_MT said:

I'll never book a forward facing cabin again though.  Wind noise drove me crazy.  The aft cabins are the best in my opinion.   No wind, gentle sound of the wake.    But everyone is different and there is no one size fits all.

 

Our hot tub at home is open to the sky.   That's what we like, to soak and take in the view.  I'm not sure this would give much of a view.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Seems too claustrophobic for me.    But then again, a private hot tub on a ship is quite the luxury.

I also prefer aft facing over forward facing for the same reasons.  I have one of those forward Meraviglia Aurea suites w/hot tub booked anyway.  Have you seen the Mardi Gras aft suites renderings?  I'm still not sure about Carnival though.

 

MG.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Até said:

I also prefer aft facing over forward facing for the same reasons.  I have one of those forward Meraviglia Aurea suites w/hot tub booked anyway.  Have you seen the Mardi Gras aft suites renderings?  I'm still not sure about Carnival though.

 

MG.JPG

 

That's really nice.  We've never done Carnival.   That is enticing though.  Wow

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:06 PM, ronbe65 said:

Hi Cruzingambler,

I would prefer an inside cabin in the YC to any suite outside the YC.

Please note that the Seaside is a much better ship.

The YC is also better on the Seaside (a two-deck high lounge and an open forward terrace).

Unless you want to see the Meraviglia (an anthill in a floating container), you may want to upgrade to the Seaside YC.

 

We have been on the Seaside recently. The YC is a solid product (4*+). 

2.jpg

 

Happy cruising!

Ronbe65 - Thank you for your input.  We have been on the Seaside, AND Loved it.  We had a regular Aurea balcony on that cruise and we were very comfortable.  I am drawn to the larger balcony and the Hot Tub in the Aurea Suite we have booked.  We've never stayed on the front of a ship before so this will be a new experience.  We have stayed aft on the Divina and were very happy with that cabin as well.  I guess you could say, we are branching out trying different cabin types and new locations on the ship (normally we are balcony mid ship).  We love the Aurea experience, sad they changed the drink package:(  We like trying out the new ships.  We have upcoming sailings on the NCL Bliss (which isn't receiving very positive reviews) & the Carnival Panorama...which will be at our home port of Long Beach, Ca.  Very excited about that one and hope it receives positive reviews.  My husband and I have been on approx. 35 cruises & we are kick back relax type of people.  We love to enjoy the view & atmosphere of the cruise ship.  A cruise is what you make it & we find the fun in everything we do.  Even though there are negative reviews (we do pay attention), we look past those and board with an open mind and create a positive experience.  Russ_MT brought up the wind noise and that concerned me too as well as the solid metal railings.  BUT, we are excited to give it a try....If it isn't what we expected, well, we know not to book it again...LOL   I appreciate everyone's input & look forward  to providing a review when we return, in hopes of helping someone else with their decision.  I guess YC will be the next step up on the next MSC sailing & that will make for a new and exciting cruise.    HAPPY CRUISING TO ALL...see  you onboard!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 4:52 PM, Até said:

I also prefer aft facing over forward facing for the same reasons.  I have one of those forward Meraviglia Aurea suites w/hot tub booked anyway.  Have you seen the Mardi Gras aft suites renderings?  I'm still not sure about Carnival though.

 

MG.JPG

We have had so many WONDERFUL experiences/memories on Carnival.  We are hoping the New Carnival Panorama doesn't disappoint.  We sail her in May once she is broken in a little.  Sailing with Family and Friends in the Spa Balconies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:28 PM, Russ_MT said:

Again, it's a very nice cabin, with tons of space.  2 large loungers and a nice big hot tub (compared to those tiny ones on Seaside).   That's rare on any ship.  I would want to spend a lot of time in those private loungers rather than a crowded pool deck.

However, I don't like that metal stuff blocking the view.   I do love the wrap around view.  Port days would give a lot of things to see forward and side.

 

 I'll never book a forward facing cabin again though.  Wind noise drove me crazy.  The aft cabins are the best in my opinion.   No wind, gentle sound of the wake.    But everyone is different and there is no one size fits all.

 

Our hot tub at home is open to the sky.   That's what we like, to soak and take in the view.  I'm not sure this would give much of a view.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Seems too claustrophobic for me.    But then again, a private hot tub on a ship is quite the luxury.  

 

 

This is 11011 on Meraviglia.  

 

Aurea Suite 11011 Whirlpool

 

Aurea Suite 11011 Balkon

Having a Hot Tub in Big Sky Country must be Heaven!  Thanks so much for your input, I really appreciate it.  I hope the noise from the wind isn't too bad....I also worry a little about the motion on the front of the ship.  Maybe I'll need to wear one of those ear patches...Normally I have no problem with the soothing motion of the ship.  So much excitement about this cruise in March.  I really hope we get what we pay for in this case...Thanks for sharing the photos!  Have fun on your cruise.  Maybe we'll see you in the YC on a future cruise:)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2019 at 6:12 PM, sidari said:

Hi CG ... We like yourself have a Deck 12 balcony forward on Meraviglia at Xmas with the hot tub and have also has an Aft suite on Seaside. We have also considered moving to the YC from the Forward balcony suite.

Remember that Aurea also comes with a massage each which is not included in the YC, a private hot tub that you don't have to share plus a larger two room cabin.

At the end of the day it all comes down to how you feel and if the move to YC is worth the extra.

We will be staying with 12007.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on 12007...We will be in that cabin in March 2020 with friends in 12010 as well. Now we just need to find someone for the duplex in between!  If you could answer a couple questions after Xmas if you remember...Curious if the couch is a bunk bed style or not in these like on the Seaside, and also wondering if you were able to upgrade to the old 536 package, and if so, how are they handling it on the MV.  Since she has never sailed with the US version, I am curious how it will be handled on that ship when she comes stateside.

 

I love the look of the suite and I believe the deck 12 are about 100 sq ft bigger than the others (and will be considered the two  Aurea Grand Suites with Whirlpool beginning Summer 2020).  Also curious if there is a TV in the bedroom and living room.  Looks like it on the Bellisima video, wasn't sure if MV is the same.  Thansk!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, slei15 said:

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on 12007...We will be in that cabin in March 2020 with friends in 12010 as well. Now we just need to find someone for the duplex in between!  If you could answer a couple questions after Xmas if you remember...Curious if the couch is a bunk bed style or not in these like on the Seaside, and also wondering if you were able to upgrade to the old 536 package, and if so, how are they handling it on the MV.  Since she has never sailed with the US version, I am curious how it will be handled on that ship when she comes stateside.

 

I love the look of the suite and I believe the deck 12 are about 100 sq ft bigger than the others (and will be considered the two  Aurea Grand Suites with Whirlpool beginning Summer 2020).  Also curious if there is a TV in the bedroom and living room.  Looks like it on the Bellisima video, wasn't sure if MV is the same.  Thansk!

Slei ... We booked the Deluxe package during the grace period change over to the new packages, we had it on Divina over Xmas 2018 with no problems. I think the tv will be the same in the Meraviglia bedroom, one reason we chose deck 12 was because I had read that the Suite was much larger than the others, it is noticeable on the outside from close up photos of the front of the ship.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We had the same "dilemma" before sailing the Meraviglia in March, 2019. We booked an aurea Duplex suite with private hot tub. YC was VERY tempting, but in the end, we sailed in our suite and LOVED it. We had no problem with wind or extra motion (we were in 12001, forward facing) and enjoyed our private hot tub and loungers everyday (sail in and sail away were amazing from that vantage point.) We upgraded our drinks package to Premium Plus and status matched to Black and enjoyed our anytime dining in Panorama. I'm sure I'd also enjoy YC, but the extra space (and bathroom) along with the above-mentioned perks, were perfect for our family. Enjoy! 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, CelebrationFamily said:

We had the same "dilemma" before sailing the Meraviglia in March, 2019. We booked an aurea Duplex suite with private hot tub. YC was VERY tempting, but in the end, we sailed in our suite and LOVED it. We had no problem with wind or extra motion (we were in 12001, forward facing) and enjoyed our private hot tub and loungers everyday (sail in and sail away were amazing from that vantage point.) We upgraded our drinks package to Premium Plus and status matched to Black and enjoyed our anytime dining in Panorama. I'm sure I'd also enjoy YC, but the extra space (and bathroom) along with the above-mentioned perks, were perfect for our family. Enjoy! 🙂

Thank you so much!  I appreciate your feedback especially about the wind and motion.  I am feeling much better about my decision to stay with the Aurea Suite....it will be sweet:)  I know we will really enjoy the privacy of our balcony with loungers and of course the selling point was the hot tub!!  We really enjoyed the Aurea package in the past with the anytime dining, the use of the spa and our massages.  We also have use of the Top 19 deck (I think that's the name) which is less crowded than the pool areas....so I feel pretty fortunate that we can take advantage of the "specialness" of this package and the location of our suite.  So glad you had a good time and a wonderful experience on your sailing....Cheer's to many more cruise memories:)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
On 6/24/2019 at 5:31 PM, Até said:

I booked one of the forward Aurea suites w/large balcony for the exact reasons the OP did.  In my case it was more than $1500 less than a YC Deluxe suite so the choice was easier.  Very tough call if $500 total difference.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

eventually we'll try the YC but the aurea suite with private hot tub was too tempting and are looking forward to it and, the massages, free thermal passes and if we need to hit a pool there's the semi private solarium on 19.  

My only concern was the drink package change, but we're planning on the upgrade.

We're sailing end of February,1st time in MAC and will do a review

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 days away!!  WOOHOO.  It's all I can think about lately.  We are so excited about our Aurea Suite with hot tub.  In the process of booking a couple of excursions.  Maya Chan in Costa Maya looks good.  Roatan is one of my favorite ports, thinking of checking out the sloths this time, so cute and cuddly & relaxing at the beach the balance of the day.  Belize, probably stay on board and enjoy this beautiful ship.  I hear a massage calling, lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Virgin Voyages. It's go time.
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...